Author Topic: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]  (Read 508 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DL

JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« on: August 21, 2008, 06:40:03 AM »
 
In response your videos. Firstly how can life make sense if we are alone in a random universe with quadrillions apon quadrillions of planets stars cells and more than we could imagine. Secondly prayer isn't commanding God to do something it is asking Him for guidence or just asking Him. When you talk about things on your videos it's funny how you say what you think, but don't really take advice from Christians the words of the bible have bigger meaning to what your can see. litterally if i could meet up with you i could talk on this subject for hours, i really would but i can't. Lastly try and learn more about the bible then you will see. Btw being a Christian means representing Jesus Christ, as He is in the very nature of God, He came to reveal the meaning of the laws and to reveal who God was in a way. In the begining Satan rejected God and went on his onw path, and we did the same thing at the garden of eden. Real sincere Christians do the opposite in which they give everything to God, they give there all, because He gave everything he loved so that he might gain our love by dying for us

Offline Hermes

  • Professor
  • ********
  • Posts: 9988
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 08:57:23 AM »
>> In response your videos.

I didn't create the videos, but I'll respond.

>> Firstly how can life make sense if we are alone in a random universe with quadrillions apon quadrillions of planets stars cells and more than we could imagine.

1. Random?  Who said random?

2. Agreed.  The universe is big.

3. Your comment implies that you 'know how life makes sense in a big universe'.  What's the answer?  How do you know it is the answer?

>> Secondly prayer isn't commanding God to do something it is asking Him for guidence or just asking Him.

I've read the Bible twice plus quite a bit of commentary on it.

That said, it's your god not mine.  I'm an agnostic atheist; I don't know for a fact no gods exist, but I believe there are none -- yours included.

>> When you talk about things on your videos it's funny how you say what you think, but don't really take advice from Christians the words of the bible have bigger meaning to what your can see. litterally if i could meet up with you i could talk on this subject for hours, i really would but i can't.

According to your Bible, that means your lack of interest will likely lead me to spend an eternity in your god's hell.  Yet, you can't bother yourself with that. 

1. Are you sure you believe what your book says? 

2. If you do, why are you so callous?

>> Lastly try and learn more about the bible then you will see. Btw being a Christian means representing Jesus Christ, as He is in the very nature of God, He came to reveal the meaning of the laws and to reveal who God was in a way. In the begining Satan rejected God and went on his onw path, and we did the same thing at the garden of eden. Real sincere Christians do the opposite in which they give everything to God, they give there all, because He gave everything he loved so that he might gain our love by dying for us

1. What is the first record of Jesus Christ? 

2. When was it created?

A real Christian would be informed enough about their religion to know about that, right?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Ambassador Pony

  • You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • *******
  • Posts: 6858
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • Gender: Male
  • illuminatus
Re: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
bm
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline velkyn

  • Laureate
  • *********
  • Posts: 15420
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Gender: Female
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »

In response your videos. Firstly how can life make sense if we are alone in a random universe with quadrillions apon quadrillions of planets stars cells and more than we could imagine. Secondly prayer isn't commanding God to do something it is asking Him for guidence or just asking Him. When you talk about things on your videos it's funny how you say what you think, but don't really take advice from Christians the words of the bible have bigger meaning to what your can see. litterally if i could meet up with you i could talk on this subject for hours, i really would but i can't. Lastly try and learn more about the bible then you will see. Btw being a Christian means representing Jesus Christ, as He is in the very nature of God, He came to reveal the meaning of the laws and to reveal who God was in a way. In the begining Satan rejected God and went on his onw path, and we did the same thing at the garden of eden. Real sincere Christians do the opposite in which they give everything to God, they give there all, because He gave everything he loved so that he might gain our love by dying for us

ah, the magic decoder ring is alive and well. 
I have yet to see a Christian really "give everything to God".  Just how many intinerant preachers has anyone seen?  Anyone? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline DL

Re: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 03:01:45 PM »
OP replies via email:

---

Did you no that we can't ourselves as human beings prove that God exists, even in science, even the at the highest point technology we could never prove His existance. Do you want to know why we can't prove His existance because He is way beyond our imagation and far more powerful than any human could ever imagine, It's not our selfish disire to get famous for our discoveries or glorify ourselves, you know it's actually in our selfishness that we then find God. In our understanding of our useless selves before God. that is when we find ourselves in the midst of Him. And the sooner we realise we don't need anything that this world offers to find God that we truly are saved, but it's only by the humilty of Jesus Christ and the fact that God would come down from the glory of God to a man, and not only that, but become obediant to death, even on a cross that we truly Know God and are saved. Because of Gods mercy, and because of what Jesus did on that cross, that meant God the father exalted Jesus above all names. If we live Holy lives and with a Christ like attitude and be obediant enough to Jesus that we would die in His name, so that we ourselves may be exalted. God bless and i'll pray that you don't just see the words you see the true meaning of them to.

Offline velkyn

  • Laureate
  • *********
  • Posts: 15420
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Gender: Female
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »
OP replies via email:

---

Did you no that we can't ourselves as human beings prove that God exists, even in science, even the at the highest point technology we could never prove His existance.

