Author Topic: Please help me prove god is imaginary [#244]  (Read 515 times)

Offline DL

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
Please help me prove god is imaginary [#244]
« on: August 16, 2008, 02:44:51 PM »

Hello. I recently found your channel and I absolutely love it. I have been a quiet atheist for about ten years now and I'm ready to start openly denying the existence of god to help start the revolution of the human race. Your website and youtube vids have all the information I need to help my christian friends overcome their delusions. However, I'm having trouble finding information about one topic:

St. Paul's letters.

These letters record different, important, religious events and they exist today in churches and libraries. How do we completely dismiss the early church if the church has these records? It's simple enough to point out that eye-witness accounts are unreliable, but my christian friends want more, and I can't find a perfect way to refute the letters.

Could you please help me? Thank you.

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: Please help me prove god is imaginary [#244]
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
Just a sec...Paul Tobin had something...

Try this:

http://geocities.com/paulntobin/paulorigin.html
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Dragnet

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 03:49:23 PM »
Precisely where are the eye witness accounts again?
I get confused about that so easily.
I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.

Offline Vynn

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • 1st an infidel, then a heretic, now an atheist!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »
1. I think the christian church as we know it today is a result of the Pauline epistles and efforts. It's the cult of Paul.

2. I don't think that the work and writings of Paul lend any credibility to the gospels or the message of the NT. I think a diligent study of Paul's writings in light of what the NT claims overall will bear this out.