Author Topic: Watch your own heart attack. This could save your life.  (Read 734 times)

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
Watch your own heart attack. This could save your life.
« on: August 11, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »
http://www.2minutes.org.uk/

They're are showing this on TV over here.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Luthekar

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Free of emotional baggage contrived from religion.
Re: Watch your own heart attack. This could save your life.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »
lol. Pretty good vid. I like how he demonstrates "chest pains."
You believe in a book that has sticks turning into snakes, and you say we are the ones that need help?
When you understand why you dismiss all other Gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
It is better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however reassuring.

Offline Red McWilliams

• Illuminati
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 03:07:30 PM »
Very good.  I love how they showed they guy blowing chunks.

The best part though, is when he says you might be embarrased to call an ambulance if it's not a heart attack, but it would be worse if it is and you don't call.  Very good advice.  A friend of mine's grandfather died for that very reason.  The heart attack didn't kill him that night, but his heart function was so impaired that he died a week later.  He said he didn't want to "bother" anyone and didn't think the chest pain and tightness in his left arm and jaw wasn't that big a deal.

Fellas, if it comes to dying, toss your ego.
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 11:24:07 PM »
Same thing happened to my dad.  One week later he dropped dead golfing.  He was 48.
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline spider

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • ATT ambassador
    • Atheist Think Tank
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »
That's a good video.

He's right, I think, that ambos would rather turn up to a false alarm than a dead body.  Particularly one covered in its own vomit that they have to do mouth-to-mouth on. 

Besides, I'm always happen to answer the phone to discover I have to transfer them to another department... lol...