Author Topic: really? [#1558]  (Read 6044 times)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: really? [#1558]
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 12:55:35 AM »
http://salvoblue.homestead.com/noah.html

I remember hearing on discovery channel that if they sun-baked the bricks (which the bible says they DID), the tower of babel would have been possible.

Eden is historically accepted as an area between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers if I am remembering correctly.

My answer is yes, I believe they roughly follow historically accepted facts.

So, you believe the world is 6,000 years old? and about 2,500 BC there was a Global Flood that destoyed everything on the Earth?

yes, why?

http://www.missiontoamerica.org/genesis/millions-of-years.html
fossils aren't necessarily as old as suggested.

...............and intelligence is overrated too.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 12:58:17 AM »
do you enjoy TRYING to crush peoples face for no reason?
Face? Or faith?  I surely don't want to crush anyone's face. 
I was wondering that myself. Did this DL mean faith? No, it's the leaders of religion that crushes their own faith. All we did is side by and smirk. As for the face, i sure as hell don't wish to hurt one's pretty face. *Raises eyebrow and smirks*
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Carocrazy132

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 01:01:08 AM »
I stated earlier that i typed faith wrong.  And please watch the video instead of just insulting my religion, ignoring my post in almost every way.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2009, 01:02:35 AM »
I stated earlier that i typed faith wrong.  And please watch the video instead of just insulting my religion, ignoring my post in almost every way.

Your religion insults itself, it insults humanity, it insults our intelligence. As for your posts, none of us ignored it. It simply doesn't make any sense.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Carocrazy132

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2009, 01:03:50 AM »

Your religion insults itself, it insults humanity, it insults our intelligence. As for your posts, none of us ignored it. It simply doesn't make any sense.

did you watch the video?

Offline JesusHChrist

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2009, 01:04:43 AM »
yes, why?

Well, if there was a Global Flood around 2500 BC, how is it that the Chinese took no note of this and continued keeping records before, during and after this time period?

How is it the Egyptians took no note of this event and continued keeping records before, during and after this time period without interruption? I mean, they were right next door...

Why is there no evidence for a Global Flood? Everything should be all mixed up, yet we never see a rabbit fossil amongst dinosaur fossils.

Why are there 700,000 years of ice cores in the Antarctic?

Why are there 30,000 years of lake varves (or more) in numerous lakes around the world?

Love the Christian. Hate the delusion.

"you dick hole just go f**k your self in hell go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn iam a strong beliver in the christ and he is compbeled at you !!!!!!!! screw you baster !!!!!!!!" -- random Christian #1636

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2009, 01:12:01 AM »

did you watch the video?

No, because videos don't make good convincing evidence for anything in religion.

Offline Carocrazy132

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 02:06:44 AM »

did you watch the video?

No, because videos don't make good convincing evidence for anything in religion.

none that you watched so far have.  Please don't insult my religion if you're not going to listen to me, and yes i am letting voddie baucham speak for me in this case, i see no point in re-writing his evidence.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 02:10:28 AM »

did you watch the video?

none that you watched so far have.  Please don't insult my religion if you're not going to listen to me, and yes i am letting voddie baucham speak for me in this case, i see no point in re-writing his evidence.

Answer this Caro................

yes, why?

Well, if there was a Global Flood around 2500 BC, how is it that the Chinese took no note of this and continued keeping records before, during and after this time period?

How is it the Egyptians took no note of this event and continued keeping records before, during and after this time period without interruption? I mean, they were right next door...

Why is there no evidence for a Global Flood? Everything should be all mixed up, yet we never see a rabbit fossil amongst dinosaur fossils.

Why are there 700,000 years of ice cores in the Antarctic?

Why are there 30,000 years of lake varves (or more) in numerous lakes around the world?

..........or go away you ignorant preaching fool.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline Carocrazy132

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 02:33:01 AM »
If I can I will try to contact him and bring him here, he's much more qualified at finding these answers.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2009, 02:42:21 AM »
Caro, you're not fooling anyone. And besides, you shouldn't be so easily duped into believing what people tells you. Think for yourself and not let people do the thinking for you.

