Karma reasons for concrete message

Grimm

• Darwins +61/-1

Quote from: GamerGirl

"22 [...
And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell." Matthew 5:22

"40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?"  Luke 11:40

"17 You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?" Matthew 23:17

"25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken!" Luke 24:25

Any other instances you've found where Jesus contradicts himself?

FALLACY: a dicto simpliciter ad dictum secundum quid Destroying the Exception.

If the Son of Man is the One who comes in Judgment, it is irrational to believe he is the object of the Judgment.

Matt 28:18 "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

The reasoning is unsound.

EDITED to change "the reasoning is unsound" from "your reasoning &c".

*SIGH*

Allow me to offer this without biblical support - if you require it, I'll take the time to dig it up, but, frankly, the ideas I'm going to use are very elementary ones.

Assumption:   The bible lays down rules that dictate how men are to act.

Fact:  Included in those rules is the aforementioned statement attributed to Jesus re: fools, and his later statements where he calls others fools.

Fact:  Jesus is the "Son of Man" by his own account, human, born of a human parent and subject to human limitations (he must eat, he sleeps, and he exhibits other human foibles).

Fact:  As a man, Jesus is subject to the same rules that God dictates are true of all men.

Therefore:  Jesus has broken a rule laid down by god.

Caveat:  Jesus's divinity may exempt him from the rule.

Fact:  Nowhere in the bible is this stated; it is brought in from extrabiblical sources and later philosophers attempting to write an apologetic for discrepencies like these.

Therefore:  It requires extrabiblical apologetic to argue that Jesus-as-divine is exempt from the rules laid out within the bible, as it is not stated explicitly.

Corollary:  Destroying the Exception requires the exception be proved to be valid.

Fact:  Jesus cannot be proved an exception with purely biblical sources; see above, and, in addition, note that he is subject to God's will in many other actions, notably going to his own death and acting in certain ways that would bring about that death. 

Corollary:  Special Pleading results when an exception is declared without cause.

Therefore:  Declaring Jesus to be exempt from judgement as he is the judge is, without further evidence, special pleading.

Your argument is offered without evidence for the veracity of your statement, therefore it fails to progress past assertion.  Special Pleading.
Changed Change Reason Date
screwtape boom July 02, 2012, 07:56:19 AM
Hatter23 Nice, not that it will matter to Mr. Argumentum ad logicam June 13, 2012, 11:05:27 AM
Brakeman Nice play! June 11, 2012, 09:53:41 PM