Author Topic: Awesome proof of why Christianity is wrong! [#1628]  (Read 3149 times)

Offline DL

Awesome proof of why Christianity is wrong! [#1628]
« on: July 23, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »

This video is an hour long, but explains exactly why Christianity is just another metaphor of the the sun and the 12 zodiac signs ( disciples ). It totally changed my life.

I don't want all these people to grow up believing that Christianity is the "right way". Please check out this video and if you like it spread it around and post it in some of your video info's : )

With Love,
[name]

Offline PeterRabbit

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Bad Bun
Re: Awesome proof of why Christianity is wrong! [#1628]
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 08:14:18 PM »
Hey, cool.

But I think I've already seen something like it in a clip from The God Who Wasn't There. Maybe not.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »
Re: Zeitgeist movie

I liked parts of that movie, but I put it in the same category as other sensationalist movies; entertainment.

The folks at The Atheist Experience have a blunt commentary with some references that you can look into that basically cover my take on the movie.

http://atheistexperience.blogspot.com/2008/12/unofficial-atheist-experience-response.html

There are plenty of things to say about theism in general, and Christianity specifically, that can be backed up with solid evidence.  Zeitgeist raises some issues that have been investigated, though I disagree with many of the details in it as well as the conclusions.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »
Hey, cool.

But I think I've already seen something like it in a clip from The God Who Wasn't There. Maybe not.

The God Who Wasn't There was a superior documentary, as well as being much much more accurate.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer