Karma reasons for concrete message

Graybeard

• Darwins +884/-28

every 8th grader knows the american revolution was fought because of taxation without representation right...?
And broadly, that's why they are 8th graders: there was a bit more to it than that.
i say this because it is my belief that the history of our founder's strong faith and belief in god HAS been totally scrubbed from public schools and politics.
Their faith, at least the public expression of their faith, was not particularly strong. They had seen the injustices done in Europe and they set in stone the right to have your faith, regardless of what it was and they specifically excluded the state having a role in faith.
the founder's challenged the notion of the 'divine right of kings' and other societal issues based upon their beliefs in the scriptures.
And that is why the people are left to their own resources as far as faith is concerned: the state is neutral.

Andrew Jackson

“I could not do otherwise without transcending the limits prescribed by the Constitution for the President and without feeling that I might in some degree disturb the security which religion nowadays enjoys in this country in its complete separation form the political concerns of the General Government.” (letter explaining his refusal to proclaim a national day of, among other things, prayer.)

woodrow Wilson
Where was he in 1776?

John Quincy Adams
“There are in this country, as in all others, a certain proportion of restless and turbulent spirits - poor, unoccupied, ambitious - who must always have something to quarrel about with their neighbors. These people are the authors of religious revivals.”

Thomas Jefferson
Have you every read of the Jefferson Bible
The Jefferson Bible, or The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth as it is formally titled, was a book constructed by Thomas Jefferson in the latter years of his life by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition is especially notable for its exclusion of all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels which contain the Resurrection and most other miracles, and passages indicating Jesus was divine
Or used these quotes: •  “The serious enemies are the priests of the different religious sects to whose spells on the human mind its improvement is ominous.”
•  “I join you [John Adams], therefore, in sincere congratulations that this den of the priesthood is at length broken up, and that a Protestant Popedom is no longer to disgrace the American history and character.”

there are literally hundreds if not thousands of similar quotes, but now it seems that little evidence of the scriptural foundation remains in our classrooms.
Well, I’ve got lots of quotes to say that those above were often deists rather than Christian, and for good reason.

The “scriptural foundation is a myth – like the scriptures.
it's like how many today believe the theory of evolution is the product of darwin.
Your understanding of scince is about the same as your understanding of the constitution and history.
but history shows us that anaximander (610-546 b.c.) introduced the theory of "spontaneous generation"...  diogenes (412-323 b.c.) had the concept of "primordial slime"...
All those things that were shown to be misguided and inaccurate – very similar to that book “The Bible” written years ago and which can be shown to be misguided and inaccurate ... The trouble is, we have moved on from those early attempt at explanation, but you seem to be stuck with Bronze-Age science.
kinda reminds me of ecclesiastes 1:9 what has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
Yes, until we learn by our mistakes, admit them and correct them, there will be no progress. Why do you think that some people still believe that there is an Israeli tribal god up above the sky who helps us?

Frank,
You listen a lot to Fox News, don’t you?
Changed Change Reason Date
lotanddaughters Mofo desperately needs all the Woodrow Wilson he can GET. August 07, 2014, 09:42:37 AM
screwtape good post August 07, 2014, 08:50:34 AM
kcrady Thanks for debunking that "USA = Christian Iran" bollocks August 07, 2014, 07:43:00 AM