Author Topic: answer [#273]  (Read 371 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline PostalGirl

  • Graduate
  • ****
  • Posts: 406
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Gender: Female
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
answer [#273]
« on: August 22, 2008, 06:09:35 PM »
I have also a question for you. By making this video, you are opposing God.
If God doesn't exist, why would you need to, and how can you, oppose Him?
I have all the answers to your question, if you are willing to listen. You
want use the viewers of your video to use their mind, not perhaps realizing
that your mind is a prison, and your concepts is actually what hinders you
to see things clearly.
Lastly, the reason why genuine Christians believe in God is because they
experience Him every day, not primarily because they can understand
everything, for when did ever something that is finite and limited (human
being) ever understand what is unlimited and infinite? If you have created
yourself, I would understand what you were talking about. The experience of
God takes place in the spirit of man not in the soul (mind, emotion, will).
You will never find God is the soul. He can be contacted, experienced and
enjoyed in the spirit. But what about all these questions? They can all be
answered. But it all depends on how open you are. Are you open? Because if
you want to remain in the prison of your mind, you will be veiled. But if
you want to come out, you will see!

Offline StPatrick

  • Reader
  • ******
  • Posts: 1273
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: answer [#273]
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:10:13 PM »
Please send us your answers and we'll go from there.  Sound good?
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline bgb

  • Postgraduate
  • *****
  • Posts: 862
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
Re: answer [#273]
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 06:38:25 PM »
I'm open-minded.  Lets have at it.
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline Vynn

  • Reader
  • ******
  • Posts: 2091
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • 1st an infidel, then a heretic, now an atheist!
Re: answer [#273]
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 06:43:03 PM »
I have also a question for you. By making this video, you are opposing God.
If God doesn't exist, why would you need to, and how can you, oppose Him?


If Islam is not the one true religion, why do you oppose it?

I wonder why you can't figure out the answer to this on your own.

Offline Dragnet

  • Reader
  • ******
  • Posts: 1208
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
Re: answer [#273]
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »
Can you demonstrate for a spirit?
I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.

Offline Hermes

  • Professor
  • ********
  • Posts: 9988
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: answer [#273]
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »
>> I have also a question for you. By making this video, you are opposing God.

I don't have a god, so that's not correct. 

Personally, I'm an agnostic atheist; I don't know for a fact that no gods exist, but I believe none exist.

>> If God doesn't exist, why would you need to, and how can you, oppose Him?

Well, it's your god, not mine, so I don't oppose it.  That was easy!  :-)

>> I have all the answers to your question, if you are willing to listen. You want use the viewers of your video to use their mind, not perhaps realizing that your mind is a prison, and your concepts is actually what hinders you to see things clearly.

I'm willing to listen patiently to each and every one of your answers. 

I will give thoughtful and direct comments on each of your replies -- even if it is to just I say I agree with you.

If you want to talk to someone one-on-one -- without other people barging in -- let me know and I'll arrange it for you.  I'll even talk with you myself if you'd like.

>> Lastly, the reason why genuine Christians believe in God is because they  experience Him every day, not primarily because they can understand
everything, for when did ever something that is finite and limited (human being) ever understand what is unlimited and infinite?

I'm guessing that was meant to be rhetorical.  If not, I'll give it a try.  Let me know.

>> If you have created yourself, I would understand what you were talking about. The experience of God takes place in the spirit of man not in the soul (mind, emotion, will).

Well, I've literally created much of myself with the seed provided by my parents and the rest by society.

>> You will never find God is the soul.

That's a new one.  Most Christians say the opposite.  Not saying you are wrong, just that your god isn't my god (agnostic atheists have no gods) and that other Christians (if you are one?) say different things.

>> He can be contacted, experienced and enjoyed in the spirit. But what about all these questions? They can all be answered. But it all depends on how open you are. Are you open? Because if you want to remain in the prison of your mind, you will be veiled. But if you want to come out, you will see!

I'm always open to the fact that I am wrong about some of what I currently think is true.  If you have a case for this one instance, tell me. 

I expect that you will be ethical in your discussions with me, though, and honestly answer my replies to you instead of ignoring them or twisting them as is usually the case.  Then again, maybe you are a different type of theist in this respect? 

The platform is yours.  What do you say?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer