Karma reasons for concrete message

gzusfreke

• Darwins +7/-38

I am saddened that any would rebel against God and choose eternal torment.

Not remotely related to what I said.

Its hard to say, since you edited that part out.  Getting snippy wid it!

I am glad that God is a God of mercy who offers forgiveness for the repentant but offers justice for those who reject Him.

So I was right.  If you believe that Madbunny, or anyone else, gets sent to hell to roast for all eternity - you are glad of it.

I do not place the value of a human over the value of God's character or His right to be obeyed and worshiped.  I know this may be offensive to you, but I am trying to explain how I believe, which is a mainstream Christian view of this subject.

I do understand that your beliefs require you to hold the most ultimately passionate hatred imaginable for those who disobey your god.  That is what is required in order to desire that sort of punishment for them, after all.

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother. (1 John 4:20-21, ESV)

I love you Azdgari and desire that God would save you and that you could find eternal life in Him.  That last thing I want for you is for you to suffer eternal damnation.  But the Jesus said that our love for Him must be of such quality that even our love for our own family would appear as hate in comparison.  I would be wrong to not want God to show justice for those who refuse His mercy.  What is He left with if they refuse His mercy except to be just?

As long as you acknowledge the incredible amounts of hatred involved in your beliefs, I'll be done here.

Your portray a straw man, but I'm ok with you being done here.
Changed Change Reason Date
Azdgari Dirty f'ing liar. January 01, 2014, 02:50:50 AM