Qualified at finding answers? Surely you jest. If he could find answers, then so would we and everyone else.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2009, 07:40:48 AM »

I remember hearing on discovery channel that if they sun-baked the bricks (which the bible says they DID), the tower of babel would have been possible.

Eden is historically accepted as an area between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers if I am remembering correctly.

World wide flood; The ark, Noah, his family, the animals on it live, everyone and everything else dies?

Do you think that is supported by history and facts, or is it allegory/metaphor/...?

Don't give me a link.  Just if you have researched this, and your opinion based on that research.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2009, 07:43:13 AM »
If I can I will try to contact him and bring him here, he's much more qualified at finding these answers.

The person in your videos?

If you can, that would be good.  Let me know if he agrees so that I can watch the videos and provide some initial comments.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2009, 07:44:08 AM »

did you watch the video?

I'm really getting tired of reading that sentence on the forum.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2009, 08:50:48 AM »
do you enjoy TRYING to crush peoples face for no reason?
Face? Or faith?  I surely don't want to crush anyone's face. 

Sure that's what you say.  That's what they all say.
Look how well that worked for your fellow mild mannered Bruce Banner.  There he was happily inventing gamma ray bombs for the benefit of mankind, when boom.

Dkit: "I'm not crushing your face... You wouldn't like it if I were to be crushing your face"
"Graaaaaaaar!!"  [image of crushed face]
It wasn't me, I swear, it was my kitty. . .

"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »
Folks I just watched the Voddie videos.  I have to say they are quite entertaining and well worth watching :D

Before you do, remind yourself: "Look for what's missing!"

Lots of talk about reliable eye witnesses accounts and the bible being a coherent story - but not a single biblical contradiction addressed, and no mention of extra-biblical evidence.

Lots of talk about the difficulty of scribes conspiring to amend the many separate texts - but nothing to explain the problems created by such amendments.

Lots of talk about fulfilling prophecies about supernatural events - but nothing about the total failure to demonstrate a supernatural event anywhere anytime under controlled conditions.

Lots of talk about using "reasoning" to counter nonbelievers and "science" - but only circular reasoning used.

At least he had the decency to only say that it is "claimed" that the bible is divine in origin and not just written by humans.  Of course only biblical proof of this is offered.

Git mit uns

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2009, 09:33:57 AM »
Folks I just watched the Voddie videos.  I have to say they are quite entertaining and well worth watching :D

Before you do, remind yourself: "Look for what's missing!"

Lots of talk about reliable eye witnesses accounts and the bible being a coherent story - but not a single biblical contradiction addressed, and no mention of extra-biblical evidence.

Lots of talk about the difficulty of scribes conspiring to amend the many separate texts - but nothing to explain the problems created by such amendments.

Lots of talk about fulfilling prophecies about supernatural events - but nothing about the total failure to demonstrate a supernatural event anywhere anytime under controlled conditions.

Lots of talk about using "reasoning" to counter nonbelievers and "science" - but only circular reasoning used.

At least he had the decency to only say that it is "claimed" that the bible is divine in origin and not just written by humans.  Of course only biblical proof of this is offered.

Thanks for shouldering that burden mate. I admit I wasn't up to it today.          ....Sounds pretty much standard BS.

Offline JesusHChrist

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2009, 10:56:53 AM »

What "answer" will you have to explain why the Egyptians existed before, during and after this big ol' flood?

Use your brain man! You have been lied to and have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

It's a fairy tale. Nothing more.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:26:37 AM by JesusHChrist »

"you dick hole just go f**k your self in hell go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn iam a strong beliver in the christ and he is compbeled at you !!!!!!!! screw you baster !!!!!!!!" -- random Christian #1636

Offline Carocrazy132

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2009, 11:11:21 AM »

World wide flood; The ark, Noah, his family, the animals on it live, everyone and everything else dies?

Do you think that is supported by history and facts, or is it allegory/metaphor/...?

