Karma reasons for concrete message

Anfauglir

Global Moderator

• Darwins +411/-5

sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.”
"“…

I guess you still have not sold your computer then.

But if you give so much away that you are poor and the poor are given so much that they stop being poor, do they then have to give it back again to return to being poor and so on and so on?

You don't understand. You can have riches. You just can't be obsessed with them to the point where they are the #1 focus of your life.

There are a lot of professional athletes that are Christians with enormous wealth but they always give credit to God first and foremost.

Matthew 25: "Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. "

I do not understand how there can be people with nothing, while people have plenty, and those people with plenty believe they will still go to heaven.  It seems to directly contradict the direct words of Christ.

Indeed, the whole philosophy of "god gave me riches, so its okay" doesn't seem to fit with the words of Christ.  My understanding would be - "yes, god DID give you riches - so that you could use them ALL to bring good to the world, not so you could have three cars and a 42" TV".
Changed Change Reason Date
Xero-Kill Amen! February 24, 2014, 03:41:56 PM
median Precisely! True Christians don't own anything. November 29, 2013, 11:27:36 AM