Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Chatter / Re: myth of a humane General Robert E. Lee
« Last post by Azdgari on Today at 11:39:18 AM »
Anfauglir, why are you out?
Chatter / Re: Is "The South Will Rise Again" a call to treason?
« Last post by Emma286 on Today at 09:33:26 AM »
Appreciate the point that you're making there One.

Still, I figured that his comment was referring to the here and now! I made the mental interpretation "the slogan/chant/mantra is all meaningless until it reaches a point in time when it's not anymore." I figured that this was in relation to the second part of your question!

On further thought though, guess it is possible my interpretation is wrong. Maybe he did mean something else i.e. "everything is meaningless till it's not" which wouldn't really be a proper answer.

I guess the statement could be interpreted either way...

« Last post by One Above All on Today at 08:53:15 AM »
You did choose to communicate in a sarcastic manner to BlackLight first OAA. Technically he/she did give an answer to your question, even if the answer wasn't to your satisfaction.

As far as I could tell, he dropped a platitude that answered nothing. My question was about what people who use this phrase mean by it NOW. To say that it means nothing until it means something is pointless, because he's not saying what people mean by it NOW.
If I told you that a radioactive element decays over time as an answer to "How much of the radioactive element is there now?", would you say I had answered your question?
« Last post by Emma286 on Today at 07:56:46 AM »
Agreeing with jaime on the elaboration BlackLight. I would also appreciate that/would find this helpful.
« Last post by Emma286 on Today at 07:53:19 AM »
You did choose to communicate in a sarcastic manner to BlackLight first OAA. Technically he/she did give an answer to your question, even if the answer wasn't to your satisfaction.
« Last post by jaimehlers on Today at 07:47:37 AM »
BlackLight - OAA is not an American and so does not have the background context that you're taking for granted.  So instead of dumping wise-sounding platitudes on him like that, you should spend some time elaborating on what you actually mean.
Chatter / Re: myth of a humane General Robert E. Lee
« Last post by Anfauglir on Today at 05:42:43 AM »
Okay, I'm out. 
« Last post by One Above All on Today at 03:10:04 AM »
Another one for the ignore list.
« Last post by BlackLight on Today at 01:49:44 AM »
It's all meaningless until it means something

Yes, thank you for that platitude. Care to (try to) answer the question in the OP?

I did. Sorry if the plain truth eludes you.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" is another one. Everyone has heard of this - but almost nobody organizes their life around it as a principle. Until an accident of history brings it into focus, and suddenly it's their North Star.
Reviews / Re: Rate the Last Film You Saw
« Last post by screwtape on Yesterday at 08:12:19 PM »
In a valley of violence
8/10
A western in the style of spaghetti western that borders on spoof.  Nothing but fun.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10