Don't give me a link.  Just if you have researched this, and your opinion based on that research.

everyone didn't necessarily die, boats existed in this time period, when the water started rising they may have gotten on the boats, after all the bible claims that Noah warned them repeatedly.

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2009, 11:21:15 AM »
everyone didn't necessarily die, boats existed in this time period, when the water started rising they may have gotten on the boats, after all the bible claims that Noah warned them repeatedly.

Caro  Noah's boat is not possible and if you believe such nonsense I feel sorry for you
1 a boat that size would burst its planks the second it hit a sizeable wave.
2 the methane produced by the animals would kill all on board.
3 all the species of animals that are contained on this planet could not fit in a boat that size.
4 the flood would have killed all salt water species on this planet.
5 you cant repopulate any species on this planet with just two of, its genetically impossible.
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2009, 11:22:47 AM »

So God's plan to wipe them all out in the flood failed  :?  Bugger.
Git mit uns

Offline JesusHChrist

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2009, 11:29:49 AM »

The bible specifically says god wanted all who breathed to perish. All. You are making s**t up to save a ridiculous fable.

Where did all the post-flood plants come from? The bible makes no mention of them on the Ark. Did Noah also get a Giant Sequoia to walk to and fro the West Coast of the US?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:19:01 PM by JesusHChrist »

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2009, 11:32:13 AM »

So, you believe the world is 6,000 years old? and about 2,500 BC there was a Global Flood that destoyed everything on the Earth?

yes, why?

When people say world, do they mean just the earth, or the entire universe. Also, you do know that fossil ages are only the tip of the iceberg.

Do you know how ridiculous it is to say the universe is 6000 yrs old. Take for example the Crab Nebula which is in the constellation Taurus. It is 6,000 (actually a little more) light years away. That means that the light was emitted from the nebula in 6,000 BCE.  Meaning that the light we see today is 6,000 years old.

Now look at something 2.5 million light years away. Again, the light we see is 2.5 million years old. As is the case in the Andromeda's Galaxy.

(also, if you look out your window the sunlight you see is 8 minutes old. It takes 8 minutes for the light from the Sun to reach the Earth. So it would clearly make sense that the same would hold true for more distant stars. the more distant, the longer it takes for the light to reach earth)

By measuring distant stars and galaxies (and using a series of measurement techniques) it's easy to see that universe is a hell of a lot older than 6,000 yrs old.

Also, the HUDF has taken photographs of the earliest galaxies (which formed shortly after the big bang)[1] Which are very impressive pictures, I might add.
 1. http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2004/07/text/
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline JesusHChrist

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 12:22:41 PM »

You haven't responded to my question as to how the Egyptians managed to continue to work on their entire civilization during the time of the flood. How is that possible?

Why does all of the evidence demonstrate a global flood has never occurred and couldn't occur? Is your god a trickster?

Offline RedMenace

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2009, 12:41:43 PM »

Where?  :?

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »
Even if there were other Boats, don't you think God would have struck them if he wanted them dead?

Say all you want, God did everything, he made the boat capable of withstanding waves, able to support the animals in their habitats on the boat, able to feed them and Noah's family, and regrow the plantlife after the flood. But still, it makes no sense and there is no evidence to support that claim.

Funny thing is, God is all for giving mankind freewill but will kill them if they don't do things him way. I can just picture God in the Queen of hearts clothing and screaming, "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!" "Your ways? ALL WAYS ARE MY WAY!"

Offline 13UnderTheGun

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2009, 01:53:32 PM »
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fozZld_fvE8[/youtube]
The more we learn about the heavens, the more we realize that Heaven is imaginary.

LOOK GOD DOES EXIST AND IF U CANT SEE THAT THEN YOUR A STUPID RETARDED IDIOT WHO IS AN ATHIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Carocrazy132

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2009, 03:50:19 PM »
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fozZld_fvE8[/youtube]

lol no matter how sacrilegious that is it's still funny.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2009, 05:17:29 PM »
lets imagine that you CAN repopulate the earth with just two of every animal and that they DID all fit
how did noah fill the earth with HUMANS then?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.