Poll

What is your religious position?

gnostic atheist - I know for certain that there are no gods.
156 (16.4%)
gnostic monotheist - I know for certain that only one specific god exists.
92 (9.7%)
gnostic polytheist - I know for certain that there is more than one god.
4 (0.4%)
gnostic pantheist - I know for certain that that everything is god.
12 (1.3%)
gnostic deist - I know for certain that there is a god that started the universe but does not actively meddle with it or us.
6 (0.6%)
agnostic atheist - I do not know for certain, but I think there are no gods.
272 (28.6%)
agnostic monotheist - I do not know for certain, but I think only one specific god exists.
20 (2.1%)
agnostic polytheist - I do not know for certain, but I think there is more than one god.
4 (0.4%)
agnostic pantheist - I do not know for certain, but I think that everything is god.
24 (2.5%)
agnostic deist - I do not know for certain, but I think there is a god that started the universe but does not actively meddle with it or us.
36 (3.8%)
ignostic atheist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that there are no gods.
86 (9%)
ignostic monotheist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that only one specific god exists.
2 (0.2%)
ignostic polytheist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that there is more than one god.
1 (0.1%)
ignostic pantheist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that that everything is god.
10 (1.1%)
ignostic deist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that there is a god that started the universe but does not actively meddle with it or us.
7 (0.7%)
apnostic atheist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess there are no gods.
36 (3.8%)
apnostic monotheist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess only one specific god exists.
1 (0.1%)
apnostic polytheist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess there is more than one god.
0 (0%)
apnostic pantheist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess that everything is god.
7 (0.7%)
apnostic deist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess there is a god that started the universe but does not actively meddle with it or us.
7 (0.7%)
Any type of henotheist - There (may be/is only) more than one god, but I think of only one specific god.
6 (0.6%)
I am a god!  [checks self in mirror and grins]
82 (8.6%)
Missionary.
30 (3.2%)
So! Many! Choices! (Karma Sutra)
50 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 615

Author Topic: What is your religious position?  (Read 63062 times)

Offline ZombieTortureDevice

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Double Tap!
Re: What is your religious position?
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2011, 08:50:01 PM »
I'm an agnostic atheist. I do not believe in a god because I have not yet been shown definitive evidence. If someone can show me ABSOLUTE definitive evidence, then we can talk...  ;)
Pretending that we live doesn't make us alive.

Offline commonsense

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
See my point?
Yes. Semantics. Either you believe that a god exists, for whatever reason (some form of theism) or you don't, for whatever reason (some form of atheism).

Either way, whether we agree or not, the "nothing" option isn't there and isn't likely to be added since Hermes no longer posts here.

Do you see my point?

I am of exactly the same opinion as Nam and can clearly explain my standpoint , hopefully you will also understand Nam's.

Atheism is the only term used in the world to describe a "non belief"  , realistically it should never be used to categorize a persons position anymore than a non belief in astrology makes you an Aastrologist , stating you are an atheist gives credibility to theism as being something tangible to be apposed too.
We do not need to label ourselves for not believing in boogie men , we simply do no share that belief with those that do and it's totally acceptable to share our opinion without having to call ourselves Aboogiemenist. , god has no more credibility to me than a boogie man .

If someone tells me they are a christian , I ask them if they are getting help for their mental condition ,I also feel obligated to explain that while I may care about them as human beings ,I am not a qualified psychologist so sharing their condition with me will be of no benefit.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #408 on: January 20, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »
See my point?
Yes. Semantics. Either you believe that a god exists, for whatever reason (some form of theism) or you don't, for whatever reason (some form of atheism).

Either way, whether we agree or not, the "nothing" option isn't there and isn't likely to be added since Hermes no longer posts here.

Do you see my point?

I am of exactly the same opinion as Nam and can clearly explain my standpoint , hopefully you will also understand Nam's.

Atheism is the only term used in the world to describe a "non belief"

I do not believe it's the "only" one but it is the most common one used.

...stating you are an atheist gives credibility to theism as being something tangible to be apposed too.

This isn't necessarily accurate, either.  From my standpoint, "atheist/atheism" is defined as holding a non-belief in something, and in this point: God/god -- which, in my opinion, implies that there's such a being not to believe in. However, the definition itself has changed slightly over the past 6 hundred or so years to be specifically about one thing, and then be about another[1].  People usually add additional definitions to a word rather than just change the definition of the word -- as one can note in almost any dictionary.

