Author Topic: I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU MY FRIEND [#1664]  (Read 285 times)

Offline DL

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU MY FRIEND [#1664]
« on: August 01, 2009, 02:48:22 AM »
Hello.
I saw your site and to be quite honest i was shocked. I make no claims to be an
authority on all things of God and Jesus but here's my thoughts:

God did not create the world in 6 days?
There was never a world wide flood? ( by the way the Bible does not mention the word
"Mt. Everest")
Jonah did not live in the fish's stomach for 3 days?
God did not create Adam from a handful of dust?
My question to you:
How do you know God did not do all these things? Were you there when it happened? Do
you have empirical knowledge of all there is to know on this subject?
 Why are there so many starving people in the world? Well im going to take a wild
stab at this and say " Why does man ( with his college education) allow his fellow
man to starve like this?
Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible? Because God
is imaginary and the Bible was written by ridiculous, ruthless men.......That has
somehow just managed to stay around for some strange reason for thousands of years.
Boy these guys from long ago must have all been in cahoots with one another. 66
different books all written by different authors from different time periods all
must have dreamed up an "imaginary" plan to deceive the whole entire world, full
well knowing at their time that their scheme would continue up to the present day!
So if you go w/ that thinking then George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln
and all the founding fathers just decided "lets found our new country on an
imaginary God. People are dopes they wont know any better" Well stamp it on our
money,hang the 10 Commandments on our court walls... We'll even, just for laughs so
people will take us seriously, put our Presidents hand on a Bible and make him swear
an oath to an imaginary god"

Do you realize what you are saying here?
No sir i do not have all the answers as to why God allows things to happen.But in
know way is that going to stop me from believing in Jesus as Lord and savior.
Being that we are shooting all the "why" questions around let me ask you this: Why
would an all loving , all knowing, all powerful God send his only Son to die on a
cross?   
 Answer  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world
through him might be saved." These are Jesus' own words.

The Bible says "the fool has said in his heart ' There is no God" . I am  not
calling anyone a fool. This is what the Word says.I would encourage you to check
this site out because you are a smart person that w/ all of your knowledge you
should not want to leave any stone unturned.You make many absolutes in your video. I
mean you sound in your video, like you have all the answers. Why not check this site
out and prove to them that you know God did not create the world, there was no flood
.etc....http://www.answersingenesis.org

I know you wont believe me but i will pray for you. And i am not saying that smugly.
I will pray that the " things of God" would be opened to you.

Please consider very seriously Jesus' words above!!

My Name is [name] if you want to contact me.

God bless you!

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU MY FRIEND [#1664]
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 03:02:45 AM »
How do you know God did not do all these things? Were you there when it happened? Do
you have empirical knowledge of all there is to know on this subject?

Do we have to be there to look at the facts in history to see that nothing outside of the Bible states it happened? Why does only the Bible state it, and there's no mention of any of it anywhere else? You'd think some of the biggest things that the Bible states happened would've been recorded by other cultures. One would think.

Why are there so many starving people in the world? Well im going to take a wild
stab at this and say " Why does man ( with his college education) allow his fellow
man to starve like this?

Do you have a college education? I don't. I donate to the starving. Do you?

Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible? Because God is imaginary and the Bible was written by ridiculous, ruthless men.......That has somehow just managed to stay around for some strange reason for thousands of years.

So, there are no other religious scriptures out there that have been around just as long or longer? I think you need to open your eyes to Buddhism, and Jainism, and Hinduism, and Islam, and Judaism; which your religion, if Christianity, comes from.

Boy these guys from long ago must have all been in cahoots with one another. 66 different books all written by different authors from different time periods all
must have dreamed up an "imaginary" plan to deceive the whole entire world, full
well knowing at their time that their scheme would continue up to the present day!

Many of those books were most likely written by the same person, not 66 different authors. You should read up on your history better; even some Christian scholars agree on that. But all of the books were written well after-the-fact, and many of them contradict each other; they are not in-line with each other; you'd think they would be being the inerrant word of Biblegod.

So if you go w/ that thinking then George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln and all the founding fathers just decided "lets found our new country on an
imaginary God.

Um, Abraham Lincoln wasn't a founding father. And, they were all mainly Deists not Christians.

People are dopes they wont know any better" Well stamp it on our money, hang the 10 Commandments on our court walls...

Which is unconstitutional and the founding fathers would've been against that. They were for "Separation of Church and State" unlike many politicians and Christians today.

We'll even, just for laughs so people will take us seriously, put our Presidents hand on a Bible and make him swear an oath to an imaginary god"

No one is made to swear on a Bible. It's a choice. Someone was once sworn on the Qu'ran, and there have been people not sworn on anything at all.

Do you realize what you are saying here? No sir i do not have all the answers as to why God allows things to happen.But in know way is that going to stop me from believing in Jesus as Lord and savior.

Good for you.

