Karma reasons for concrete message

Gnu Ordure

• Darwins +109/-9

Riley:
Trying to cover it all while at the same time trying to not let my own beliefs lead me to a bias conclusion is a lot more difficult then I thought.
Sure, that's difficult (and +1 for understanding the problem).

Here's an idea; instead of looking at the supposed science in the Bible, why not look at the science in the Qur'an, thus side-stepping your bias? Muslims make similar claims to Christians, that the Qur'an contains modern knowledge unknown at the time of writing, thus proving Allah's omniscience. And they do this in the same fashion; they take some ambiguous verse and then insist it is referring to something modern, ignoring any inconsistencies, and ignoring what people in the 7th Century did actually know.

This is quite a modern game for Christians and Muslims, by the way; as far as I know this strategy has only been used in the last two or three decades.

Here's a list of the Scientific Miracles of the Qur'an; hopefully you'll be able to see what the author is doing, as well as spotting the many inaccuracies.

(My favourite is "The Ears are Active during Sleep", which contains the extraordinary claim that "According to recent scientific discoveries, the ear is the only sensory organ active while a person is sleeping. This is why we need an alarm clock to wake up". See the error there, Riley?).

Once you've understood the Muslim strategy, you'll have more understanding of how we view the Science of the Bible.
Changed Change Reason Date
velkyn that's a very good way to attack the problem November 14, 2011, 03:20:00 PM