Do you want to know why we can't prove His existance because He is way beyond our imagation and far more powerful than any human could ever imagine,

It's not our selfish disire to get famous for our discoveries or glorify ourselves, you know it's actually in our selfishness that we then find God. In our understanding of our useless selves before God. that is when we find ourselves in the midst of Him. And the sooner we realise we don't need anything that this world offers to find God that we truly are saved,

but it's only by the humilty of Jesus Christ and the fact that God would come down from the glory of God to a man, and not only that, but become obediant to death, even on a cross that we truly Know God and are saved.

Because of Gods mercy, and because of what Jesus did on that cross, that meant God the father exalted Jesus above all names. If we live Holy lives and with a Christ like attitude and be obediant enough to Jesus that we would die in His name, so that we ourselves may be exalted. God bless and i'll pray that you don't just see the words you see the true meaning of them to.

Can't any Christian write coherently?  I tried to seperate it into at least what seem to be seperate thoughts. 

Christians say that they can prove God's existance constantly.  Now, you, OP, say that no one can.  Whom do we believe?

The OP then says that humans can't imagine God.  Of course, s/he goes on to say that they know that God is merciful and that they know what a "holy life" is, and that they know the "true meaning" of God's word.  This is a contradiction.

We then see the protestations of humility and piousness on how humans "need" God.  I have yet to "need" God, but God surely seems to need me, for worship, to do the things he promised to do, etc.  God did no sacrifice for "becoming" human, in that he caused the "need" for his action. In a supposedly infinite existence, a few years as a human (depends on which Christian is talking to know just how long he may have been "God") are so much?   And just why does a omni-everything being "need" people to be martyrs for it? 

Finally, you say as many Christians have, that you'll "pray that you don't just see the words you see the true meaning of them to."  Are you reminding God that he forgot to give me the "true meaning" of the Bible?  Are you commanding him to tell me?  I used to be a Christian.  I prayed to God myself to help me when I was losing my faith.  He never responded.  So, it seems that your God is happy with me as I am. Is it hubris to question that?  Or is it the easy answer, that your God doesn't exist to respond at all.   

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Hermes

  • Professor
  • ********
  • Posts: 9988
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 05:53:34 PM »
This is awkward.  Why not come down and open a forum account so that we can talk together.  So far, you've talked *at* me and have ignored my comments, while I've spent time answering your comments point-by-point.  Are you interested in talking at all, or are you dismissing what others say out of hand?

>> Did you no that we can't ourselves as human beings prove that God exists, even in science, even the at the highest point technology we could never prove His existance. Do you want to know why we can't prove His existance because He is way beyond our imagation and far more powerful than any human could ever imagine, It's not our selfish disire to get famous for our discoveries or glorify ourselves, you know it's actually in our selfishness that we then find God.

If that's the case;

1. How do you even know anything about your god?

2. Why don't other people know the same things you do?

>> In our understanding of our useless selves before God. that is when we find ourselves in the midst of Him. And the sooner we realise we don't need anything that this world offers to find God that we truly are saved, but it's only by the humilty of Jesus Christ and the fact that God would come down from the glory of God to a man, and not only that, but become obediant to death, even on a cross that we truly Know God and are saved. Because of Gods mercy, and because of what Jesus did on that cross, that meant God the father exalted Jesus above all names.

So, you don't need anything -- including the Bible or what you have been taught by others -- to know that your god exists?

>> If we live Holy lives and with a Christ like attitude and be obediant enough to Jesus that we would die in His name, so that we ourselves may be exalted. God bless and i'll pray that you don't just see the words you see the true meaning of them to.

Sorry.  It's not helping.  I'm drawing a blank.  To be honest, it seems like your thoughts are muddled and incoherent.  As if you don't know what you know either.  This is not

Here's an offer; 

If you want to talk with someone one-on-one, I'd be glad to be that person.  I'm an agnostic atheist.  What that means is that I do not know (for a fact) that your god or any god does not exist, but I believe that no gods (yours included) exist.  I fully admit I may be wrong.  You have a chance to change my mind if you wish ... and save a soul.

Do you want to save a soul?  Do you care to save a soul -- or is it too much of a bother?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Vynn

  • Reader
  • ******
  • Posts: 2091
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • 1st an infidel, then a heretic, now an atheist!
Re: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 09:00:06 PM »
Firstly how can life make sense if we are alone in a random universe with quadrillions apon quadrillions of planets stars cells and more than we could imagine.

Who said life had to "make sense"?


Quote
Real sincere Christians do the opposite in which they give everything to God, they give there all, because He gave everything he loved so that he might gain our love by dying for us

"Love me or burn eternally!"  <---- What your god says.  Is not "love" it's extortion. Please learn the difference.

Offline Airyaman

  • Fellow
  • *******
  • Posts: 4161
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Gender: Male
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
Re: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 09:07:40 PM »
Real sincere Christians do the opposite in which they give everything to God, they give there all, because He gave everything he loved so that he might gain our love by dying for us
Mar 10:17  And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
Mar 10:18  And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.
Mar 10:19  You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.'"
Mar 10:20  And he said to him, "Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth."
Mar 10:21  And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."


So you've done this?
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Onesimus

  • Postgraduate
  • *****
  • Posts: 586
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • Endlessly striving to be a happy cartoon bear.
Re: JESUS IS REAL AND ALIVE [#266]
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »
So you've done this?

It's possible.  Maybe the original poster is using free internet access in a public library.  Hey, it could happen.