Author Topic: you atheists and your "straw-man" christianity  (Read 1303 times)

Offline RaptorJesus

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Internet Cake Machine
    • The book of 4chan
Re: you atheists and your "straw-man" christianity
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »

this meme is brought to you by

see what i just did thur ?
Jamie: I understanding these things [SCUBA tanks] have about a million—or actually, it's 1.3 million—pounds of explosive force. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like a lot.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 08:12:37 PM »
Chesterton, all you've demonstrated with your version of the "atheist "Straw-man' christianity" and your assertion
I posted this because your sophistry, used throughout this website, is absolutely based on the straw-man fallacy.  You rely wholly on it.
is that you don't grasp the atheist sense of humor.  God-beliefs are really funny once you get past the idea of blasphemy.  We send-up the contradictions within all religions and the absurdly ironic disconnect between faith in biblegod and reality.  And you've blundered into thinking our reasons for disbelief are entirely the jokes we make  :?
Git mit uns

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »
What gets me is these numb nuts forget we don't become atheists for the sake of argument. They would like that to be the reason behind it, but usually overlook the fact that we simply don't buy their fairy tale BS and have no interest in praying to blank walls in vain hopes of doing something besides dying when we die. Even the superbowl winners know no matter how good their team might be that's it for the season.. half the team will likely be shipped off or traded to the highest bidder during the off season.. There really is a rhyme and reason to the word dead and of course...the end.

Don't ask about the superbowl thing..it seemed like a good idea when I first started typing it, but you know how it goes when you're tired of typing.. ;)
Imagine gaining favor with "Darwin's"...kind of like praying, huh?

http://freeclassicflix.co.cc