Karma reasons for concrete message

Graybeard

Global Moderator

• Darwins +522/-19

There are several troubles with “Sin”.

It is unique to Christianity - in Islam it seems to be more accurately described as "waging war against God" to various degrees. It means acting against the wishes of God. It is more than crime or morality. As PP has pointed out: “Rom:3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” But this has been happening since the world began! Has anyone, ever, not sinned? I think not. In fact, it is impossible not to sin[1].

And if you know it is impossible, but demand it anyway, you have psychologically destabilised your subject who now lives in a tyranny of his own making, scared that he will do something that is “a sin” but not knowing what that might be.

It is the tool of the dictator.

Sin goes beyond crime, beyond morality: Pick up sticks on the Sabbath -> stoned to death and damned. Even Jesus saw this was ludicrous “Mark:2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:” but it had been a sin... then it’s not… so what was that all about?

Oh, and having slaves is not at all sinful, is it?

Sin is not only beyond crime, beyond morality, avoiding it trumps everything: “Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.”

Here we have the true fundamentalist: “I don’t give a shit for the law, I listen to God.” Brave words by psychopaths, but not for a democracy.

1Co:6:12: All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

But just a minute! What is this?

“1st Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
1st Peter 2:14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
1st Peter 2:15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:"

So where is sin? When you have to make a choice, do you obey your leaders or obey God?

So Sin is basically what those in charge of the Church say is sin, and that is basically not agreeing with what they have said is God’s Word.

If you wish examples, look to North Korea: They know about sin. The starving, dying inhabitants of the forced labour camps have sinned. Those who are tried and executed in a day have sinned.

And that is how Christians see the perfect world: an absolute theocracy where God’s Word is interpreted by the unelected few and death to those who resist.

Long live sin... They don't know what it is, it is not written down, there is no codex of laws but, By God, you will suffer if you sin.
 1. So is the world going to be imperfect for ever?
Changed Change Reason Date