Karma reasons for concrete message

Anfauglir

• Darwins +371/-4

1) How is a person with a tulpa distinct from a person with MPD, given everything you say applies to a tulpa?

After some more research, i would say they are rather similar, but MPD is a dissorder, while a tulpa is a creation. MPD also hinges on simply being a separate personality, while tulpae are generally more distinct.

Distinct in what way?  I'm still going from that list from your quotes, they all seemed to describe a personality to me.  It also sounds like you are quibbling over the terms "disorder" and "creation".  I'm asking you what the differences are in the end results.

2) Given you are creating a separate entity that can make its own decisions, dislikes being forced to change, has a full personality with all human traits, is self-aware, capable of taking action on its own, can affect its creator, take them over, and lock them in their own mind…..would you agree that creating such a thing is intrinsically very dangerous?  And as such, is at best naïve, at worst particularly stupid? 

Much like how a tulpa can normally only "take over" if given consent, even then, the creator can usually take back control (according to forums, there has been irreversible take overs...)
I would agree that tulpae can be dangerous, but not more-so than any actual human.
If you were to make a tulpa, you would be nice to it like everyone else, no? So it would have no reason to retaliate.

Note my bolds.

I'm sure you would be nice to it.  But consider this: your claim is that the tulpa has the same kind of feelings and thoughts and drives as any regular human - "all the human traits", I believe you said.  Now consider this: how would YOU feel, trapped in a body you cannot control, subject entirely to the whims of the creator, "taken out and played with" at his pleasure?  You may be the nicest jailer in the world, but at the end of the day, jailer you are.  Think about your own quote:

I would not trust anything with the power to control me, i can assume you would agree.

That MUST perforce mean that Alexis does NOT trust you, does it not?

If a tulpa is TRULY as human as a human, then they will all, inevitably, wish for and strive for control.  If you are saying that most tulpa do and will NOT do that, then they are NOT separate entities, and are just a highly-imagined imaginary friend, with all their responses being imagined by the creator, NOT generated by the "tulpa".  I don't see how you can have it both ways, either they are distinct and will desire freedom, or they are the perfect Tamagotchi with no desires of their own.

(offtopic, what is your motivation anyway? Not to be rude, or make untrue statements, but if you don't believe in tulpae, why ask such questions?)
Thanks for the questions though.

Because of my paragraph just above.  Tulpa are EITHER just a super-imagined construct, no different ultimately than Bernie that I mentioned a few pages ago, or they are real and clear dangers indistinguishable from MPD.

If it’s the former, then I am continuing in this thread for the same reason I challenge ANY unsupported "woo" that people come up with.  If the latter, then you are on a dangerous course that you are encouraging others to think is safe and dandy, and I will continue to argue those points until you can offer any reasoned arguments that there is no danger.  Thus far, you've managed to avoid answering any of the tougher questions I've posed, normally by shifting your stance as soon as the debate goes too far one way or another.
Changed Change Reason Date
screwtape great post in a horrid thread October 01, 2013, 01:04:12 PM