Author Topic: Okay [#1658]  (Read 526 times)

Offline DL

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
Okay [#1658]
« on: August 01, 2009, 02:38:30 AM »

You should read the Bible yourself.Do you understand God?Do you know who is God?He is the first and the last,the alpha and the omega.God creates all thing.THE Universe for us.Only us.To discover the creation of God.Scientific laws are created by God for us to question everything at the last day.That answer is what Einstein is always looking for,''The Mind of God''.The God doesn't heal amputees.He doesn't even perform any miracle since the day that the last book of Bible was written.The words of God are in it.Who says Jesus does not leave any evidence of it miracle?When he died,after three days.He resurrected.

According to 1 Corinthians 15:5-8, Paul indicated that over 500 believers together at once saw Christ alive, of whom most were still living at the time of writing, therefore their testimony could be verified. Besides this, Paul had indicated that Peter and the twelve (included Matthias, who replaced Judas Iscariot) had seen Him, then repeats that all the Apostles had seen Him.God is love,love is God.He sees us as sinners.Since the day of the first sin 6000years ago.He forgives us and he always will.Jesus die in salvation for us.The mankind is only saved through the death of Christ.Till the last day.The ones who believe in him shall not fall.For eternity.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Okay [#1658]
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 03:15:48 AM »

You should read the Bible yourself.

Have read 10 versions of it courtesy of http://biblegateway.com (minus one I actually have on my bookshelf) and currently on the 11th version. How about you?

Do you understand God?

I'm Ignostic. First, you're going to have to give me a reasonable definition of what a "God" is before I can even establish after that if the "God" we're both would be discussing is the same one; since there are so many out there, no?

Do you know who is God?

See the above.

He is the first and the last,the alpha and the omega.God creates all thing.

Evidence?

THE Universe for us.Only us.To discover the creation of God.Scientific laws are created by God for us to question everything at the last day.That answer is what Einstein is always looking for,''The Mind of God''.The God doesn't heal amputees.He doesn't even perform any miracle since the day that the last book of Bible was written.

Evidence? And, why not? Does your deity not care anymore?

The words of God are in it.Who says Jesus does not leave any evidence of it miracle?When he died,after three days.He resurrected.

Evidence?

According to 1 Corinthians 15:5-8, Paul indicated that over 500 believers together at once saw Christ alive, of whom most were still living at the time of writing, therefore their testimony could be verified. Besides this, Paul had indicated that Peter and the twelve (included Matthias, who replaced Judas Iscariot) had seen Him, then repeats that all the Apostles had seen Him.God is love,love is God.He sees us as sinners.Since the day of the first sin 6000years ago.He forgives us and he always will.Jesus die in salvation for us.The mankind is only saved through the death of Christ.Till the last day.The ones who believe in him shall not fall.For eternity.

Can what is stated in Corinthians be corroborated anywhere else? Why is it only the Bible has this miraculous evidence but no where else is there evidence of it ever mentioned?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 04:53:03 AM »
Another concrete Christian, all mixed up and permanently set.
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 08:06:46 AM »
This needed to be spaced at every sentence.

I have and i still find it bullshit.

Do you understand God?

Do you? From what i understand is, is that your God is a sadistic, misogynist, homophobic, genocial maniac.

Do you know who is God?

Do you? From what i can tell, nobody knows who God is because there is no God.

He is the first and the last, the alpha and the omega. God creates all thing. THE Universe for us. Only us.

That you believe, but no evidence to support this.

The God doesn't heal amputees. He doesn't even perform any miracle since the day that the last book of Bible was written.

Funny, everybody says that miracles are happening everyday and now you say that it hasn't happened since the book. Wow. Now that is what i call major bullshit. Maybe it's proof that the Bible is completely and utterly bullshit.

The words of God are in it. Who says Jesus does not leave any evidence of it miracle? When he died, after three days. He resurrected.

So a book says. Why must we read a book to believe? This is ridiculous. There is no evidence for any miracles. And claiming that the book says that he is risen in three days after death is not evidence but a made up story.

According to 1 Corinthians 15:5-8,

Ah, bible verse. My favorite. *Rolls eyes*

Paul indicated that over 500 believers together at once saw Christ alive, of whom most were still living at the time of writing, therefore their testimony could be verified. Besides this, Paul had indicated that Peter and the twelve (included Matthias, who replaced Judas Iscariot) had seen Him, then repeats that all the Apostles had seen Him.

Ok.... and the evidence for that is.... what? The book? And you wondered why we make fun of you?

God is love, love is God.

Oh God is love. *Rolls eyes* Hardening the Pharoah's heart so he can sent ten plagues, drowning infants and children in the world wide flood, dashing babies happily upon rocks, making Lot's life a living hell, and so on. Wow, God is as about as loving as Hitler. Go figure.

