Poll

Why wouldn't one with questions about the Bible ask a Godly person instead of posing the questions to those with the same questions?

Don't Ask
1 (100%)
Don't Ask
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: June 15, 2010, 06:48:55 AM

Author Topic: All Questions On This Site Have Biblical Answers. Know The Truth!  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Typos are intentional, honest.
Re: All Questions On This Site Have Biblical Answers. Know The Truth!
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 05:23:07 AM »
They are invisible because they are spirit beings. Spirits have no material body and that is explained in God's word. I have actually been spoken to by spirits aloud. I have watched as they made objects move about and disappear and then reappear elsewhere.

How do you know that the Bible is God's word? It's just one of many hundreds of religious books in the world. If you're going to use God's word as evidence, you need to establish that God's word is actually God's word. If you can't do that then what you have is a circular argument. Astreja question is a good one. Using common sense, which of these is more likely when someone claims to be hearing supernatural voices or seeing objects moving on their own.

1) Supernatural cause, such as God or spirits.
2) It's all in their head.

When answering, you don't have to specifically answer for your experience, but imagine I made the same claim as you did. Which of the above options would seem more probable?

You really should stop and have a look at how you're quoting. It's very confusing. Here's an example of how to quote. Note there shouldn't be a space after the [ character, but I had to do this in order to make the code visible in the post:

[ quote]I think that pizza is great[ /quote]

I disagree.

"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"
Popeye (the sailor man)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-9
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 05:37:56 AM »
Every question on this site has an easy and true answer.  I will gladly supply the correct answers to all questions on this site and you may be unhappy to find that it supports the truth of GOD instead of providing fuel for doubt.
If you like, I will post every single correct answer on this site and you will be left without any doubt that God is real, alive forever and forgiving. Let me know if you really want the truth. ASK AWAY![/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

undersized 

could be a prayer for a bigger head (to fit the ego)
could be a prayer for a bigger dick (although we know god doesn't cure amputees)
couldn't be a prayer to be a bigger dickhead           .................that would take a real miracle.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 07:08:35 AM »
stevenswld,

This thread is very hard to follow because you aren't using the quoting system correctly.

Use quotes like this:

Code: [Select]
[quote]This is what another person says[/quote]
This is what you say, without quotes.

Understand?

Now please go back and clean up your posts so the members can read them the way you intended.

Thanks.

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 07:17:25 AM »
Every question on this site has an easy and true answer. Sometimes people ask questions but don't want answers. They simply want to keep the question alive for reasons of their own. Some ask questions as a way to attempt to trick a person. Some like to ask a question in a group environment thinking it has no answer and therefore will have an effect on the group members. The Pharisees did this constantly in an attempt to cast doubt. I will gladly supply the correct answers to all questions on this site and you may be unhappy to find that it supports the truth of GOD instead of providing fuel for doubt. Those with an open heart and mind will welcome the truth and those who have an agenda of falsehoods will do as you would expect of them.

If you actually hope that GOD doesn't exist, you will have your own self defense reasons for that. If you hope he does, you need him. If you wonder if he exists, you need to read the true answers to all this sites questions and then seek him. If you like, I will post every single correct answer on this site and you will be left without any doubt that God is real, alive forever and forgiving. Let me know if you really want the truth. ASK AWAY!
As a former minister, I'm pretty sure I already know what all of the answers are. It took me many years but I now know them to be personal interpretations, rationalizations, equivocations, lies and mistakes. Many of the questions simply have no good answer. My prayerful search for answers as a trained theologian eventually resulted in my understanding that the Bible is nothing more than the work of superstitious people of a less sophisticated time. They didn't have profound answers. They had simply built up a mythology that made them feel good.

Yes, I was ordained. I began life as a firm believer. I was born into a family of believers and was taught to believe. And I certainly did believe. The "truth" was inculcated in me from birth. I had no doubts that God exists and Jesus was our savior. I had been "saved" and "born again" as a preteen. I was baptised and attended church, bible study and youth group regularly. When I was fifteen my minister (during a call to repentance) also indicated that some would be called by God to the ministry if they had strong faith. I had a very strong emotional response to this suggestion and later told the minister I felt that I was called to serve God as a minister. So I did eventually become and ordained minister.  But that was the beginning of the end. I seriously studied the Bible and just about anything else of a "spiritual" nature. The more I studied, the more questions I had. The deeper I went, the more I saw what a sham it all is.

