Author Topic: Hello from Paris! [#287]  (Read 448 times)

Offline DL

Hello from Paris! [#287]
« on: August 25, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »

AHHH it' s good to look at your videos after watching all that crap about "GOD" on Utube. The Christians watching your work must go totally crazy! Poor them! They are so hopeless and close minded. No wonder why the world is going so bad.

You have a very good voice and easy to understand: you speak clearly. Thanks.
Continue like this.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Hello from Paris! [#287]
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »
Hello from the United States of Jesus!

You have no idea how nutty the responses can get to the videos.   Threats of violence and insults are used quite frequently, while many messages talk about how much the person loves us while they describe what will happen in Hell (creepy!).

Often the replies show how little the Christians know of the religion they are in, and that's just sad.

Usually, the people that come here end up being stubborn.  They will even agree to an amazing amount of nonsense just so they don't have to say they were mistaken on any level about the god they worship.

Occasionally, there are reasonable people!

If you want to take a look, here's where all the incoming mail is posted;

MailBag
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?board=4.0
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
Re: Hello from Paris! [#287]
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 09:55:21 PM »
Oh, I don't think YouTube is so bad with the Christians. It seems to me that the atheists are more predominant - though I'll admit there are some pretty crazy theists over there. Definitely take a look at the link Hermes provided and check out the stuff we get sometimes. I'm sure you'll be amazed.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote