Karma reasons for concrete message

12 Monkeys

• Darwins +107/-11

But as the story goes, it wasn't Christians who killed Jesus.  At least for the most part.  It was his enemies led by Satan, who really didn't have a choice in the matter, having been offered the privilege via divine prophecy.  How could he turn that down (aside from the minor detail that concluding his part in it pretty much sealed his fate)?  The real sticking point is Judas, who was either a sincere believer who was corrupted into committing a supremely terrible wrong, or a non-believer who was forced to play the dupe in order to provide a bit of drama.  Either way, it sucks.  But hey, better you than me, buddy.

Now that I think about it, it's fascinating that two of the most integral role players in the sacrifice going off as planned were condemned to NOT be redeemed by it before it even happened.  And at least in Judas' case, it seems to have been unnecessary.  Oh well, collateral damage and all of that!  The rest of the world gets the benefit of a ransom sacrifice that provides a path to salvation and eternal life!!!

...and the knowledge that it's been offered by a god who can capriciously exempt you from it if he decides that it's in line with his ill-defined and confusingly-presented "will."  Happy Easter!  ;D
I think it was the break-off sect of Jews who started Christianity trying to put the final nail in the coffin of Judeism by having the Jews kill their own God......of course that is only if you believe the stories.
Changed Change Reason Date