Karma reasons for concrete message

Graybeard

Global Moderator

• Darwins +534/-19

Here's an historic record to start with. It seems reasonable evidence against an Armageddon scenario. But. That's the real issue, I'm interested in exploring.

No you are not. You keep posting about things "a friend said" or " how do you convince a believer [that they are wrong]" when all you are doing is repeating superstition that you yourself seem to accept.

“14:20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.”

the Romans "went on killing until their horses were submerged in blood to their nostrils".[/quote]

The phrase, "something was up to a horse's bridle" was a common hyperbole: it means there was a lot of something. Today, in the UK at least, we say,

"The footpath through the woods was like a swamp. At the end I was "up to my eyeballs in mud.""

It is idiomatic and not meant to be taken literally, but "to be up to your eyeballs in something" simply means there was a lot of it.

We also have the idiom, "It was raining cats and dogs." This does not mean that cats and dogs were coming from the sky: it simply means that it was raining heavily.

So, what you have in Revelations and the other source is simply a common phrase.
Changed Change Reason Date