We do not need to label ourselves for not believing in boogie men

"boogie men" are actually based on real people; theives in the night, murderers, etc., like some fairy tales are actually based on something that was real at one point and just rewritten to create a fictional story.

...god has no more credibility to me than a boogie man .

Stating it this way, in which you have, implies that there's a "god".  See my point?

If someone tells me they are a christian , I ask them if they are getting help for their mental condition

I disagree with this.  There's no need for such hostilities towards people; it's like feeding fire fire.  Christians are mainly who/what they are because of "Jesus" (who may or may not have existed), rather than the deity that they hold above him or as him.

,I also feel obligated to explain that while I may care about them as human beings ,I am not a qualified psychologist so sharing their condition with me will be of no benefit.

If you cared about them, then would you not insult them by implying that they are crazy for being a Christian?

-Nam
 1. this change mainly came in the 18th century
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +470/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #409 on: January 22, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »
Out of idle curiosity, I summed the 4 categories of atheist, the 17 categories of theist and ignored the final three categories.

The result is: total vote 558, of which 382 atheists = 68% and 176 theists = 32%

As the site is predominantly American, from Wiki: 83 percent of Americans claim to belong to a religious denomination.

FWIW...
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Jim

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-1
  • Born Again Atheist
« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »
^ unfortunately, the poll allows multiple voting.  Contrarian simultaneous votes are allowed.
Survey results coming soon!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »
^ unfortunately, the poll allows multiple voting.  Contrarian simultaneous votes are allowed.

If you do not know what you are -- choose all the above.

;)

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #412 on: February 26, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
Rather than crassly use this forum as a plug for your website, you could have quoted from it to explain what you mean, like so:

Quote from: Taffy's site
"Preterism / full preterism (and even partial preterism) is the only hermeneutic that rightly divides the Word of God.  By it general doctrines of eschatology such as; the apocalypse, revelation, 666, the beast, the end times, the last days, the second coming, the rapture, covenant theology, the Parousia, the tribulation, fulfilled prophecies and the resurrection, open up clearly to the understanding and the mists of superstition and erroneous traditions are quickly dispelled."

The above is not grammatically correct, mind you.  It basically says "By its general doctrines [such as - list] open up clearly to the understanding ... (etc.)".  The latter clause has no subject.  Just what is opening up?  Are the doctrines opening up?  Is the reader opening up?  This is not specified, because of the quote's poor English.

Taffy, could you clarify?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:25:47 AM by Azdgari »
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline relativetruth

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #413 on: March 14, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »
Out of idle curiosity, I summed the 4 categories of atheist, the 17 categories of theist and ignored the final three categories.

The result is: total vote 558, of which 382 atheists = 68% and 176 theists = 32%

As the site is predominantly American, from Wiki: 83 percent of Americans claim to belong to a religious denomination.

FWIW...

If the survey is accurate I am amazed that 32% of people on this site regard themselves as theist.

If the poll could have factored in 'number of posts per voter' then maybe the stats would not be skewed by fly-by theists who just voted but did not stick around to argue their point of view.
God(s) exist and are imaginary

Offline Ambivalent

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2011, 11:32:21 PM »
I don't think my option is on here.

What's it called when someone (me) carries this very indirect thought process:

-does not believe in a Biblical God -- does not believe that whoever 'God' is had any say when the Bible was created by man
-increasingly believing that perhaps no God exists at all
-believes it's possible a God may have created the Universe, but doesn't care for it
-believe it's possible that an 'imperfect' God may exist (not 'all knowing') but may pick favourites (ie; while it's far more probable that NO God exists, if he/she does exist, it would seem they pick favourites [people dying of starvation, people living in poverty..] BUT I'd suppose only a 'God' could describe right and wrong if he/she exists?

:-\  Hah. I have no idea where my mind is going with this is.  :? I think I think far too much.

I know for certain that I'd LIKE to believe in an after life, but that's just my desire for eternity, it doesn't stop the gut feeling that maybe there's no God and if there is, he/she certainly picks favourites and allows many people to suffer while others live happily.

Offline xTigerx

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWFSMD?
« Reply #415 on: March 16, 2011, 01:29:16 AM »
Well, I selected a lot of options the last time I was here, but it's time for an update.   I'm an agnostic atheist; that is all.
God, if you're real, show yourself.  ...still waiting...

Offline grant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #416 on: March 21, 2011, 03:34:03 AM »

I know for certain that I'd LIKE to believe in an after life, but that's just my desire for eternity, it doesn't stop the gut feeling that maybe there's no God and if there is, he/she certainly picks favourites and allows many people to suffer while others live happily.

And I'd like the Rabbitohs to win this years grand final. And good old god keeps giving teams like St George and the Storm all the close calls.

Wanting is different to reality. God is no more helping St George than the Rabbitohs, whatever I or anyone else thinks or wants.
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?

Offline Ambivalent

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #417 on: March 21, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »

And I'd like the Rabbitohs to win this years grand final. And good old god keeps giving teams like St George and the Storm all the close calls.

Wanting is different to reality. God is no more helping St George than the Rabbitohs, whatever I or anyone else thinks or wants.

I can sense your unneeded sarcasm here. Obviously, you failed to read my point where I said I'd LIKE, and not made it into a fact?  :-\ :P I simply stated I would enjoy the fact, but acknowledge that it's a desire, nothing more. :)

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +470/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #418 on: March 21, 2011, 04:07:18 PM »
-does not believe in a Biblical God -- does not believe that whoever 'God' is had any say when the Bible was created by man
-believes it's possible a God may have created the Universe, but doesn't care for it
-believe it's possible that an 'imperfect' God may exist (not 'all knowing') but may pick favourites (ie; while it's far more probable that NO God exists, if he/she does exist, it would seem they pick favourites [people dying of starvation, people living in poverty..] BUT I'd suppose only a 'God' could describe right and wrong if he/she exists?
I would say that, in the absence of a direct statement denying all gods, you are agnostic. If you admit that “it's possible a God may have created the Universe, but doesn't care for it” this would make you a deist. So you are an agnostic deist. Please vote accordingly. :)
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Runic

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I came, I saw I ...
    • BryanDeakin.com
« Reply #419 on: March 21, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »
I believe in Mother Nature ... who counts her as a goddess :)

Offline grant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #420 on: March 22, 2011, 02:02:46 AM »

I can sense your unneeded sarcasm here. Obviously, you failed to read my point where I said I'd LIKE, and not made it into a fact?  :-\ :P I simply stated I would enjoy the fact, but acknowledge that it's a desire, nothing more. :)

Sorry if you thought I was being sarcastic, it wasn't my intention. I certainly got your point of "liking" the idea of, and desiring eternity. That's why the subject of my post was "wanting" as opposed to expecting or believing. I "want" the Rabbitohs to win, you "want" eternity. We both want things god isn't going to help us with.

Wanting eternity is a very godly wish, nobody mortal can supply it. You'll need a god to get it granted. This is a very serious desire - life or death. My trivial footy example in comparison was made because it is so trivial, to demonstrate we're both in the same boat - believing or hoping for gods intervention won't change the fact that neither of us, serious or trivial, are going to get supernatural intervention.

Good luck getting your desire fulfilled, I'm gonna put my faith in our forwards  :D
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?

Offline Ambivalent

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #421 on: March 22, 2011, 05:08:01 PM »
I would say that, in the absence of a direct statement denying all gods, you are agnostic. If you admit that “it's possible a God may have created the Universe, but doesn't care for it” this would make you a deist. So you are an agnostic deist. Please vote accordingly. :)

Sounds good. ;) I do consider myself agnostic.

Wanting eternity is a very godly wish, nobody mortal can supply it. You'll need a god to get it granted. This is a very serious desire - life or death. My trivial footy example in comparison was made because it is so trivial, to demonstrate we're both in the same boat - believing or hoping for gods intervention won't change the fact that neither of us, serious or trivial, are going to get supernatural intervention.

Alright, I had taken it as a sarcastic stance but if it wasn't, then there's no issue with what you had said.

I wouldn't just love for myself to be immortal, I'd love for everyone I love to be, too. ;) If I was the only one immortal, I'd desire death. xD 

Offline mango

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #422 on: March 24, 2011, 02:55:37 PM »
I am wondering about the agnostic atheism in the strong Huxley sense mentioned in the beginning. The claim a) "I know that whether God exists is unknowable" is comparably strong to the claim b) "I know that God does not exist." At least you cannot claim a) without at least making an argument how you know THAT it is impossible to know whether God exists. The weak agnostic claim c) "I don't know if God exists" does of course not require an argument. However, it is about as interesting as saying "I don't know what time it is" because it says nothing about God and only something about your own mental state - which has next to nothing to do with God's existence. That means that a strong agnostic in sense a) has to bring arguments for his position, just like a theist who says d) I know God exists.
Basically I am saying that any claim that starts either with "I know that..." or "You can't know that..." has to be substantiated, because every claim of "you can't know that..." implies 'I know that: "You can't know that..."'

Actually, the atheist claim may be a weaker claim than the agnostic claim. The Atheist only has to say "I know one valid argument why God does not exist" The Huxleyan Agnostic has to say "I know all possible arguments for and against the existence of God, and none of them work one way or the other." Seems to me that agnosticism is the stronger claim.

Fun times! Also, hi to the forum,
Mango

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #423 on: March 24, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
Welcome, mango.

Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #424 on: March 24, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »
I am wondering about the agnostic atheism in the strong Huxley sense mentioned in the beginning. The claim a) "I know that whether God exists is unknowable" is comparably strong to the claim b) "I know that God does not exist." At least you cannot claim a) without at least making an argument how you know THAT it is impossible to know whether God exists.

It is possible to show (for example in mathematics[1], formal logic[2], or quantum mechanics[3]) that some things are unknowable.  So if a god is defined as the superset of all things, knowable and unknowable, then by definition gods are unknowable in their entirety.  We might think we know something that is claimed to be a god, but we could never be certain.

Basically I am saying that any claim that starts either with "I know that..." or "You can't know that..." has to be substantiated, because every claim of "you can't know that..." implies 'I know that: "You can't know that..."'

I would agree, with the exception that making any kind of statement about the validity of logic and inductive reasoning has to be taken as valid a priori, because otherwise a meaningful conversation could not even take place.  You can't discuss things rationally with a person who doesn't believe in rationality because you have no common ground.

The Huxleyan Agnostic has to say "I know all possible arguments for and against the existence of God, and none of them work one way or the other."

No, he only has to say that of all possible gods, some of them are unknowable, because it is the unknowable one that could be the "true" god.  Agnostics always leave the door open for anyone who wants to provide proof of the truth of their assertion.
 1. ex: the Halting problem over all Turing machines
 2. the Goedel Incompleteness Theorem
 3. the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:13:26 PM by xphobe »
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline mango

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2011, 05:32:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply xphobe. Great to hear your thoughts on this.
So if a god is defined as the superset of all things, knowable and unknowable, then by definition gods are unknowable in their entirety
That is a true conditional. But then the Agnostic argument for
  3. gods are unknowable in their entirety
has to start with the premise
  1. a god is defined as the superset of all things

But then you are frontloading Pantheism or Panantheism in your argument. For example, I would contend that defining god as the "greatest possible being" would be a valid interpretation of some forms of Monotheism. But being the "greatest possible being" does not necessarily mean being a superset of "all things." (And, technically, would a "superset of all things" not also be in danger of containing that dubious set of all sets that do not contain themselves?)

Furthermore, the conclusion of the argument is somewhat trivial. Very few theists would claim that gods are knowable "in their entirety." Now, surely we can know some things of the "superset of all things," so we could know something about God, even on your definition.

I completely agree with you about reason, logic, and being able to communicate in language!

of all possible gods, some of them are unknowable, because it is the unknowable one that could be the "true" god

I agree that there are possible unknowable gods. I still don't think a strong agnostic claim of "You cannot know if God exists"? Gets any help from this. For as soon as we admit that there are possible knowable gods (or even that there possibly are possible knowable gods) we would have to admit that "It is possible to know if God exists"

I am interested to hear more on this. Right now I am still not sure how the agnostic claim is any more interesting than saying "I don't know what time it is"  though.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #426 on: March 27, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »
But then you are frontloading Pantheism or Panantheism in your argument.  For example, I would contend that defining god as the "greatest possible being" would be a valid interpretation of some forms of Monotheism. But being the "greatest possible being" does not necessarily mean being a superset of "all things." (And, technically, would a "superset of all things" not also be in danger of containing that dubious set of all sets that do not contain themselves?)
Yes it would.  Paradoxes are inherent in dealing with "omni-"anything beings.    Such paradoxes are one reason why some strong atheists feel they can make the claim that gods cannot exist.  I'm not quite there yet, but I respect their view.

Furthermore, the conclusion of the argument is somewhat trivial. Very few theists would claim that gods are knowable "in their entirety." Now, surely we can know some things of the "superset of all things," so we could know something about God, even on your definition.

Strictly speaking, it could be argued that we cannot know anything at all with 100% certainty (although such an argument could not claim to be 100% certain).  But in a practical sense, there are things we can know.  Are any of these things aspect of God?  Who knows?  Are all of them?  If you're a Pantheist they are.

