Karma reasons for concrete message

William

• Darwins +92/-2

The prophets nor the Father pressured jesus into it.

The Prophets merely described what jesus was going to do, based on Jesus' own choice.

This assertion is contradicted by reality.  Every child is pressured to some extent by the expectations/ambitions their parents have for them - for example to be a professional, or a great artist, or to achieve something the parent could not (as in God's case.) 

I asked you what options Jesus had?  If Jesus walked away from his assignment the prophets would've been wrong and the Father would've been in his ear all day every day. God had an absolutely clear mission set out for Jesus - His only Son.  And to think that Jesus could ever do something else is unscriptural:

Matthew 26: 39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”

Jesus effectively had no choice in the matter.

An innocent sacrifice must be made as redemption for sins.
Why?  It's stupid.  Why not at least sacrifice the guilty?  Or make the guilty pay?
It is unjust and unethical that an innocent "must" pay the price for another's sins.

Something clean needs to be used to redeem the dirty.
The dirty can not redeem the dirty.
This is bizarre contorted thinking. What happened to saying "sorry"? Repaying one's own debt? Being accountable for one's own actions?

The concept of vicarious redemption through human sacrifice is vile and immoral. No person of courage and integrity can accept it without becoming a slave to constant regret and guilt.

If any reasonable human being had known what was going on they would have acted to prevent the whole repugnant affair.  But the full purpose of the deed only became clear later - when it was too late for moral people to protest about it. 

So effectively we were duped into accepting a hideous sacrifice (enslaving us to guilt) on our behalf when we were not even there ourselves to negotiate alternatives.  I cannot accept this and will never respect a God who works like this - one who denies me a moral choice.

My outrage at this vile idea overflows onto Christians who lack the moral fibre to see what's wrong with substitutionary atonement, and want me to believe it too, to pull me down to their level of obsequious fear.  Luckily it's all fiction or I'd get really angry.
Changed Change Reason Date