Karma reasons for concrete message

William

• Darwins +92/-2

The problem is that God is not capable of "being in the same room" with anything less than perfection.   Physically we would just be destroyed to be in His presence. 
My bold.

SkyWriting, you are trashing the little respect I have left for your ideas with this inconsistent fairy tale nonsense.

Adam and Eve, after the snake and apple incident, were supposedly in God's presence before he ushered them out of the garden.
God was seen and even Himself said He appeared to people in the OT. Unless it was smoke and mirrors He must have been in their presence:
Exodus 6  2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.
Exodus 24  9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

But this whole notion of us not being able to be in Gods presence that is found in parts of the Bible is nothing but a sinister shaman trick  :police:  The reason they don't want people to think God should be seen is simply because God doesn't exist.  If people are too scared to think about or want to be in God's presence then they are less inclined to worry about the fact that God is invisible, absent, leaves no evidence, and has no basis in fact.

It's just more dishonesty the meme acquired to protect itself in times when people were less educated and not able to read for themselves.  Nowadays it's re-orchestrated daily by the clergy who benefit from the flock being a little spooked and staying tight in the bunch for safety - where they are easier to parasite off.

It's not a judgment, its like a "law of nature."   So there things a person needs to do before communication can begin.  Read about "faith" to know what you are expected to do first.
More pure make-believe - and once more contradicted by the Bible &)

You know very well that doubting Thomas was given extra direct evidence to convince him.

You know very well that Jesus put on an extraordinary display to Saul to win him over:
Acts 9 1 Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest  2 and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.  4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”
Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.[a] It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”
6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?”
Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

So the necessary precedents are all there - people who were independent thinkers were given special one-on-one information tailored to their needs for faith. They had done nothing to deserve these unique life-changing insights served up by Jesus in person no less.  Why should we all have to put up with dishonest preachers who can't agree with each other, inaccurate translations, and signs that fade under scrutiny. 

In contrast to Thomas and Saul, I certainly did all prescribed reading, with all sincerity. I wanted faith. I wanted to conform. I did the praying, I cried real tears begging for faith, and asked others for help, etc.  Absolutely nothing happened to bolster my faith.  But my reading of the Bible gradually began to disturb me, first enough to find and devour all the bits of the Bible never read out in church. And then a full reading from start to finish. The beautifully bound King James Bible my devout Catholic mother gave to me is precisely what undid the last remnants of my faith.  I was shocked and disgusted by what I read.  Almost everything I questioned turned out to be another pinprick to the bubble of my rapidly deflating delusion.

SkyWriting, on the topics of BibleGod & Jesus I'm starting to repeat myself when engaging you, which is really boring, and not helping anyone, so I'll stop now.  I'll carry on with some of science topics - which I think are more fruitful.
Changed Change Reason Date
median Excellent response to an egotistical, arrogant, asshole July 22, 2013, 08:59:17 PM