Author Topic: Please talk about Karma! [#1544]  (Read 344 times)

Offline DL

Please talk about Karma! [#1544]
« on: July 06, 2009, 05:51:08 AM »
Dear Godhatesamputees,
You made a terrific article on the injustice on predestination. Please make an article on the injustice of Karma. When I asked Hinduism Today on the Karma of the people who died in the 2004 tsunami, the editor claimed their deaths were auspicious! Shocking!
Regards,
[name]

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
Re: Please talk about Karma! [#1544]
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »
I am not the creator of the videos/articles/website, but I don't think he'll get into karma. Hinduism isn't a major player here in the States, so I don't see karma being high on the debunk list. Perhaps he'll surprise me, though.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »
Dear Godhatesamputees,
You made a terrific article on the injustice on predestination. Please make an article on the injustice of Karma. When I asked Hinduism Today on the Karma of the people who died in the 2004 tsunami, the editor claimed their deaths were auspicious! Shocking!
Regards,
[name]

auspicious?  evidently not for the poor people who died.   Karma seems to claim that people get what they "deserve".  What a bunch of crap.  Do kids deserve to die of starvation for no better reason than adults in their society allow megalomaniacs in power constantly?  Seems like karma must go wtih reincarnation to give an excuse on why someone "deserved" something, by that unprovable nonsense about a prior "life".

Good to know that all religions can be idiotic. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Typos are intentional, honest.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 05:08:53 PM »
Karma is potentially a very grim concept, but it really depends on how respond to those they see as having bad karma. If you subscribe to the idea that everyone is getting what they deserve, well why bother helping someone who is having a terrible life? There is logic in the basic cause and effect idea, but it becomes totally barmy when you believe that there is actually a cosmic mechanism keeping score for us.
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"
Popeye (the sailor man)