Author Topic: why there is satan [#1640]  (Read 446 times)

Offline DL

why there is satan [#1640]
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:35:24 PM »

there is 2 parts to every thing light dark on off good and evil
if there was no satan then we woulld all be perffect and there would be no hell and no need for this daily struggle that you call a perfect life i am happy and the felling i get when i go to church and pray make me so happy that if it was fake then i guees ill just live a lie my entire life so will you stop trying to convert happy christians that they are wrong beacause in my heart i know that there is some one up there looking down on me and this so called ''false sense of security'' that i get every night is good enough for me you just make happy people mad so this is my opinion and no i have not given up on you and i still love you but i know that you cant sleep as easy as i can at night so if your ever in tennessee then stop by maranotha baptist curch were you can ask some of better experince these questions so thanks and bye

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: why there is satan [#1640]
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »
Who's trying to convert who to what? Did someone force you to watch the videos? Did someone force you to read the material? No. This is what Christians (and Muslims, and other religions) do to other Christians (not like their Christian) do (and other religions). The videos are just supposed to enlightening you to other possibilities. Either you open your mind to them, or you don't. Your choice. No one is forcing them onto you.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Dissenter

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Quid, Me Anxius Sum?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 08:49:53 PM »

if there was no satan then we woulld all be perffect and there would be no hell and no need for this daily struggle that you call a perfect life i am happy and the felling i get when i go to church and pray make me so happy that if it was fake then i guees ill just live a lie my entire life so will you stop trying to convert happy christians that they are wrong beacause in my heart i know that there is some one up there looking down on me and this so called ''false sense of security'' that i get every night is good enough for me you just make happy people mad so this is my opinion and no i have not given up on you and i still love you but i know that you cant sleep as easy as i can at night so if your ever in tennessee then stop by maranotha baptist curch were you can ask some of better experince these questions so thanks and bye

There is nothing wrong with a Christian wanting to live the life of a lie.  Just don't feel the need to perpetuate your lie upon everyone else.
What is above all needed is to let the meaning choose the word, and not the other way around.

-George Orwell

Been caught making shit up again? Attend the I don't know 12 step program for help.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:13:51 PM »
Thanks for taking a moment to send in a thoughtful reply.

I'd be happy to continue a conversation with you.  Please join up to the forum and we'll do so.
Tennesee is a bit out of my way, but fortunately the internet is close enough.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:20:12 PM »
...fortunately the internet is close enough.

Sometimes too close.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
So, if Satan was not here the world would be perfect and everyone happy.  What would be wrong with that.  God must like to watch pain and suffering.  What a Guy!!!
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:55:13 PM »

Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »
That's all good and well but here's the kicker to your basic statement of "No Satan = No suffering"

1.) Who/What created Hell, according to the Christian religion?

2.) Who/What created Satan, according to the Christian religion?

The answer to both questions is the "benevolent" Christian deity.  If God is benevolent why did it create a being capable of causing suffering, a place whose sole purpose is to torture and inflict suffering, and allow the suffering to continue?
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 10:29:03 PM »
You'd be at home with Zoroastrians.  Since you are a Christian, though, the question I have to you is much more direct;

Why hasn't your deity done anything about your demon? 

Is it because he is unable, is it because he is unwilling, or is it because he likes what the demon does?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:51:00 PM »
I'm an atheist and I don't believe in Satan but I sleep just fine. Why wouldn't I? It would seem to me that you are the one who should have trouble sleeping with your god letting a vicious, evil demigod like Satan control so much, not to mention all of the babies he has killed or ordered to be killed throughout history. Why don't you lose sleep over all the suffering your god causes in the world? Oh, but you are comfy in your nice warm bed with footie pajamas and a woobie. I guess you don't care about what your god does to everyone else. So you just say, "fuck them" if they won't worship your particular magic man in the sky?
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain

Offline Crocoduck

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Nothing Fails Like Prayer.
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 12:17:29 AM »

so where does Satan come into this? he isnt your god's opposite because he is a creation of your god and is his inferior.

besides, your bible says your god is going to destroy him, evil and hell in the future... if he does this then there will be no more opposites and the space time continuum will implode with catastrophic results and kill your god and destroy heaven anyways.

atheism is not a religion... it is a personal relationship with reality.
V00d00Sixxx Youtube Channel

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 12:32:32 PM »

I can see the level of literacy is really improving in Tennessee. &)
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".