Author Topic: re: video about God and amputees [#2708]  (Read 1670 times)

Offline DL

re: video about God and amputees [#2708]
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:20:58 PM »

Unfortunately, education is not the answer. While none of us knows all the answers, if one carefully researches, you would see that in the past, even the late 20th century, there have been documented cases of God providing limbs for such people (miracles). Doubtless, fundamentalists have covered up much of the documentation, because they do not wish to believe all of God's love. These miracles have probably occurred more in other nations, where faith is stronger, due to their uneducated, yet believing minds, and tender hearts.

For one example, a man who was a dear friend, now no longer on earth, had told me that while he was a overseas minister, he knew of cases like this. He would not lie to me. There were some in USA. Yes, it is a real issue to discuss. The concern lies within posting this where so many people can see it.We do not see it now, admitally, but will, and mainly due to our USA nature of intellectualism, doubt, etc.

Thank you for your time, and asking good questions.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: re: video about God and amputees [#2708]
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 08:43:43 PM »
Wow.  Evidence or it didn't happen.  Sorry, but special pleading about hearsay cases doesn't cut it around here.  If you have a well documented case of God healing an amputee, than bring it.  If not, then don't bother because you will be ignored.  By the way, God is imaginary.

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 09:42:13 PM »
NO He is lying to you.  It can't happen. Never did never will.
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »

Unfortunately, education is not the answer.

LOLWUT!? Education is so the answer!

While none of us knows all the answers, if one carefully researches,

By doing your research, you’re actually educating yourself. See? It is so the answer and you just contradicted yourself.

you would see that in the past, even the late 20th century, there have been documented cases of God providing limbs for such people (miracles).

If that were true, then this site wouldn’t exist and we all would have known that! You failed.

Doubtless, fundamentalists have covered up much of the documentation, because they do not wish to believe all of God's love.

Can you verify any proof? Why would someone do that? If I’ve had evidence of people’s limbs growing back, I would show it to the world and that’s coming from an ATHEIST!

These miracles have probably occurred more in other nations, where faith is stronger, due to their uneducated, yet believing minds, and tender hearts.

LOLWUT!? So for people to have their limbs grow, they’re supposed to be retarded? That makes no sense!

Smart person: Dear God, please heal my arm.
God: Hell no, you’re too intelligent.
Dumb person: Dear God, please heal my arm.
God: You’re dumber than shit, so I will heal your arm!

For one example, a man who was a dear friend, now no longer on earth, had told me that while he was a overseas minister, he knew of cases like this. He would not lie to me. There were some in USA. Yes, it is a real issue to discuss. The concern lies within posting this where so many people can see it.We do not see it now, admitally, but will, and mainly due to our USA nature of intellectualism, doubt, etc.

Nice fictional story, now provide evidence please, not some stories you cooked up.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline desmodia

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »

These miracles have probably occurred more in other nations, where faith is stronger, due to their uneducated, yet believing minds, and tender hearts.

This sounds a lot like the kind of crap that Southern slaveowners used to say about their slaves.
"Ak..Ak..AK AK!" from the Martian emperor's speech to Congress, Mars Attacks

Offline JesusHChrist

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:22:36 PM »

Unfortunately, education is not the answer. While none of us knows all the answers, if one carefully researches, you would see that in the past, even the late 20th century, there have been documented cases of God providing limbs for such people (miracles). Doubtless, fundamentalists have covered up much of the documentation, because they do not wish to believe all of God's love. These miracles have probably occurred more in other nations, where faith is stronger, due to their uneducated, yet believing minds, and tender hearts.

The credulity of religious fools knows no bounds.
Love the Christian. Hate the delusion.

"you dick hole just go f**k your self in hell go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn iam a strong beliver in the christ and he is compbeled at you !!!!!!!! screw you baster !!!!!!!!" -- random Christian #1636

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »

Unfortunately, education is not the answer.

You are living proof that it most certainly is.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »

Unfortunately, education is not the answer. While none of us knows all the answers, if one carefully researches, you would see that in the past, even the late 20th century, there have been documented cases of God providing limbs for such people (miracles).

Evidence?

Doubtless, fundamentalists have covered up much of the documentation, because they do not wish to believe all of God's love. These miracles have probably occurred more in other nations, where faith is stronger, due to their uneducated, yet believing minds, and tender hearts.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I've read in awhile.

For one example, a man who was a dear friend, now no longer on earth, had told me that while he was a overseas minister, he knew of cases like this. He would not lie to me.

Why not? You know when someone wouldn't do something towards you? Are you a mind-reader?

There were some in USA. Yes, it is a real issue to discuss. The concern lies within posting this where so many people can see it.We do not see it now, admitally, but will, and mainly due to our USA nature of intellectualism, doubt, etc.

No evidence, not real.

In which you have no rational answers for. It's understandable.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Odin

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-3
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 12:44:46 PM »

How about in other nations which lack audio and video recording equipment?  Hasn't happened, can't happen, and won't happen.  Search your own heart and you will know I am telling the truth.

Odin, King of the Gods

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +113/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 11:58:22 PM »
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »
there have been documented cases of God providing limbs for such people (miracles).

Citation needed.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline JesusHChrist

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 10:53:31 PM »
there have been documented cases of God providing limbs for such people (miracles).

Citation needed.

Don't hold your breath. Another liar for Jesus.
Love the Christian. Hate the delusion.

"you dick hole just go f**k your self in hell go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn iam a strong beliver in the christ and he is compbeled at you !!!!!!!! screw you baster !!!!!!!!" -- random Christian #1636

Offline JonClement

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 11:55:02 AM »

HO HO HO HO! Oh, yes, he WOULD!

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 01:18:47 PM »
Thank you for using proper grammar. Can you ask some of your co-believers to post here? I find these kind of posts both very depressing and infinitely entertaining at the same time.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »
We've heard claims of healed amputees before, but for some reason none of them are documented.

Well, there is the part in the bible where Peter cuts off soeones ear and jc puts it back on. Christians of course consider this documentation.

Since I don't believe any of the other religious claims in the bible, I've no reason to believe this one either.

If christians are so insulated from the concept of "facts" that they have no idea what one is, how do they know anything ever happened anywhere? I, for one, don't know. This faith things appears to ruin all of their interactions with reality.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.