Author Topic: KUDOS [#2406]  (Read 844 times)

Offline DL

KUDOS [#2406]
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »

Brilliant. The world is forever in debt to you for your efforts. Unfortunately, most of it's not aware of it (YET)! Thanks for making others aware.
You are cooler than the other side of the pillow!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: KUDOS [#2406]
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:33:13 PM »
what a lovely simile/metaphor!  I'm not the owner of the videos or website but please join us here on the forums. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline eaterjolly

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I am a theist and I'm here to dispel misconception
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 09:42:59 PM »
what a lovely simile/metaphor!  I'm not the owner of the videos or website but please join us here on the forums. 
it's a metaphor not a similie
I'm back.. I've grown in faith and in dispute for the church, which cares more for itself than God!

I thirst for debate! I bet I can challenge everything thing you say about the faith! I'm only 15 so I can't be on all the time but I'll jump-on once in a while...

Do you accept my challenge?

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 10:39:37 PM »
Correct.
             In order for it to be a simile it needs to use like or as in the comparison.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Carocrazy

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 03:30:34 PM »
... It's just a comparison, it's neither a simile nor a metaphor.
Religion is so easy to disprove you need not even look into the reasons it's wrong, the reason it claims it's RIGHT is enough.

Offline catlady

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 07:30:46 AM »
Brilliant. The world is forever in debt to you for your efforts. Unfortunately, most of it's not aware of it (YET)! Thanks for making others aware.
You are cooler than the other side of the pillow!
Hello Mr. or Ms. emailer;
I'd not heard that pillow expression before, it's an interesting way to put it. I agree, the site's owner deserves kudos- his website,  the videos, and forum are making a difference as far as awareness.  This is the sort of "Mailbag" email that is great to read; Please do  join the forum.
Devout believers are safeguarded in a high degree against the risks of certain neurotic illnesses; their acceptance of the universal neurosis spares them the task of constructing a personal one.
-Sigmund Freud

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 08:48:25 AM »
Correct.
             In order for it to be a simile it needs to use like or as in the comparison.

It is, in fact, a simile.   A simile doesn't have to literally use only the word "like" or "as" - sometimes it can use another comparative word.

http://www.virtualsalt.com/rhetoric4.htm#Simile

A metaphor asserts that in a sense thing A is thing B.  "Love is a rose"
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Carocrazy

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
You are correct, my apologies.
Religion is so easy to disprove you need not even look into the reasons it's wrong, the reason it claims it's RIGHT is enough.