He sees us as sinners. Since the day of the first sin 6000 years ago. He forgives us and he always will. Jesus die in salvation for us. The mankind is only saved through the death of Christ. Till the last day. The ones who believe in him shall not fall. For eternity.

Oh wow, i'm suddenly converted!

NOT!!

This is flimsy proof upon which it is only written in a contradicting, error filled, crappy book.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 08:40:54 AM »
           ............... do nematodes get haemorrhoids?

Who says Jesus does not leave any evidence of it miracle?When he died,after three days.He resurrected.
jesus wasn't resurrected, the earth rejected him.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 08:45:31 AM »

How insulting. Does the Classic Comics version count?

Do you understand God?

No. Please explain the concept to me. Please include several examples.
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 09:56:18 AM »

I have. Any you know what is interesting. I have noticed that atheists seem to understand the bible a lot more than Christians. That might just be a coincidence.

Ah, I love people who think we haven't read the bible. Like they know us personally...

Do you understand God?

Well is there is a god, which god?

Do you know who is God

He's just like the boogy man.

He is the first and the last,the alpha and the omega.God creates all thing.

Yeah, according to YOU and the bible. But that doesn't mean he is.

THE Universe for us.Only us.To discover the creation of God.Scientific laws are created by God for us to question everything at the last day.That answer is what Einstein is always looking for,''The Mind of God''.The God doesn't heal amputees.He doesn't even perform any miracle since the day that the last book of Bible was written.The words of God are in it.Who says Jesus does not leave any evidence of it miracle?When he died,after three days.He resurrected.

Way to give god all the credit. BTW: Are you talking about the theory of everything. Because when Stephen Hawking said, ""If we do discover a theory of everything...it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason—for then we would truly know the mind of God." it seems like he's using god as a metaphor. Also, Einstein didn't believe in the Christian god, or the Muslim god, but he, believes "in Spinoza's God who reveals Himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."

According to 1 Corinthians 15:5-8, Paul indicated that over 500 believers together at once saw Christ alive

NOTE THE EMPHASIS. According to. Well of course the bible is going to include a bunch of people claiming to see Christian a live. But why should I believe it?

"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »
Has anyone seen my spacebar? 

I know it's around here somewhere.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline German_Atheist

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 03:51:50 PM »

God is love,love is God.

And not to forget: God is energy, so that means god is a piece of cowl, right ?
I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. Mark Twain

Offline SnowWhite88

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 05:03:04 PM »
You should read the Bible yourself
I have, you should try it sometime as well if you haven't done so already.  It is quite illuminating. :)

The God doesn't heal amputees.He doesn't even perform any miracle since the day that the last book of Bible was written.
If I understand correctly, are you saying that God only bothered to preform miracles thousands of years ago?  That makes no sense to me whatsoever and I would be interested in why that is.

Who says Jesus does not leave any evidence of it miracle?When he died,after three days.He resurrected.
Even if this did actually happen, I am not inclined to believe witnesses that are thousands of years old.  I mean, we can't exactly ask anyone who might have been there you know.   ;) Just because the Bible says he rose from the dead doesn't prove it, just because it's written down does not for an instant prove that something is true.  That goes for anything, not just the Bible.  Do you believe everything you read just because of the fact that you read it?  I would certainly hope not!

He forgives us and he always will.Jesus die in salvation for us.The mankind is only saved through the death of Christ.Till the last day.The ones who believe in him shall not fall.For eternity.
Evidence besides what is written in the Bible?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 05:04:56 PM by SnowWhite88 »

Offline 13UnderTheGun

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 12:42:56 PM »
ALL God(s) are imaginary. They were made up from the minds of primitive men. The Bible was written by primitive desert dwelling men who had no concept of physics, biology, or any other type of science for that matter.

Many of us were just like you (OP). We HAVE read the bible, and not only have we heard all these things that you preached in your letter, but we, used to preach the same stuff ourselves.

It's all lies. Myths.

Join the forum and have a talk with us about all of this. Be rational. Think for yourself.

The more we learn about the heavens, the more we realize that Heaven is imaginary.

LOOK GOD DOES EXIST AND IF U CANT SEE THAT THEN YOUR A STUPID RETARDED IDIOT WHO IS AN ATHIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PinkMilk

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
Gotta love the theists who assume that atheists have not read the Bible. 
I can see where your coming from but on the other hand i dont want my kid to learn about evolution or see homosexualisom talked about in a scince classs ethier. <-- From Youguysarepathetic

At least I have a mother. Have you? (serious question) <---From Skylark889

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 04:26:23 PM »
Gotta love the theists who assume that atheists have not read the Bible. 

yep, gotta love 'em.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.