Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
No it says it is a developing human, that is a human that is developing.  It doesn't say it will later become a human. 

Perhaps you can define this.  What is an unborn human?  Is there no such thing in your mind?

It's a meaningless term (and yes, I know "unborn" has a definition in Merriam-Webster).  Please do define it if you think it is valid as you are using it.

I'm not asking Webster.  I'm asking you.  Is there no such thing as unborn human ?

What about babies that are premature.  They are still developing.  Does that mean they are not humans?

There are fetuses, embryos, zygotes.   Why do you feel the need to say "unborn human", jst?  Again, they are potentially human, just like a fertilized egg, or a egg or a sperm, but you pick and choose when to declare something a human being or not.  As I have indicated, I find a fetus to be a human if it does not require another body to keep functioning.  In a normal pregnancy, it is when labor ends up with it out of the womb.     

It is very correct that premature babies are still developing.  They would die without human intervention, and human inventions to keep them alive.  They died for many thousands of years until humans invented the way to keep them alive.  It is an issue as I've stated before, when technology keeps pushing back when a premature infant will live or die.  It's harder and harder to determine what is a fetus and what is a child.  If it is no longer in the womb, then it depends on technology to keep it alive.  Before it left the womb, it depended on the human being, the woman, to keep it alive.  If an egg and sperm are put together and fertilize and then are brought to term in an artificial womb (something I suspect we'll see in our lifetimes), when do you declare it is human or not, jst?

This still comes down to declaring a fetus more important than a woman, and to be equal in status as a human being.  Where do you draw the line?  That is a question you have yet to answer, jst, and that is no surprise.   

If one is to believe your religion, your god intentionally allowed an unknown number of children die because they were born too soon to survive, thanks to your god intentionally allowing evil to reign in the world.     

You appear to be infering more from my argument than I intend.  What line are you talking about drawing?  A legal line?  Certainly not.  Whether or not a woman can have an abortion shouldn't be determined by a line.  There is no need to place a line.  I am also not advocating a fetus having rights.  Abortion is ideally to me a private matter. 

However, I don't think it ought not be dehumanized because that completely dismisses any sort of accountability.  With rights come responsibilities.  Special cases aside, if a woman is pregnant it's because she allowed someone to make her pregnant.  That fetus isn't there because of it's own will but because of it's mother's will.  If you don't want a fetus using your body then don't make one.  Very simple solution.

We don't need laws.  We need compassion and responsibility.

Zygotes, embryos, fetuses, newborns, infants, and toddlers are all developing humans and will all die without human intervention.  Yes it's life is in it's mother's hands.  But it's still a human.

I personally have a hard time viewing it as a human in it's very early stages, but that doesn't mean it's not.  Just like the newborn phase, they are all just steps toward the development of a human adult.

Concerning your comment about God's permission of evil, if God did not allow disobedient humans to live then there would be no humans at all.  Would you prefer that alternative?   

Chatter / Re: kava
« Last post by Add Homonym on Today at 01:27:02 AM »
Ebay feedback is composed of real buyers, and you can see the history and what amount they spent.

Like ebay, you trust china sellers with less money.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/what-ive-learned-as-an-internet-drug-dealer
« Last post by eh! on Today at 12:01:24 AM »
But what I don't get is you are dealing with tech savvy criminals, they can just produce their own good reviews. Word of mouth is irrelevant on the internet. I can pay some third world org to write me thousands of great reviews and start thousands of accounts to give me likes and sub's to bump me up in a search engine and improve my eBay rating for example. If it goes to shit I just start again, and again. Its just a few minutes work to appear to be a credible whatever on the internet with great reviews.

I just don't get why anyone could hand over money like that on the internet to ????.

And still you have the problem of delivery, SRS nobody is going to risk blackmail or arrest by giving their home address or even a post box to receive illegal shit.

Maybe I am just too old to get it.

We took risks as kids scoring a bag of pot I guess but you physically knew your dealer from years of high school together and growing up in the same street.

I can't see how the internet improves on that model.

...or just drive to nimbin and score on the main street in full public view while the cops drive past ignoring everything. Like hundreds of tourists do every day of the week.

Less angst than all this scary dark internet bullshit.
« Last post by Add Homonym on Yesterday at 11:07:36 PM »
You pay with bitcoin to protect the seller. If a cop came along and bought substance P, they could see how the money went, and bust the seller.

