Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Chatter / Re: "What are you listening to now"... take three...
« Last post by jdawg70 on Today at 07:21:28 PM »
Artist: Tool
Track: Hooker with a Penis

Artist: Queenadreena
Track: Pretty Like Drugs

Artist: Jack Off Jill
Track: American Made

Artist: Scarling.
Track: The Last Day I Was Happy
Chatter / Re: Jimson Weed.
« Last post by carstensenscott on Today at 06:59:54 PM »
What reasoning could a believer give to the life altering interaction of a perfect creation with a substance grown in his own back yard?
Science / computers can now read thoughts in your brain
« Last post by Foxy Freedom on Today at 06:36:44 PM »
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170626105758.htm

If you think that thoughts are formed by your soul, think again, with your brain wired to a computer.

Or you could have some of your memories erased instead, if you don't want to be embarrassed by something.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170622121944.htm
That honestly does strike me as weird - at least one of them has got to be thinking at a minimum "yo I can totally make bank milking that angle," right? Maybe even a few of 'em who genuinely want to make a real statement in the face of this administration?

I don't doubt one of them thinks they can make bank by filming, but the legal issues are probably overwhelming. And let's not forget what happened to the most recent (big) whistle-blower, who exposed the level at which the USA's NSA spies on its own citizens: he was forced into exile and precisely nothing changed. The outrage quickly faded into nothingness, and nobody actually took action. People became complicit in their government's actions through their own inaction. They're apathetic. Sure, they'll cry for a while, but nothing will get done. Most people wouldn't risk their job and possibly their freedom to "stick it to the man" when none of their fellow citizens are willing to back them up.
That seems like a good explanation.

IMO, if this apathetic behavior continues, and the POTUS continues doing what he's doing, those who are actually motivated to act will become more desperate and radicalized until they make full use of their second amendment rights to "eliminate" the problem in the only way still available to them.
Yeah I'll be honest - my concern for this grows.
That honestly does strike me as weird - at least one of them has got to be thinking at a minimum "yo I can totally make bank milking that angle," right? Maybe even a few of 'em who genuinely want to make a real statement in the face of this administration?

I don't doubt one of them thinks they can make bank by filming, but the legal issues are probably overwhelming. And let's not forget what happened to the most recent (big) whistle-blower, who exposed the level at which the USA's NSA spies on its own citizens: he was forced into exile and precisely nothing changed. The outrage quickly faded into nothingness, and nobody actually took action. People became complicit in their government's actions through their own inaction. They're apathetic. Sure, they'll cry for a while, but nothing will get done. Most people wouldn't risk their job and possibly their freedom to "stick it to the man" when none of their fellow citizens are willing to back them up.

IMO, if this apathetic behavior continues, and the POTUS continues doing what he's doing, those who are actually motivated to act will become more desperate and radicalized until they make full use of their second amendment rights to "eliminate" the problem in the only way still available to them.
This tweetstorm from Eliot Higgins captures how I feel about this:

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/879414110810591232
Quote from: Eliot Higgins
Seriously, turn on the fucking cameras, you fucking cowards, this is the darkness democracy dies in.
I have Russia trying to hack me, their media attack me, sending people to my families homes and you're too scared to turn on your cameras.
Do some fucking journalism you pathetic fucks.
"but my credentials" fuck off
If Spicer only has Breitbart, InfoWars, and Globalresearch.ca to brief then maybe the White House might reconsider its no camera policy.
The White House press corps are cowards complicit in Trump's attacks on American democratic norms, show some fucking balls for once.
Getting kicked out a White House press briefing for turning on a camera is a way more interesting story than regurgitating Spicer's bullshit
Do it, you fucking cowards, just flip the switch.
You think people will forget the first person who stood up to the White House on this? Flick the switch and be damned.
Stand up to an attack on American democracy or be complicit, tough choice, White House Correspondents' Assocation
Remember when you were in journalism school and dreamt about being pushed around by the White House unable to do serious journalism?
Oh, you don't? Then stop being a fucking coward and flick the switch.
How about you just get a job in PR writing press releases, because that's all you're good for.
Imagine footage of Sean Spicer demanding you turn off the camera, then throwing you out. Flick the damm switch and watch him squirm.
And imagine when Trump meltdown on Twitter calling you fake news, and his minions have to defend him. Flick the switch, be a hero.
In conclusion, fuck you, you fucking cowards (flick the switch)
Who wouldn't want to say "No, Sean, fuck your rules"? #FlickTheSwitch

I cannot help but feel like this is precisely the appropriate response.  And it does kind of boggle my mind - shouldn't there be a line of reporters begging to be that 'hero of the people' dissenter?  That honestly does strike me as weird - at least one of them has got to be thinking at a minimum "yo I can totally make bank milking that angle," right?  Maybe even a few of 'em who genuinely want to make a real statement in the face of this administration?
Technically, they don't have to hold press briefings at all.

And the sad part is, the Trumpettes (as someone else on one of those links called them) would still applaud that decision, if the Clockwork Orange made it so.
It is quite a pathetic and weasel move by the loser in the White House.

You gotta squeeze him until he relents.
On an unrelated note, I love orange juice.
Technically, they don't have to hold press briefings at all.  And indeed, that's been the direction of the White House's trend in terms of communicating with the public.
Sadly, I do not think it is illegal. But it certainly does not help the administration in any way. It simply confirms that Trump and his cronies are not trustworthy - said Captain Obvious.

It is quite a pathetic and weasel move by the loser in the White House.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10