Author Topic: You are Imaginary [#1780]  (Read 554 times)

Offline DL

You are Imaginary [#1780]
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:18:03 PM »

Firstly I would like to state that I am NOT a Christian or from any other religion. I have to say that your videos trying to disprove Christianity are awful. You rely only on a couple of points, namely that God doesn't help people who pray to him and that Jesus doesn't appear to people. The problem with your obvious and childish tactics are that you have a pre-constructed concept of Christianity, and you are trying to disprove the idea of Christianity that you think is real, when in fact the idea in Christianity that you attack is not ones that many Christians necessarily agree upon. Another thing, you can just blurt out the word science a 1000 times, do you believe in science, because if you do, your the idiot--Science cannot be proven anymore than Religion or more than anything can be proven, if you have ever studied even the slightest bit of philosophy you would not use science as your ultimate escape goat. Do you know anything about Empiricism or Rationalism? I challenge you to prove to me that science is real?

If you want to disprove Religion or anything else for that matter, you have to use logical deduction, you can't just say "Science says it's wrong" and "Hey dude, that makes no sense, man...whats the deal with that?" You have to support your claims with cold logic, you can't just pick out the contradictions that everyone already knows about that than just say that it makes no sense afterward. I have never seen a poorer attack on Religion than from you. You constantly say, If your a "logical" and "intelligent" person, you sound like a pretentious high school kid. The only thing you are doing is getting people TO believe in Christianity or reinforcing people who are already Christians. Either get smarter, or stop persuading people from Religion, let someone who is a more intelligent and logical person do that. Imaginary

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
Re: You are Imaginary [#1780]
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:37:39 PM »
I have a small herd of goats in the field next to me and one of them comes over in my yard all the time, in fact he can get out of his pasture even when all the other goats can't, I call him the ultimate escape goat.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:42:16 PM »
I have a small herd of goats in the field next to me and one of them comes over in my yard all the time, in fact he can get out of his pasture even when all the other goats can't, I call him the ultimate escape goat.
that goats name is jesus, right?

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:44:32 PM »

Well, he happens to be Hispanic so we nicknamed him "Chuey."
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline RaptorJesus

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Internet Cake Machine
    • The book of 4chan
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:46:41 PM »
Firstly I would like to state that I am NOT a Christian or from any other religion.
O Rly ?
I have to say that your videos trying to disprove Christianity are awful. You rely only on a couple of points, namely that God doesn't help people who pray to him and that Jesus doesn't appear to people.
it's all from the bible :) amazing how awful it is... isn't it ?
and you are trying to disprove the idea of Christianity that you think is real, when in fact the idea in Christianity that you attack is not ones that many Christians necessarily agree upon. Another thing, you can just blurt out the word science a 1000 times, do you believe in science, because if you do, your the idiot--Science cannot be proven anymore than Religion or more than anything can be proven, if you have ever studied even the slightest bit of philosophy you would not use science as your ultimate escape goat. Do you know anything about Empiricism or Rationalism? I challenge you to prove to me that science is real?
try proving it ;), let me know your findings
If you want to disprove Religion or anything else for that matter, you have to use logical deduction, you can't just say "Science says it's wrong" and "Hey dude, that makes no sense, man...whats the deal with that?" You have to support your claims with cold logic, you can't just pick out the contradictions that everyone already knows about that than just say that it makes no sense afterward.
spend some time with westboro baptist church and let me know how deluded they are ;)
I have never seen a poorer attack on Religion than from you. You constantly say, If your a "logical" and "intelligent" person, you sound like a pretentious high school kid. The only thing you are doing is getting people TO believe in Christianity or reinforcing people who are already Christians. Either get smarter, or stop persuading people from Religion, let someone who is a more intelligent and logical person do that. Imaginary
clearly you've never seen the poor attacks from religion, you should really join the forum :)
Jamie: I understanding these things [SCUBA tanks] have about a million—or actually, it's 1.3 million—pounds of explosive force. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like a lot.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:49:42 PM »

his real name is jesus, you just call him chuey.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +44/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »
Another thing, you can just blurt out the word science a 1000 times, do you believe in science, because if you do, your the idiot--Science cannot be proven anymore than Religion or more than anything can be proven, i

Well, for what it's worth I believe that science doesn't care about religion but for some reason religious individuals try to destroy science. Science is agnostic when it comes to religion and it will never be concerned with trying to disprove god(s) because god(s) can not be observed and tested. But the thing is there are so many religious individuals that completely make a mockery of what science stands for, like those who believe in a 6000 year old earth, try to disprove evolution and the big bang, and don't understand the basics of any other scientific principle that goes against their idea of a young earth. That's what my problem is with religion and science. Also, religion can not compete with science simply because god can not be proven, however there are numerous tests being conducted every day to further understand our world.

