Author Topic: Thank you! [#1642]  (Read 548 times)

Offline DL

Thank you! [#1642]
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »

I was thinking today about my journey from christen to atheist and I remembered your video, The best optical illusion in the world! I was just searching for interesting optical illusions on line when I clicked on your video by mistake. This was the first video I had ever seen directly challenging my belief in god. I first viewed it with resistance but it managed to spiked my interest. I started to research religion and came across more videos like yours. A year later, I now call myself an atheist. I forgot all about your video until today and now that I think of it your video was the first step. As cheesy as it sounds, thank you for helping me free my mind.

Offline Dissenter

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Quid, Me Anxius Sum?
Re: Thank you! [#1642]
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:03:24 PM »
Fantastic.  Congratulations on your rationalistic re-birth.  Feel free to join up and share your experiences with us.
What is above all needed is to let the meaning choose the word, and not the other way around.

-George Orwell

Been caught making shit up again? Attend the I don't know 12 step program for help.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:07:49 PM »
Thank you letters are the best!

You should join the forum!!!!
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:08:26 PM »
Thank you letters are the best!

You should join the forum!!!!

No they're not. The angry ones telling us to go hell are the best. What you smokin'?

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 10:14:10 PM »
Congratulations on your transition to rational thought.  Trust me, it's so much better than religious delusion.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 08:45:08 AM »
I didn't make the videos, but thank you and join the forum, there are some wonderful people here that you can learn so much from.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton