Author Topic: hi [#1556]  (Read 265 times)

Offline DL

hi [#1556]
« on: July 10, 2009, 01:24:10 AM »

God loves you

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNqBa6L5gUU[/youtube]

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: hi [#1556]
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 03:35:46 AM »
What you got hi and thought you'd post?

God doesn't love me, god doesn't love you, god is an invention to get you to stop thinking.   Seems to have worked.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:44:33 AM »
Which god?

I'm not going to watch the video. 
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
Sorry, I don't wish to waste 10" and 24' of my day.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 09:44:28 AM »
God loves you.

I don't care.  What I care is what you and other Christians do about your fellow Christians who do bad actions in the name of your religion.  For example, this guy;

fuk yu stupid ass piece off s**t dumb ass jew

Yet, not to keep it to hate filled individuals, my main concerns are the support for larger Christian organizations that widely and actively promote ignorance, bigotry, harm, and death through emphasis on using dogmas as a guide to reality.  I don't think it would be too hard for you to think of examples for some of these categories, and if you worked at it a little your list should cover all of them.

Till Christians do something that is effective to deal with the bad actions of other Christians, I'm not impressed with what you say about your deity.  It obviously isn't doing society as a whole any good to believe in it;

Study; More Faithful Nations Are Less Moral
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=2076

Study; More Faithful Nations Are Less Moral
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCeK2EcE_qI[/youtube]

Title: Cross-National Correlations of Quantifiable Societal Health
with Popular Religiosity and Secularism in the Prosperous Democracies
Source: Journal of Religion and Society
Author: Gregory S. Paul
Link: http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Partial excerpt;

[18] In general, higher rates of belief in and worship of a creator correlate with higher rates of homicide, juvenile and early adult mortality, STD infection rates, teen pregnancy, and abortion in the prosperous democracies (Figures 1-9). The most theistic prosperous democracy, the U.S., is exceptional, but not in the manner Franklin predicted. The United States is almost always the most dysfunctional of the developed democracies, sometimes spectacularly so, and almost always scores poorly. The view of the U.S. as a “shining city on the hill” to the rest of the world is falsified when it comes to basic measures of societal health. Youth suicide is an exception to the general trend because there is not a significant relationship between it and religious or secular factors. No democracy is known to have combined strong religiosity and popular denial of evolution with high rates of societal health. Higher rates of non-theism and acceptance of human evolution usually correlate with lower rates of dysfunction, and the least theistic nations are usually the least dysfunctional. None of the strongly secularized, pro-evolution democracies is experiencing high levels of measurable dysfunction. In some cases the highly religious U.S. is an outlier in terms of societal dysfunction from less theistic but otherwise socially comparable secular developed democracies. In other cases, the correlations are strongly graded, sometimes outstandingly so.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 10:34:22 AM »
I'm not going to watch the videos. All I know if is god loves me he's going to take it up with my fiance...

BTW: If god loves me (or the rest of his creation) he has done a horrible job showing it.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline JesusHChrist

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 10:40:06 AM »
God loves you

And Santa Claus loves you. You do like presents don't you?
Love the Christian. Hate the delusion.

"you dick hole just go f**k your self in hell go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn iam a strong beliver in the christ and he is compbeled at you !!!!!!!! screw you baster !!!!!!!!" -- random Christian #1636