Being that we are shooting all the "why" questions around let me ask you this: Why would an all loving , all knowing, all powerful God send his only Son to die on a
cross?

Well, if Biblegod was "all loving" Biblegod wouldn't have. Those who have actually read the Bible know that Biblegod isn't a loving deity; a jealous (Biblegod's name is Jealous if you didn't know), maniacal, murderous, vengeful, etc., deity: yes.

Answer  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world
through him might be saved." These are Jesus' own words.

Just because a book says that, does that make it true automatically? Do you have evidence that Jesus either 1. existed at all and/or 2. that Jesus said those words? No, you only have the Bible, written 30+ years after his death, as evidence that Jesus 1. existed, and 2. said those words.

The Bible says "the fool has said in his heart ' There is no God" . I am  not
calling anyone a fool. This is what the Word says.I would encourage you to check
this site out because you are a smart person that w/ all of your knowledge you
should not want to leave any stone unturned.You make many absolutes in your video. I
mean you sound in your video, like you have all the answers. Why not check this site
out and prove to them that you know God did not create the world, there was no flood
.etc....http://www.answersingenesis.org

Yeah, 'cause if a book says something about someone, it must be true. So, if I wrote a book that said all Christians are idiots -- it must be true. It says it. It's in the book I wrote. How can you show evidence that it's wrong, it says it in words in the book I wrote. Please; and you check out your own website. I care less about it. It probably has the same rhetoric as every other religious website.

I know you wont believe me but i will pray for you. And i am not saying that smugly.

Keep your prayers.

If they do, that day I will commit suicide 'cause I'd rather be in Hell then be in Heaven.

Um, no.

God bless you!

I don't.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
Re: I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU MY FRIEND [#1664]
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 04:26:01 AM »
Hello.
I saw your site and to be quite honest i was shocked.
Really? You didn’t know there were people who don’t buy into your delusional fantasy? Do you live under a rock? Christians are a large group but there are far more people in the world who don’t believe it than do believe it. It sounds to me like you need to get out more often.

I make no claims to be an authority on all things of God and Jesus but here's my thoughts:

God did not create the world in 6 days?
Did God create the world at all? Does God even exist? How do you know? Were you there? Either side can ask that question. None of us were alive more than a few decades ago. Are you seriously contending that the only way to know something is to be there and witness it personally? And speaking of witnesses, can you prove that anyone who wrote the Bible witnessed anything they wrote about? And then explain to me why the Bible is to be trusted but no other religions texts are right? Do you use your head for anything besides a hatrack?

There was never a world wide flood? ( by the way the Bible does not mention the word "Mt. Everest")
No, but it says the water covered the highest mountains. Which would those be? Have you actually read the whole Bible? I have. I have actually been studying it for my whole life. I used to be an ordained minister but eventually I got tired of trying to excuse the ignorant garbage written in there.

Jonah did not live in the fish's stomach for 3 days?
Have you ever seen that kind of thing happen before? Does it make more sense to believe in a story like this unquestioningly or to think about it and try to figure out how it could happen in the real world?

God did not create Adam from a handful of dust?
Do you believe in magic? How about unicorns or leprechauns? Can you tell the difference between a fable and a factual story? If you weren’t brainwashed by your family and culture, would you buy this load of garbage?

My question to you:
How do you know God did not do all these things? Were you there when it happened? Do you have empirical knowledge of all there is to know on this subject?
You  don’t need to know everything to be able to tell a bullshit story when you see one. The thing is, I used to believe this stuff. I had no choice because I was raised as a Christian from birth. I used to argue with atheists too. But I wasn’t happy just spouting “I believe it” when they asked questions. I wanted to show them that they were wrong. So I did a lot of research. When I tried to prove the Bible was true, I learned some very important things. The Bible is full of nonsense. It is inconsistent and it has been changed over time. If you study history and science, you’ll see that the Bible gets a lot of things wrong. And if you check out the original words as well as when they were written, you’ll see that Jesus never said most of what they claim in the Bible. He was probably a Jewish apocalyptic preacher who was saying that the Son of Man (spoken of in Daniel) was going to come and restore Israel to prominence. He was supposed to kill their enemies and create the Kingdom of God on the earth. The evidence points to the probability that his words were twisted by later writers. Honestly, there are a lot of better ways to discover the truth than reading the Bible.

Why are there so many starving people in the world? Well im going to take a wild stab at this and say " Why does man ( with his college education) allow his fellow man to starve like this?
It sounds like you think that having a college education is a bad thing. That’s one of the things I despise about the Bible. It denigrates wisdom and knowledge. It says God wants everyone to be stupid and gullible like little kids. We’re never supposed to question anything. Just think where the world would be now if everyone followed that bit of stupidity. We would all be dying of easily curable diseases because we wouldn’t have medical science or have the computers we are both using. You can’t learn anything if you have to live like an utter moron.

Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible? Because God is imaginary and the Bible was written by ridiculous, ruthless men.......That has somehow just managed to stay around for some strange reason for thousands of years.
Read a little history. And try to look at both sides of the story. There are a lot of good historical, social, political, evolutionary and psychological reasons why religions hang around and it has nothing to do with truth. Religion and ignorant superstition have been part of human culture since long before there were Jews or Christians. Religion has usually been in the hands of rulers. It has been used as a way to instill nationalistic pride so rulers could make people go to war so they could keep their power. Christianity is probably around at least partly because Constantine saw it as a useful religion for controlling the masses. As humans have evolved, we have modified our religions as we have learned more. With any luck, eventually we will no longer need the crutch of religion.

Boy these guys from long ago must have all been in cahoots with one another. 66 different books all written by different authors from different time periods all must have dreamed up an "imaginary" plan to deceive the whole entire world, full well knowing at their time that their scheme would continue up to the present day!
Don’t be so simplistic. The authors of the books of the Bible may have been sincere but they were a product of their times. I don’t think anyone is saying it was a conspiracy. It was just human ignorance and superstition that drove the writing of the books. Those people thought sacrificing animals as burnt offerings to magical, invisible beings was helpful. But they eventually figured out that doesn’t really work. There are a lot of things in the Bible that don’t work.

So if you go w/ that thinking then George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln and all the founding fathers just decided "lets found our new country on an imaginary God. People are dopes they wont know any better" Well stamp it on our money,hang the 10 Commandments on our court walls... We'll even, just for laughs so people will take us seriously, put our Presidents hand on a Bible and make him swear an oath to an imaginary god"
First of all, this is not a Christian nation. Most of the founding fathers were deists but their religion is irrelevant. By the way, Abe Lincoln was the 16th president. He wasn’t around when the country was founded. And it wasn’t founded on God. It was founded on the principle that all people were equal and should have equal rights. The word God is not mentioned. The constitution guarantees that the government will make no laws respecting any establishment of religion. It has to stay neutral in order for there to be freedom of religion. That means it cannot be and never was intended to be a Christian nation. With a few exceptions, the 10 commandments are not even especially good as a set of ideas to base laws upon. The motto “In God We Trust” wasn’t on the money until meddling Christians put it there long after the nation was founded. It is against the constitution, by the way.  People like you have been trying to take religious freedom away by making this a Christian nation for a long time and have had some success. That’s why we have such things as “Under God” in the pledge of allegiance which was inserted in 1954.

Do you realize what you are saying here?
No sir i do not have all the answers as to why God allows things to happen.But in know way is that going to stop me from believing in Jesus as Lord and savior.
Why are so many Christians so illiterate and ignorant? Is it something in the cool aid? It might help if you weren’t so against education. You can believe in whatever you like. That’s what freedom of religion is all about. We can decide not to believe in your religion too. We aren’t required to drink the cool aid. If you are happy with your religion, then go enjoy it. But don’t come here blowing smoke up our asses about how this is a nation founded on God. That’s a crock.

Being that we are shooting all the "why" questions around let me ask you this: Why would an all loving , all knowing, all powerful God send his only Son to die on a cross?   
 Answer  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." These are Jesus' own words.
Are you going to answer your own questions? Wow. Apparently you do think you know it all and don’t want to learn anything. Look, sacrificing someone for the crimes of another is immoral and disgusting. No one can take your responsibility for your own actions away from you. That’s just stupid. Personal responsibility is what morality is about. Taking that away is just wrong. It leads to stupid things like Christians who sin all week and go to Church on Sunday and get their weekly dose of forgiveness. Personally, I don’t need or want someone to be punished for me and I certainly haven’t done anything warranting crucifixion (or Hell for that matter).

The Bible says "the fool has said in his heart ' There is no God" . I am  not calling anyone a fool. This is what the Word says.
You are calling us fools and you know it. You can’t stand behind the Bible and pretend that it absolves you of being an asshole to other people. If you don’t agree with it, don’t repeat it. If you do agree with it, you’re the fool.

I would encourage you to check this site out because you are a smart person that w/ all of your knowledge you should not want to leave any stone unturned.You make many absolutes in your video. I mean you sound in your video, like you have all the answers. Why not check this site out and prove to them that you know God did not create the world, there was no flood .etc....http://www.answersingenesis.org
You really have to be joking. AIG is not a place to learn. It is a brainwashing factory. They don’t want you to know the real truth. It’s a huge load of crap. I’ve spent hours reading it and it is the full of utter nonsense and lies. You can read it if you like but you might want to rinse your brain out afterwards. I guarantee you’ll lose a few IQ points and you don’t really seem to have any to spare.

Pray all you like. It’s your time to waste. Nothing fails quite like prayer. It doesn’t matter if you’re smug or not. I don’t value the opinion of brainwash victims unless they are trying to recover.

God bless you!
Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Not interested.
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain