Karma reasons for concrete message

Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-4

I came across this quote from Richard Dawkins today.

Quote from: Dawkins
We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively outnumbers the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here. We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?

It occured to me that despite differences of belief, atheists, Christians, Muslims (and probably more) are united in believing that this is the ONE life we shall have on this earth.

No matter what you feel may happen afterwards, then, is it not a good thing to ensure that we do what we can to make this one brief sliver on earth the best it can be?  Even if you have a huge hate on for what some people do with their lives, you know that they will burn in hell for all eternity.  Why the need to make their 70 odd years here a misery as well? 

For some haters, eternity is not enough.  They demand that people suffer for eternity plus some more.  How can you carry that much hatred inside you?
Changed Change Reason Date
median Beautiful quote... March 20, 2013, 01:48:42 PM
kin hell nice request for sanity March 23, 2013, 03:14:53 AM