Author Topic: He has [#239]  (Read 444 times)

Offline DL

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
He has [#239]
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:07:22 AM »

He has healed amputees. And don't read every word of the BIBLE literally. The Bible is just the first step. After faith and belief, one must pray, pray and pray to receive the knowledge and secrets of Heaven and MY Father. Just remember...Intelligence and common sense are two different things. One can have an I.Q. of 500, but someone with no common sense is a blooming idiot. The flower of the field, the Lillie of the valley.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Re: He has [#239]
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 06:02:12 AM »
And believing in talking snakes, flying horses, walking zombies, and demons is common sense? ???
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:53:57 AM »
I didn't know the I.Q. scale went so high...
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 09:20:52 AM »
Theoretially, it seesm intelligence can go that high, but no the scale does not accomodate those sorts of numbers.

Emailer! Please join the forum and share your common sense!

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 11:58:06 AM »

He has healed amputees. And don't read every word of the BIBLE literally. The Bible is just the first step. After faith and belief, one must pray, pray and pray to receive the knowledge and secrets of Heaven and MY Father. Just remember...Intelligence and common sense are two different things. One can have an I.Q. of 500, but someone with no common sense is a blooming idiot. The flower of the field, the Lillie of the valley.

If you have wisdom, feel free to come by and share it.  Note that wilful ignorance is not the foundation of wisdom.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Generous George

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 12:14:08 PM »
I have heard also that some with an IQ of 50 also can post like a blooming idiot!  ::)  hmmmmmmm?

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 02:08:23 PM »
Okay, time to answer this seriously.

He has healed amputees

Proof please.  And don't cite that example of Jesus healing the soldier's ear.

And don't read every word of the BIBLE literally.

How are we supposed to tell what is metaphorical and what is not?  How do you know the Ten Commandments aren't metaphorical?  Prove it.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.