Karma reasons for concrete message

MadBunny

• Darwins +113/-0

Sorry in advance for the huge image.

First question

Are there any Republican policies currently in place which (if you had the power) you would change. Why?

Trickle down, or top down taxation.  The idea that letting the wealthy have more money results in the poor having more jobs and thus more of their own money has been shown time and again to be pure fantasy.

If you look at a chart of income, taxes and income disparity in this country you'll see that largely it follows this trend in taxes.  Note the point where the major shift in the countries income starts.  That's the point right about where we made our shift in capital gains taxation.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2011/09/04/opinion/04reich-graphic.html

Alternate question

Are there any Democrat policies currently in place which (if you had the power) you would change. Why?

Trickle down, or top down taxation, and treatment of Wall st.  The Democratic party has for the last few decades abandoned it's Progressive roots.
I'm well aware of the so called 'laffer curve' and I disagree with the current conservative interpretation of it and say that the numbers should be set WAY higher than they are.

I would say that the problem with the Democratic party is that they have fallen into the propaganda trap set by the religious right.

Changed Change Reason Date
screwtape love the huge image December 04, 2013, 01:01:36 PM
Chronos Yep, that. November 28, 2013, 12:05:49 PM