Karma reasons for concrete message

Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-4

I think the people who really believe, hook line and sinker, are folks the rest of the world considers to be complete nutters: Moonies, hermits who live in caves, Hindu mystics who put hooks in themselves, barefoot black guys with matted dreads who sell incense on the subway for Jah, Filipinos who get nailed to crosses, Mexican women who pray to the Virgin Mary image they see on their tortillas,  the 9/11 hijackers, Tom Cruise.

Good point: the chances of a True Believer hanging around an internet forum for atheists is probably pretty small.....unless they were absolutely convinced that that is what their god wants from them.

If I believed.  If I truly BELIEVED.  In a GOD, who made everything and who will determine my eternal afterlife.....well.  Like Jesus said, for example - family and friends would be a poor second.  Working a 9 to 5 would fall by the wayside.  I would cast everything aside to do what my god commanded (or to find out what my god wanted) and trust that - like the sparrows - he would provide for me.

Quote from: Granny Weatherwax
You wouldn't find me just being generally nice in the hope that it'd all turn out right in the end, not if that flame was burning in me like an unforgivin' sword.  And I did say burnin', 'cos that's what it'd be....that's what true faith would mean, y'see?  Sacrificin' your own life, one day at a time, to the flame, declarin' the truth of it, workin' for it, breathin' the soul of it.  That's religion.

Dicking around on the interweb avoiding questions from unbelievers?  VERY low on my priority list.....if I truly believed.
Changed Change Reason Date
lotanddaughters Well worded. August 13, 2013, 08:50:29 PM