The person buying takes a risk that the seller is not a cop, but that's done with reputation and ratings, or word of mouth. There is one bitcoin dealer that acts as escrow and protector, like paypal.

I just looked at it. Looks at browsing history....
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Darknet_marketplace_usage_guide#Main_article:_Comparison_of_darknet_markets

« Last post by eh! on Yesterday at 10:31:26 PM »
I'd like to do microdosing with shrooms but those aren't available. Time for a  trip to Amsterdam! ;)

Time for trip to darknet and bitcoin using Tor.

If you are buying stuff with bit coin using tor what do you give for a mailing address, obviously not your home??

Also how do you know anything will be sent at all, not like you can file a complaint to the police.
« Last post by eh! on Yesterday at 09:51:44 PM »
Vynvase or rot.

it's a schedule 2 drug here in the US, being an amphetamine, so it's not terribly easy to get.

I never used it, some other forums I am on most of the US members all take it like candy for everything from study to diet to physical training...to life.

It makes me wonder who in the US is not on serious narcotics.
Chatter / Re: anyone going to a march for science?
« Last post by shnozzola on Yesterday at 08:35:55 PM »

« Last post by Add Homonym on Yesterday at 08:27:12 PM »
I'd like to do microdosing with shrooms but those aren't available. Time for a  trip to Amsterdam! ;)

Time for trip to darknet and bitcoin using Tor.
Religion & Society / Re: Why aren't Christians, Christians?
« Last post by jetson on Yesterday at 07:54:30 PM »
If humanity followed this stuff, we wouldn't have religious countries curling up into little scared enclaves while continuing to preach the opposite.

What a strange outcome for the evolution of humanity. As the technology curve screams upward at unprecedented rates, the social and cultural aspects of the human condition seem to be unraveling. We seem to be headed for more violence around the globe, as the rhetoric from what were once considered crazy, insane leaders has landed in our own front yard with our current nimrod president.

And the sad part, I have a friend who sees it as the prelude to end times, according to Revelation. Imagine that. I asked if he was happy about it, but he wasn't quite prepared for such a question. He prefers to say "you were warned" in a manner of speaking, as opposed to "hooray, I'm going to heaven while the rest of humanity perishes".

I'll say this again, we might find reasons to keep violence around as a way to get what we want, but it's a practical guarantee that the majority of humans think they have the right god, and everyone else can just die, or be killed. No major religion wants peace.

No major religion wants peace. They all want dominance and adherence to their god/beliefs. No major religions is accepting of anything less than obedience and worship of their particular god.

No it says it is a developing human, that is a human that is developing.  It doesn't say it will later become a human. 

Perhaps you can define this.  What is an unborn human?  Is there no such thing in your mind?

It's a meaningless term (and yes, I know "unborn" has a definition in Merriam-Webster).  Please do define it if you think it is valid as you are using it.

I'm not asking Webster.  I'm asking you.  Is there no such thing as unborn human ?

What about babies that are premature.  They are still developing.  Does that mean they are not humans?

There are fetuses, embryos, zygotes.   Why do you feel the need to say "unborn human", jst?  Again, they are potentially human, just like a fertilized egg, or a egg or a sperm, but you pick and choose when to declare something a human being or not.  As I have indicated, I find a fetus to be a human if it does not require another body to keep functioning.  In a normal pregnancy, it is when labor ends up with it out of the womb.     

It is very correct that premature babies are still developing.  They would die without human intervention, and human inventions to keep them alive.  They died for many thousands of years until humans invented the way to keep them alive.  It is an issue as I've stated before, when technology keeps pushing back when a premature infant will live or die.  It's harder and harder to determine what is a fetus and what is a child.  If it is no longer in the womb, then it depends on technology to keep it alive.  Before it left the womb, it depended on the human being, the woman, to keep it alive.  If an egg and sperm are put together and fertilize and then are brought to term in an artificial womb (something I suspect we'll see in our lifetimes), when do you declare it is human or not, jst?

This still comes down to declaring a fetus more important than a woman, and to be equal in status as a human being.  Where do you draw the line?  That is a question you have yet to answer, jst, and that is no surprise.   

If one is to believe your religion, your god intentionally allowed an unknown number of children die because they were born too soon to survive, thanks to your god intentionally allowing evil to reign in the world.     

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10