Author Topic: Natural Amputee Has Answers to your most profound questions [#1526]  (Read 730 times)

Offline DL

I have wondered about the question represented by the name of your web site.

Today I found an amputee that can answer that question.  His name is Nick.

Here are some snippets of his interview on CBN.

You can go to the main media site http://www.cbn.com/media/ and find his
full story.  That would be a wonderful story to put up on your site.  Have a
great day!

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
Re: Natural Amputee Has Answers to your most profound questions [#1526]
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:59:03 PM »
Thanks for the message OP. Nick seems like a very sweet person who is not letting being an amputee stop him from making an impact on other peoples' lives. At moments I did tear up a little bit, and I did 5* the videos.

Thanks for not giving us some BS line about how god has actually healed someone by making their limbs grow back.

For the users on this forum that don't watch the videos, I will give you a summary.

It's about a guy who was born without any legs or arms, and he was depressed about this, and he tried to kill himself, but 'God' healed him emotionally, not physically. I guess now he's a motivational speaker. (speaking about Christian topics of course, but still, at least he has inner peace with himself and his disability)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:01:53 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 09:11:10 PM »
I saw a part of that also.  You have to feel for the kid but if there was a God you would also have to ask why He would do something like this to a person.  We all have to adapt to our own life situation.  His crutch is God and if that works for him fine.  If he had a choice I bet he would select to be whole.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 12:33:08 AM »
Way to entirely ignore the point of the question, OP.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 01:58:49 AM »
Way to entirely ignore the point of the question, OP.

Ironically, that's probably the only thing that they actually read, and do not read on or watch on...

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 07:25:41 AM »
You completely missed the point of the question.  Had you read a few more sentences, you would have realized that the question, "Why won't God heal amputees?" is asking why God never answers an unambiguous miracle.

When God answers prayers, it is always things like:
-My cancer went into remission (often w/ the help of modern medicine)!
-My hacking cough went away!
-I no longer have pain in the toe I stubbed!
-Look at this Cheeto.  It looks just like Jesus!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:27:36 AM by Cycle4Fun »
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 12:22:41 PM »
I've seen miracle healing claimed for everything from herpes to foot fungus, not a single one being an abstract,"God healed me emotionally.. so that I could deal.." etc. but a full blown 100% magical healing in direct relationship to a divine request.

So, assuming the claim is true, why can't god deliver the same to a single solitary amputee?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 01:37:04 PM »
why indeed would God bother to heal someone he caused to be an amputee?  I mean really, Christian, think for a minute here.  Oh, hmmm, maybe you think God made all amputees.  Then he's a sadistic evil being that has idiot masochistic sycophants worshipping it. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline inveni0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-1
    • iMAGINARY god
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 09:27:15 PM »
why indeed would God bother to heal someone he caused to be an amputee?  I mean really, Christian, think for a minute here.  Oh, hmmm, maybe you think God made all amputees.  Then he's a sadistic evil being that has idiot masochistic sycophants worshipping it. 

That's funny.  I like how you blame everything on God like that.  Like he's some big puppet master.  That's funny.
http://www.imaginarygod.com

My book designed to ease kids into healthy skepticism is available for pre-order. http://www.peterskeeter.com

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 10:08:06 PM »

That's funny.  I like how you blame everything on God like that.  Like he's some big puppet master.  That's funny.

He is.  But only to those that have faith.

.................and while he loves the "comes with strings attached"  sort of belief, he much prefers the hand up the arse puppetry (just for the sense of "nearer my god to thee").
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Cumulo Nimbus

• E*PAK*SA
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Are You Ready for the Pon-Chak?!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 07:16:58 AM »
-Look at this Cheeto.  It looks just like Jesus!

We prefer to call him "Cheesus".

Images are not mine, provided by google

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 12:51:19 PM »

The bible claims God is responsible for good and evil.  It can be interpreted that all actions are controlled by God and has been by those who believe in predestination (see Romans 9, I beleive).  It seems that your spag version of "God" is not a puppetmaster to you, but indeed, how is one to know that your version is the "right" one? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Crocoduck

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Nothing Fails Like Prayer.
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 12:58:57 PM »
what is a natural amputee?

someone who had something amputated by natural forces (brown recluse bite maybe? gangrene?)

or

someone born with a deformity?
atheism is not a religion... it is a personal relationship with reality.
V00d00Sixxx Youtube Channel

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »
When God answers prayers, it is always things like:
-My cancer went into remission (often w/ the help of modern medicine)!
-My hacking cough went away!
-I no longer have pain in the toe I stubbed!
-Look at this Cheeto.  It looks just like Jesus!

God answers the same prayers as my milk jug. I prefer the milk jug because I can prove its existence, so tonight I shall pray to my milk jug so that we may win the lottery, but he probably won't do it, for me it might be too selfish of a request, but for somebody else the Milk jug might grant it.

On a serious note and related to the OP. For dealing with difficult things in life and inspiring yourself, God can be there and I'd say it's healthy to live without believe in God, but if somebody uses that belief as blanket for something traumatising, then I hold nothing against their belief.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.