But you seem to be a Monotheist.  So God to you is the greatest possible thing, which sometimes interacts with the Universe but which is somehow distinct from it.  btw I use the word Universe here to mean everything that exists.

I completely agree with you about reason, logic, and being able to communicate in language!
Good, although if you didn't agree it wouldn't make any difference.

I agree that there are possible unknowable gods. I still don't think a strong agnostic claim of "You cannot know if God exists" gets any help from this. For as soon as we admit that there are possible knowable gods (or even that there possibly are possible knowable gods) we would have to admit that "It is possible to know if God exists"

I do not admit that there are possible knowable gods.  There may be possible unknowable gods, but then ... how could we know?Furthermore, I contend that it is wrong for anyone to claim that there are knowable gods.  This is the essence of the strong agnostic claim.

I am interested to hear more on this. Right now I am still not sure how the agnostic claim is any more interesting than saying "I don't know what time it is"  though.

Agnosticism is more like saying "It is not possible to determine what time it is."   It does have more value than "I don't know what time it is", which can be remedied by looking at a clock.  And as a matter of fact, after Einstein published his work on Special Relativity, the question "what time is it" took on a whole new meaning, depending on the inertial reference frames being considered.  I don't want to get too far off-topic, but inside a singularity not only do we not know what time it is, but it is impossible for us to know.  Agnosticism again, and it is very interesting indeed.

Sorry this conversation is so drawn out.   I'm in the middle of a big project and I have to sneak in Internet time whenever I get a few minutes.

I want to finish with this thought.  Let's say a god did choose to make some of itself knowable.  How could we know how much we knew?  How could we know that what it chose to show us was true?  Mathematically speaking, if the total possible amount of knowledge about a thing is infinite (because that thing is infinite), and the amount you know is at the most X, then what you know about that thing is X/infinity, or, effectively, nothing.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline NihilNominis

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Highly Deluded
« Reply #427 on: March 29, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
Jesus Christ.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #428 on: March 29, 2011, 11:11:14 PM »
^ That's not a position, that's a name.  Well, technically, a name followed by a title.  Sort of like "Magnum P.I." only with longer hair and a less macho mustache.

Or maybe it's an exclamation, but in that case it's normally punctuated with an exclamation mark.

Offline GamerGirl

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-1
  • aka Lillium
« Reply #429 on: March 29, 2011, 11:40:05 PM »
Jesus Christ.

Pater noster, qui est in caelo...

Offline shazundies

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2011, 07:39:12 PM »
I chose missionary.  I believe I am here on a mission. 

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
^ Is it a nocturnal mission?

Offline Shamael

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #432 on: April 18, 2011, 06:15:30 AM »
I am atheist since my low age, but I am a curious person and it occupied me to find out the reality about what god is.
I find it funny to hear, "do you believe in god or do you think god exists, a question that very recently a freemasson asked to me. And my usual answer is, "tell me first what you mean by god, what is god in your point of view, and I will tell you".
So, i have spend my time to peel the scriptures like a onion and I found the evidence that god is a reality, and, it is in the same way than
1+1=3. The whole religion is a cloak, there is a part visible and a part hidden and a part somewhere in the heavens. The visible Part is the toilet cover and religion preaches it's wisdom. And, note all that in 10000 years a toilet cover will still look like ... a toilet cover.
But, read between the lines in the scriptures and you'll find out. All good things are 3, and all those that read the bools stick on one and forget the other 2 and that's why they kill each other, hate each other, destroy all around them for something horribly ridiculous, a story of the Good Ol Dumb Man in the clouds. Oh, and by the way, God is just a Camel, sitting in an Oasis in front of a waterhole and looking at the eyelet of a needle to pass trough it when the time comes that the door opens.  But, don't tell anyone  &)

Offline frofrodajimmyboy

• Graduate
  • Darwins +6/-2
  • What he said >
« Reply #433 on: April 18, 2011, 12:33:26 PM »
Gnostic Atheist about Bible God.   Agnostic about the rest.

Offline relativetruth

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #434 on: April 18, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »
This thread has correctly pin-marked status (or whatever the term is).
But ONLY because of the poll or is it something else?
Is there a way of separating the vote part of the thread from the dialogue? Especially such old dialogue.
I agree the current method of allowing any member to create threads and polls must still be maintained.

BUT this poll is so interesting should it not be part of the sign-on procedure. It is so easily done.
The debate can come afterwards.

PS..

I was thinking of PM.ing an admin but I was confused as to which admin I should approach.

PPS..

I approve of admins identifiyng themselves via there usernames.

God(s) exist and are imaginary