Author Topic: you guys are mad at god [#1610]  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: you guys are mad at god [#1610]
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »
I see the second one.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline PeterRabbit

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Bad Bun
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 07:27:47 PM »
That's pretty funny. :P

Offline eaterjolly

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I am a theist and I'm here to dispel misconception
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 01:47:59 AM »
you guys are mad at god because he did not answer your prayers because you did it for the wrong reason you dont ask god for a car or not? to get a divorce you pray so you can get close to god and appreciate what is th world also people cant do science test to prove prayer helps and what not because they do it for the wrong reasons. i want you to send me PROOF of us evolving from monkeys it is called the THERIOR OF EVILOUTION not the fact the therior i know i cant spell im only 12. so im 12 and im not going into you twisted lies. GOD BLESS YOU!
Well I'm 13 and I spell twice as good atleast I will fix it
you guys are mad at god because he did not answer your prayers because you did it for the wrong reason you dont ask god for a car or not, or to get a divorce you pray so you can get close to god and appreciate what is th world also people cant do science test to prove prayer helps and what not because they do it for the wrong reasons. i want you to send me PROOF of us evolving from monkeys it is called the THEORY OF EVOLUTION not the fact the theory! i know i cant spell im only 12 and im not going into you twisted lies. GOD BLESS YOU!
I'm to lazy to capitalize all that
I'm back.. I've grown in faith and in dispute for the church, which cares more for itself than God!

I thirst for debate! I bet I can challenge everything thing you say about the faith! I'm only 15 so I can't be on all the time but I'll jump-on once in a while...

Do you accept my challenge?

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 02:05:05 AM »
you guys are mad at god because he did not answer your prayers because you did it for the wrong reason you dont ask god for a car or not? to get a divorce you pray so you can get close to god and appreciate what is th world also people cant do science test to prove prayer helps and what not because they do it for the wrong reasons. i want you to send me PROOF of us evolving from monkeys it is called the THERIOR OF EVILOUTION not the fact the therior i know i cant spell im only 12. so im 12 and im not going into you twisted lies. GOD BLESS YOU!
Well I'm 13 and I spell twice as good atleast I will fix it
you guys are mad at god because he did not answer your prayers because you did it for the wrong reason you dont ask god for a car or not, or to get a divorce you pray so you can get close to god and appreciate what is th world also people cant do science test to prove prayer helps and what not because they do it for the wrong reasons. i want you to send me PROOF of us evolving from monkeys it is called the THEORY OF EVOLUTION not the fact the theory! i know i cant spell im only 12 and im not going into you twisted lies. GOD BLESS YOU!
I'm to lazy to capitalize all that
That's not the only thing you're too lazy to do.
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »
when i was 10 (english was the second language i learned) i could spell better than you
so either you're a complete and utter moron or your god drains your knowledge when you're asleep... maybe that's how he knows so much
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline purplebutter

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "Always be yourself, unless you suck." Joss Whedon
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »
You guys are mad at god.

:D Anyone reading the old testament know it says quite clearly, god is mad at people. And boy what a way to hold a grudge. Sin, hell, damnation from birth. 

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others."  Anonymous

Offline MattEV

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 12:30:28 AM »
I would very much like to see where in the Bible the author of that fine epistle has seen Jesus declare that the Old Testament Law is null and void, except for the Ten Commandments.

Chapter and verse.

Rowyn

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 12:36:27 AM »
             God only guide us in what are decisions we made.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 05:52:55 AM »
Sockpuppet?  Troll?  You decide![1]

God only guide us in what are decisions we made.

The death penalty is the ultimate, irreversible denial of human rights. By working towards the abolition of the death penalty worldwide, Amnesty International USA's Death Penalty Abolition Campaign looks to end the cycle of violence created by a system riddled with economic and racial bias and tainted by human error.

PS. The second post is also plagiarized from http://www.amnestyusa.org/death-penalty/page.do?id=1011005
 1. Well, the moderators will as well as I've reported each account to them.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Anfauglir

• Professor
  • Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 07:06:38 AM »
......i want you to send me PROOF of us evolving from monkeys it is called the THERIOR OF EVILOUTION not the fact the therior ......

There are two major errors in just this little line...

First off, a scientific Theory is not the same as a theory.  The Theory of Evolution is not the same thing as you saying "I have a theory that eating M&Ms make kites fly higher".  So you firstly don't understand what a Theory is.

And secondly, you don't understand the theory itself - not even the very basics of it.  We did not evolve from monkeys: very broadly speaking, monkeys and humans (and all other apes) evolved from a common ancestor that - whatever it was - was not a "monkey". 

You clearly have very strong opinions.  But the trouble is, you appear to have formed those opinions in complete ignorance of what the subject of those opinions actually is.  Take the time to read up on what it actually is you are objecting to (rather than what your priest says it is) - you may not necessarily agree with what you read, but you will at least know what it is you don't believe.

At the moment, you have no idea of what it is you so strongly oppose - and I find that incredibly scary.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Inactive_X

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 10:14:57 AM »
Abigail10 and Rowyn do appear to be sockpuppets.  I have banned the Rowyn account and have sent the Abigail10 account a PM about forum policies and informing them that if they wish to particpate honestly on the forums they are welcome.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »
Abigail10 and Rowyn do appear to be sockpuppets.  I have banned the Rowyn account and have sent the Abigail10 account a PM about forum policies and informing them that if they wish to particpate honestly on the forums they are welcome.

Thank you AdminX.