Author Topic: Probabilities of God's existence debate  (Read 57152 times)

Offline Tinyal

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-1
Re: Probabilities of God's existence debate
« Reply #1624 on: October 07, 2014, 09:50:07 PM »
Put whatever you want to say in your own words - you know, like typing black symbols on a white background?

Just posting video/video links is doing nothing but preaching - this is a two way forum for discussions, preaching or just video dropping is (I think) against the rules.   Certainly it's not 'discussing'.

Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1625 on: October 07, 2014, 10:18:58 PM »
Ataimoor,

No one is going to watch your videos. We want to read your words not watch a video that is most likely repetitious, and idiomatic to only one set of people.

Your words, man.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #1626 on: October 07, 2014, 10:56:20 PM »
Ataimoor, I am no longer accepting representations from mortals on the question of whether or not a particular god exists or does not exist.

I will accept only a face-to-face encounter with the god itself.  Your videos are useless to Me.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +437/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #1627 on: October 08, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »
Hi ataimoor -

No, I did not watch the videos you posted.  Protip: If you are really interested in people watching these things, you'll need to at least provide a textual synopsis, in your own words, of what you understand of the video and what you want others to get from it.

Can I recommend you visit the Introductions section of this forum and post a bit of what your views are and what you're interested in discussing around here?  May be a better jumping off point than naked Youtube links.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1628 on: October 08, 2014, 02:23:22 PM »
"Blue" has absolutley no impact on the life of a blind person.  Whether "blue" exists is totally irrelevant for a blind person. 
That is false. Talk to any blind women they will tell you how important it is to know the color of what they are wearing.

Sorry, but I don't believe that.  It doesn't matter *to them,* it matters (in your example) what others think of them.  Even if it were true, all they would understand is "they match/don't clash."

Also it is important to know the color of what they are about to eat.

why?  To determine if the food is spoiled?  There are other senses that can tell that far, far better than sight.

thank you for missing the point.
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #1629 on: October 08, 2014, 06:22:08 PM »
Don't reply to Lukvance. He's gone now. Aggravation index just dropped by a few hundred points.  :)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1630 on: October 08, 2014, 10:21:49 PM »
 I tell you what ataimoor, you watch my video I'll watch yours. But you have to watch mine first. Then we can have a discussion. Mine's an hour long but worth it; a lot of things we have been talking about recently here is in this video:

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline wiswit

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #1631 on: October 17, 2014, 04:10:13 PM »
I watched the second video that ataimoor posted. The so-called 'beautiful answer to the existence of God' goes as follows: something must have been there before the big bang, which either created itself (which he argues is 'ridiculous') or that this something was there all along (which is the 'only explanation').

He continues by saying that if it was there all along, it is infinite, never gets hungry, has intelligence, created everything we see...etc, hence, kind of like 'god'.

What I find really strange, I have heard it from many other Muslims too, is that if someone could produce a verse similar to that of the Qur'an, then it serves as proof that it is not divine. But since nobody could produce such a verse, then it must have come from god...some proof :o
Didn't humans write what Muhammad said to them to write? I do not understand its divinity or that people say that Muhammad is proof for the existence of god.

I have also heard the argument that Muhammad was known to be truthful and that that, to my surprise, is somehow a valid argument that because he said, in his case, Allah exists, then it must be true...

Edit: I forgot to say that the guy in the video also argued that there could be no right or wrong if there was no creator...which really makes me question his understanding of human ethics
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:13:43 PM by wiswit »
Kill one man, you are a murderer
Kill a million, and you are a Conqueror
Kill them all, and you are a God

~Jean Rostand (Thoughts of a Biologist, 1938)