Author Topic: Karma and Caste [#1554]  (Read 434 times)

Offline DL

Karma and Caste [#1554]
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »

Dear Why Won’t God Heal Amputees,

Thank you. You’re great! Here are my last questions. The above You Tube links show
Hinduism with oppression of the Untouchables and Hindu rat worship. Why do Hindus
worship mindless rats and cows while oppressing thinking people whose only sin was
to be lowly born?
Regards,
[name]

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Re: Karma and Caste [#1554]
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »
Excellent question.  
Maybe the low Caste people should just become atheist - then they could get jobs as rat exterminators and eat Beef Vindaloo  :D
That's a win-win-win-win solution.

BTW the first video is for the most part brilliant - it just trips over into a sloppy steamy cow dung heap when it says that Jesus Christ is the solution.  The second video goes to the alternative god solution too quickly to hold my interest.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:54:29 AM by William »
Git mit uns

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »

Dear Why Won’t God Heal Amputees,

Thank you. You’re great! Here are my last questions. The above You Tube links show
Hinduism with oppression of the Untouchables and Hindu rat worship. Why do Hindus
worship mindless rats and cows while oppressing thinking people whose only sin was
to be lowly born?
Regards,
[name]

because religion makes you do stupid things.  I have found that religion is only good for making one segment of society feel that they are special snowflakes.  It's a heady thought, that some magical being loves you and cares for you, but doesnt' so much the "other" person.  With karma which requires reincarnation to "explain" why people are suffering, it's just one more way to say "I'm better than you". 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +887/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 12:50:54 PM »
Not only am I better than you, but you can't do jack sh!t about it. See ya next life.   :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.