Karma reasons for concrete message

Anfauglir

Global Moderator

• Darwins +408/-5

Quote from: Anfauglir
Junebug doesn't DO direct answers to questions.

It might help it - to clarify for everyone - you state whether you think your car's failure was the mechanical result of a failure to act, or was a direceted judgement on you for your failure. 

THAT IS NOT TRUE I HAVE ANSWERED MANY QUESTIONS DIRECTLY. I DO THE BEST I CAN.  SO SORRY I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU A.

HOW ABOUT EVIDENCE.  TELL ME HOW MANY QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ASKED AND HOW MANY HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.  IF IT'S MORE THAN 75% YOU ARE WRONG AND JUST BEING DIFFICULT.  IF YOU ARE RIGHT I'LL LEAVE THIS WEBSITE AND NEVER RETURN. I ANSWERED 5/6 FROM YOU YESTERDAY, I MISSED 1 THAT IS 83%. 

YOU HAVE NO EMPATHY ANFAUGLIR.

Tell me why I should have empathy for someone that I believe deliberately ignores questions that they fear would shake their faith?  Well, empathy perhaps, if you mean "feel sorry for", but certainly not respect. 

If I honestly felt that you were doing your utmost to answers questions raised; to clairfy and be as clear and specific as possible; to take on board what other people are telling you and honestly consider it.....then, I might have empathy.  But sadly, I don't.

Here's a question that you never answered: What is your criteria for evidence?  VERY relevant here, since you are asking for specific numerical evidence to be gathered to support your position.  Can't you just accept that  "I have a feeling you don't answer questions" and leave me alone?

But fair enough - you ask for evidence, here we go: questions (just of mine) that you have not answered in this thread.  I reckon that there are at least 8 questions here that you have not answered.  The crucial one (for me) I have put in bold.

So your contention is that there were no (or significantly fewer) tornados in the US before around the 1600s?

First off, is your preferred explanation for central-US's level of tornados still "a curse", or are you now leaning more towards "natural result of terrain and climate in that area?"

And the second question.....how much research did you do on tornados et al before asking here "is America cursed"?  I know you did some, because you quote the difference between tornados in Canada and the US.  What I am interested in is whether you got that far, and thought "maybe America is cursed", or whether you read further first to discover what we know about how tornados form?

Do you feel there is a critical number of haters for a curse to take effect, or is there a sliding scale? 

Is it purely a "quantity" thing, or does it vary depending on the scale of the hate - i.e. does one person seriously hating you cause the same level of curse to fall on you as ten people vaguely disliking you?  (Not implying those are actual numbers, but you see what I mean).

if weather comes from pollution, then cease pollution and you cease the weather.  But if we're talking some kind of karmic effect from people hating you, then would the curse effect cease immediately?  What if the person still hates you even AFTER you've said sorry?  Do you believe the curse would stop, or keep going?

That's a lot of questions I can't trace the answers to, Junebug.  I reckon well over half of the questions I've asked you have not answered.  And that's just in this thread, never mind "what is your criteria for evidence" from the debate - would you like me to search other threads as well?  Remember "why should I follow any of your links, when the one piece of yours I DID read was dishonest and manipulative"?  Remember "did you read the anstract it referenced?  Did you read the actual study?  Or did you just think 'this fits my opinion, I will just post it and never mind if it is honest or not'"?

No answers to any of them.....CRUCIAL questions if you want my sympathy and respect.

TELL ME HOW MANY QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ASKED AND HOW MANY HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.  IF IT'S MORE THAN 75% YOU ARE WRONG AND JUST BEING DIFFICULT.  IF YOU ARE RIGHT I'LL LEAVE THIS WEBSITE AND NEVER RETURN.

Hmmm.

You likely won't believe it, but (hopefully) long-term members will back me up that it is extremely rare for me to have so many problems with another poster.  I engaged happily with posters like Fran, and Afadly, when others had already given up on them.  I was able to debate with joebowers, and accept he had some good points even though he was generally considered a jerk and (in other threads) I had been vigorously opposing his position. 

You don't know who they are, I suspect.  But point being, its truly very, very rare that I find myself with so little respect for another poster on this forum.  Most people get a whoooole lot of tolerance and respect from me, for quite considerable lengths of time.  But - as you note - I very quickly got to a stage with you where I had lost all respect for you, based on the amount of questions that you had dodged.

Why do you think that is, if you are indeed the blameless "answer all questions" Junebug that you protest you are?
Changed Change Reason Date
caveat_imperator Great post that JB will ignore as usual. June 01, 2013, 11:03:19 AM