I challenge you to prove to me that science is real?

In order to even attempt this you need to focus on a specific field of science.  

If you want to disprove Religion or anything else for that matter, you have to use logical deduction, you can't just say "Science says it's wrong"

Again, it's more about the things that creationists say that makes atheists say that science says it's wrong. It's wrong to believe in a young earth, it's wrong to not believe in evolution, etc. Like I said, science has no care to try to disprove religion, but science has disproven many things that many religious individuals spout around as "facts"

I have never seen a poorer attack on Religion than from you

Then you must not have looked very hard.

The only thing you are doing is getting people TO believe in Christianity or reinforcing people who are already Christians.

How do you know this? What proof to do you have? Here is the youtube thank you list. Browse it and see all the nice replies we've gotten from people, and some of them have said that these videos have helped in their deconversion.
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=2885.0

Either get smarter, or stop persuading people from Religion

But you just said that the videos are persuading people TO religion. You just said the videos are enforcing peoples' religious convictions. Talk about a contradiction.

Whatever,

-Em
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 09:53:29 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +121/-0
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 09:51:25 PM »
Firstly I would like to state that I am NOT a Christian or from any other religion.
O Rly ?

Another thing, you can just blurt out the word science a 1000 times, do you believe in science, because if you do, your the idiot--Science cannot be proven anymore than Religion or more than anything can be proven

Edit: I applaud Emily's response to this statement. When I read Science = dumb, I can only offer this:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 09:53:24 PM by Zankuu »
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline superfly

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • go ride a bicycle
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »

it's pronounced hey-ZEUS
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
Kurt Vonnegut

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 10:19:41 PM »

it's pronounced hey-ZEUS
and the river isn't that wide were he crossed.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 10:21:29 PM »
Yet another person trampling all over science with a piece of equipment provided by science.  

Let me ask:  Do you go to the doctor, take medications, ever had an Xray or MRI, have a cell phone, hearing aid, glasses or contacts, watch television, drive a car, use toothpaste or a microwave?  Do you see where I'm going with this?  I hope so.  The only thing I can gleen from your rant about science is that you are a hypocrite.

Feel free to disgard everything science has provided to make your life easier and go live in a tent somewhere.  
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »
Oh, yeah.  Please give us an example of something religion has done to further humanity in the last, oh, 100 500 years. 

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 10:58:18 PM »
So basically what the OP is saying is something like the following:

1.) I'm smarter than you because I know a little philosophical terminology like 'rationalism' and 'empiricism' and 'logical deduction'.

2.) If you're not a philosophy buff then you are just a stupid booger face.

3.) Science is just as dumb as religion/ science is a belief.

4.) Your videos are stupid because they attempt to "dumb down" the logic to a level everyone can understand.  That's just stupid.

5.) You're stupid because you are attacking "false Christianity" and not the "true" form of Christianity.

Anything else?
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 11:23:54 PM »
2.) If you're not a philosophy buff then you are just a stupid booger face.
LMAO.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 11:35:19 PM »
Can we stop talking about the dumb ass Christian OP who claims he is not a Christian, but really is one?

I want to hear more about the goat.  I like goats. 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline Cumulo Nimbus

• E*PAK*SA
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Are You Ready for the Pon-Chak?!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 08:38:24 AM »
Can we stop talking about the dumb ass Christian OP who claims he is not a Christian, but really is one?

I want to hear more about the goat.  I like goats.  

I had a goat once...his name was Scoopy.
Me and my brother would always go outside and pet him and every time we walked back towards the house, you'd hear "Baaaaa"
It was so cute, we loved Scoopy!  He was a great goat.

Then one night, my family decided to go to the theater.  Scoopy was tied to a tree so he wouldn't run off and get himself hurt or goat-napped.  I said good-bye to Scoopy and all I heard was "Baaaaa"
We had a fun time, going to the theater and following up at a fast food restaurant for dinner, it was much fun.

We pulled into the driveway, got out of the car...but didn't hear anything.  I called out to Scoopy to tell him that we were back.
I still didn't hear anything.  I walked over to the tree and found Scoopy laying down.  I didn't think  much of it, I thought he may have been tired and fell asleep.  I got closer only to discover that his head was gone.

His body was undisturbed, no markings or signs of a struggle.  His head was just gone.
Somebody took my goats head and we never found it, no bones or skull or nothing.
Poor Scoopy...

I say this in all seriousness...this story is true.  I am not joking.
Somebody ran away with Scoopy's head in the middle of the night.

We never got another goat.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:40:02 AM by Cumulo Nimbus »

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +121/-0
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 08:47:28 AM »

That's really twisted. I'm sure some baby eating atheist needed the head to summon up Baphomet.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 11:31:53 AM »

I want to hear more about the goat.  I like goats.  

I had a goat once...his name was Scoopy.
Me and my brother would always go outside and pet him and every time we walked back towards the house, you'd hear "Baaaaa"
It was so cute, we loved Scoopy!  He was a great goat.

Then one night, my family decided to go to the theater.  Scoopy was tied to a tree so he wouldn't run off and get himself hurt or goat-napped.  I said good-bye to Scoopy and all I heard was "Baaaaa"
We had a fun time, going to the theater and following up at a fast food restaurant for dinner, it was much fun.

We pulled into the driveway, got out of the car...but didn't hear anything.  I called out to Scoopy to tell him that we were back.
I still didn't hear anything.  I walked over to the tree and found Scoopy laying down.  I didn't think  much of it, I thought he may have been tired and fell asleep.  I got closer only to discover that his head was gone.

His body was undisturbed, no markings or signs of a struggle.  His head was just gone.
Somebody took my goats head and we never found it, no bones or skull or nothing.
Poor Scoopy...

We never got another goat.

................well that certainly creeped me out Cumulo N.    How horrible for you and your brother.  Human? animal? clean decapitation? ....any idea, or worse, any suspect?

On a more benign note my mother (back in the day) made the  newspaper "did you see that" section for being noted driving three goats from our shack through the city .........back home, in her little red 60's vw.      The amount of goat shit in that little car was phenomenal.

I am about to (very late) go to bed/sleep, ..... strongly hoping not to revisit the headless goat imagery ;)

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Cumulo Nimbus

• E*PAK*SA
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Are You Ready for the Pon-Chak?!
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 01:01:24 PM »

................well that certainly creeped me out Cumulo N.    How horrible for you and your brother.  Human? animal? clean decapitation? ....any idea, or worse, any suspect?

On a more benign note my mother (back in the day) made the  newspaper "did you see that" section for being noted driving three goats from our shack through the city .........back home, in her little red 60's vw.      The amount of goat shit in that little car was phenomenal.

I am about to (very late) go to bed/sleep, ..... strongly hoping not to revisit the headless goat imagery ;)

Sorry, but all that talking about goats got me thinking of poor, poor Scoopy.
No, we never found out who or what did it.  I didn't look at him long, but it appeared to have been a clean cut.  It was night, so I couldn't tell if there was any blood on the ground, and if I remember correctly, there wasn't any on the ground in the morning.  I'm not sure if my father sprayed the lawn or not.

For a long time, I thought it was a chupacabra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra

But then I grew up.  It was probably somebody who didn't like goats...  :'(
I still wonder how they did it though.  For the short time I looked at the body, (Scoopy was a white goat, all over btw), there were no red or dark splotches on his body and he didn't appear wet.  I don't remember seeing any blood on the ground, and as before, I didn't see any scratches or bites on his body.  It was crazy.

:D Driving goats around had to be fun.  Who needs the radio when you can be singing with goats!!

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
Poor little Scoopy.  I've had many goats over the years for pets - it was difficult every time I lost one.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton