Author Topic: Your site is important [#1550]  (Read 468 times)

Offline DL

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
Re: Your site is important [#1550]
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 11:56:49 PM »
???

"In God We Trust" and "Under God" we all added to their respective places in American culture in the 1950's

I'd like to comment that letters to the editor are people's opinions, and really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. (they are all someone's opinions)[1]

Also out founding fathers did not found this country on christian (or any other) religious beliefs. They founded it on religious freedom (so if you believe or don't believe is out of the question)

Freedom of religion means being able to chose your religion (and if you don't believe in any religion, they you have that right too)
 1. Does the majority of Americans really want to see atheist's kicked out of America. I want a source for this.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 12:08:11 AM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:07:11 AM »
Classic news clipping, I almost forgot about that!  I wonder if Alice keeps getting hate mail?

[ reposted here for folks who haven't seen it yet. ]

Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »
I'm sure she'd zealously light the witches pyre.

Maybe god belief is a dna code, it certainly doesn't require thought, compassion, decency, 'humanity'.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise