Author Topic: How WWGHA Saved My Life: Three Months Later  (Read 678 times)

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
How WWGHA Saved My Life: Three Months Later
« on: December 30, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »
Hey everybody!  It's been over three months since I last stopped by here,  and I wanted to update all of you on how things have been going.

After a long struggle of emotions between my mother, my grandmother, my former therapist, my current therapist, and me, my family has finally decided to let me drop out of Sunday school and forgo my confirmation.  On one hand, it's a shame knowing all the money I could have made selling the gifts I got at my confirmation party ;)  But on a serious note, the religious chapter of my life is over, and with that, I have a few things I want to say.

First, I want to give a huge thank you to everybody here at WWGHA.  Trust me, I've been lurking on occasion, and this site is still helping me become one with my beliefs.  I wish I could express in words how grateful I am to meet all of you, and I sincerely hope that I am welcomed back into the community much as I was welcomed in this summer.

I've been doing a lot more reading and research.  I've read Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris, and am currently tackling Richard Dawkins' The Selfish Gene.  I bought a copy of Charles Darwin's On The Origin of Species, but who knows when I'll be smart enough to read it :P

Finally, I jut wanted to let you know not to worry about the rest of my life outside of the forum.  My social life is fine, I have a great life outside of school, and even though I'm not doing that great in Honors Biology (how ironic is that?) my grades are fairly high.  I'm proud of who I am.  I'm a city boy in a suburban town on a deserted island, I love British sports and American burgers, and you bet your life I'm damn proud to be an atheist.  Being myself is in my blood now, and I hope it stays that way.

In summary, I'm glad to be back.  Expect to see a lot more of me in the near future.

-Benny

PS: I'll have a fried angel's wing and a steaming cup of conspiracy, please.  Y'know...just the way I used to have it. ;)
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Re: How WWGHA Saved My Life: Three Months Later
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 06:36:44 PM »
Great news Benny. Glad to now you made it.  Also, glad to have you back.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: How WWGHA Saved My Life: Three Months Later
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!   ..............the rational        .....................its spreading

good on ya bloke! :)
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise