Author Topic: Keep up the good fight [#1735]  (Read 689 times)

Offline DL

Keep up the good fight [#1735]
« on: August 22, 2009, 09:53:52 AM »
 Keep up the good fight against ignorance, one day the Christians will be looked uopnon as we look upon? the Greeks and Romans, believers of interesting mythology, but nothing more.

Offline Operator_A25

• Reader
  • Darwins +7/-0
Re: Keep up the good fight [#1735]
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 01:34:35 PM »
Thanks!  Join in the fight by joining the forum!
Former Global Moderator Account

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »
I certainly hope so.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline eaterjolly

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I am a theist and I'm here to dispel misconception
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 09:53:48 PM »
Keep up the good fight against ignorance, one day the Christians will be looked uopnon as we look upon? the Greeks and Romans, believers of interesting mythology, but nothing more.
Whats the point of this struggle to bash faith even if you destroy every religion you can't destroy the possiblity of a God as long as you can't answer "were does energy come from?" or "what is gravity?"
I'm back.. I've grown in faith and in dispute for the church, which cares more for itself than God!

I thirst for debate! I bet I can challenge everything thing you say about the faith! I'm only 15 so I can't be on all the time but I'll jump-on once in a while...

Do you accept my challenge?

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »
It's not about destroying the possibility of a deity or deities, it's about guiding humanity away from toxic religions that do more harm than good.  This is one of the reasons it's good for us all to talk to people, and to encourage thinking.  It's not about the belief in a higher power, it's about the people who believe in a higher power (or say they do) and use it for their own power and greed.

Offline eaterjolly

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 10:04:20 PM »
It's not about destroying the possibility of a deity or deities, it's about guiding humanity away from toxic religions that do more harm than good.  This is one of the reasons it's good for us all to talk to people, and to encourage thinking.  It's not about the belief in a higher power, it's about the people who believe in a higher power (or say they do) and use it for their own power and greed.
What makes them toxic the bible teaches nothing but good-things.
I'm back.. I've grown in faith and in dispute for the church, which cares more for itself than God!

I thirst for debate! I bet I can challenge everything thing you say about the faith! I'm only 15 so I can't be on all the time but I'll jump-on once in a while...

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +278/-36
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 10:09:52 PM »

yes. stoning people to death, murdering innocent children, ripping pregnant women open, enslaving nations
the bible is 100% ok ;)
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 10:13:45 PM »
I wasn't just talking about Christianity, but yes, as Blaziken_rjcf pointed out.  Have you not looked into your book?  If you have, then I am thinking you are only here to troll.

Offline eaterjolly

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 10:16:35 PM »

yes. stoning people to death, murdering innocent children, ripping pregnant women open, enslaving nations
the bible is 100% ok ;)
Where in the bible does it say to do those things book chapter and verse

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +278/-36
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 10:36:17 PM »

the bible is 100% ok ;)

it's here in the website. dunno book chapter and verse since my mom's bible is Portuguese
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 10:50:10 PM »

Here's a whole bunch of biblical murder and mayhem, including chapters and verses: http://tinyurl.com/5ygs2

And here's some slavery verses: http://tinyurl.com/2kzcju

God seems to relish bloodshed and human misery.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 10:53:05 PM »
Leviticus 26 Excerpt:
26:21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 26:22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.

This is the lord your God talking.  Ah, free will argument gone wrong at its finest.

Isaiah 13 Excerpt:
13:15
    Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

13:16
    Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

13:17
    Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

13:18
    Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.

Loving God has no mercy on young children.

Exodus 22 Excerpt
22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Intolerance of people who worship other gods.  Real fine and dandy.

Deuteronomy 13 Excerpt:
13:6
    If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

13:7
    Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

13:8
    Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

13:9
    But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

13:10
    And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage

Stone to death any family or friends who worship a different god.

Exodus 21 Excerpt:
21:20
    And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.

It's okay to harm your slaves as long as you don't kill them.

Edit:  Easier to read formatting
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:57:15 PM by GotMooo »

Offline eaterjolly

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 11:03:31 PM »
Leviticus 26 Excerpt:
26:21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 26:22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.

This is the lord your God talking.  Ah, free will argument gone wrong at its finest.

Isaiah 13 Excerpt:
13:15
    Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

13:16
    Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

13:17
    Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

13:18
    Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.

Loving God has no mercy on young children.

Exodus 22 Excerpt
22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Intolerance of people who worship other gods.  Real fine and dandy.

Deuteronomy 13 Excerpt:
13:6
    If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

13:7
    Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

13:8
    Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

13:9
    But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

13:10
    And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage

Stone to death any family or friends who worship a different god.

Exodus 21 Excerpt:
21:20
    And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.

It's okay to harm your slaves as long as you don't kill them.

Edit:  Easier to read formatting
Deuteronomy is the word of God exageratted by Moses God set the Law Moses set the punishment

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 12:30:28 AM »
We post a load of blatant examples of the bible's murderous nature and that is the best you can come back with? An especially poor rationalization of only one book.  How about Zephania? God talks about destroying everything, killing every one and basically making life utterly miserable for every living thing. It is raving lunacy from start to finish.

You need to stop rationalizing this stuff that you know is absolute garbage.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 12:50:13 AM »
Are you saying these books and chapters of the Bible that I pointed out are full of good, moral teachings?  You are only defending it with rationalizations that still don't make it look good.  The fact that you continue to adhere to a religion so full of garbage and nonsense is beyond my comprehension.