Karma reasons for concrete message

Aaron123

• Darwins +77/-1

Skepticism over God's existence is acceptable at certain terms, but saying "No, God Doesnt Exist" bears the question of "Why do you do good and why you dont do bad?" or "Why do you keep on the standards that are standardized under the laws directly connected to the belief in the entity you dont believe?"

Without the belief in a God or in a Diety, people wont be the same. Everything would probably be in chaos. I myself would have killed so many people who were gravely at fault with me, if i didnt believe that there is unbearable punishment waiting for me if i do that besides imprisonment, prison is bearable. How Come? Coz there would be no difference between good and bad, one would be doing only acts of self preservation. There wont be any morals, like not doing to your kid what you do to your wife at night.

I wonder if this sort of logic is the reason why god is a mass-murderer in the bible.  Yahweh has no gods to worship, follow, or otherwise look up to.  So he commits genocide and commands his followers to murder as well.  All the while, spins it as "lawful" and have generations of followers justify the killings as "righteous".

If only Yahweh had a god of his own to teach him right from wrong, good from bad.  Instead, he comes up with his own stuff.  His "laws" were so bad, that even he ended up abolishing them after awhile (of course, he spinned it as "fulfilling" the law), and his followers can't even agree on what is still in effect or how to interpret them.  Chaos, indeed.

EDIT: Can't believe it took me this long to notice how this arguement refutes itself.

Without the belief in a God or in a Diety, people wont be the same. Everything would probably be in chaos. I myself would have killed so many people who were gravely at fault with me, if i didnt believe that there is unbearable punishment waiting for me if i do that besides imprisonment, prison is bearable. How Come? Coz there would be no difference between good and bad, one would be doing only acts of self preservation. There wont be any morals, like not doing to your kid what you do to your wife at night.

According to this, without god, we would only act out of self-preservation, without any morality to guide us.  Yet, his reasoning for not killing is exactly that.  Appearently, the one and only reason he hasn't killed anyone (yet) is because he is trying to avoid an "unbearable" punishment.  That is the very definition of "acts of self preservation".  No morality is being accounted for here.
Changed Change Reason Date
nogodsforme Good one. God needs a bigger god to make him behave. June 23, 2013, 06:50:08 PM