I am guessing that these "simple" answers you intend to give have all been given before. You need not wait for people here to ask questions if you think you have the answers. Just go ahead. But first you should do as others have suggested. Look through the site and see if your answers have already been given. Then look at the responses those "answers' received. If you can also answer the objections, you might get somewhere. But you have to remember that they have to be true and verifiable answers. They are not true just because you say they are true. They are not true just because the Bible says them.
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 07:25:56 AM »
I think his "poll" showed that from the start. Even more hilarious that no one has participated in the "poll".

I couldn't figure out what the poll was asking.  That said, here's how I read it (and I expect I'm not alone);

Why wouldn't one with questions about the Bible ask a Godly person

That's loaded with strange assumptions.  One, that most people have curious unanswered questions, and two that we can't find by ourselves and won't ask if we do have questions.

It's why I recommended that Stevenswld review what others have actually discussed using the forum search button.  I've seen no indication Stevenswld has done that or is interested in that.

instead of posing the questions to those with the same questions?

I can't parse the second part.

Ask
Don't Ask

The two options don't fit with the question being asked.  I would have to either re-ask his question to make them fit the provided answers, or choose an answer based on an assumption that "ask" and "don't ask" mean different things like "yes" or "no" / "I have asked" or "I will not ask" (plus additional missing options).

Needlessly confusing.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 07:31:54 AM »
Needlessly confusing.
That's the answer to religion as a whole.

Offline Luke22:50-51

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »
Steven, even when made simple, they won't understand.... really, I advise using your time elsewhere:

Secular Noble Prize Winner went to test Luke as a historian and found that he couldn't punch any holes:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/1904/ramsay-bio.html
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Sir_William_M_Ramsay_attempt_to_disprove_the_Bible_when_he_was_a_young_archaeologist&src=ansTT

He particularly targeted Luke as a historian

Luke says: 22:50-51
 50And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. (hint, amputated his ear)

51But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him. (hint, it was healed)

(hint: when combining hints, God is healing an amputee) (hint: if you don't get the combining of hints, nothing else can be done for you... you will have made your free will choice and will have to live by it, now and forever)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A doctor claims Jesus, who is God in the flesh, healed an amputee....  not only did God heal the amputee, but did so personally for an enemy... yet, on this site all you will get is guys that won't do homework at all or will ask someone else to do their homework for them... they won't do it... I saw this when I posted last by Ambassador Pony who is also on this thread, specifically asked someone else to check the material out for him... you are correct Steven, that most don't have open hearts... and most don't see the what is written exactly in the Bible happening since 1900... like that Israel would become a nation again in one day (May 14,1948 after many years of non-existence and also accurately predicted directions in order in how Israel would be filled again).... because they fail to take the Bible in full context and take things out of context between the Jews and Gentiles... I suppose that they don't connect the dots of the table of nations in Genesis 12 with other parts of the Bible... and sadly, most pastors have no idea how to connect Revelation to the OT where it explains vividly most of it... keep your eye on Israel and Iran... we may see Ezekial 38 and 39 in our lifetime... they make no connections between what Jesus did in the temple to how most of these guys are being hosed by the Money Changers (Central Bankers) of today to form the one world government and economy transforming in front of their nose... why, because they only read the Bible in bits and pieces and not as though there is a scarlet thread beginning to end...  question to this site is answered... God personally healed an amputee... thank you and goodnight!

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +64/-0
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 09:59:49 PM »
Hey Luke, welcome back. Here is another thread that's going on. It's about Luke as an eyewitness. Perhaps you could contribute.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=7133.0
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »
Luke22:50-51, I'm a fan of arrogance, as I can see are you.  May I recommend that you know what you are talking about before posting something, and do so with the proper air?  It's much more effective that way.  (And especially less embarrassing when you don't tattoo your ignorance in the form of a user name.)
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +74/-7
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 10:28:19 PM »
Steven, even when made simple, they won't understand.... really, I advise using your time elsewhere

IOW, find a forum where the deluded hang out.

I've been struggling with racism lately. I recently came to the realization that I tend to dislike people with fake orange skin and stubby fingers.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +288/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 11:40:45 PM »
May I recommend that you know what you are talking about before posting something, and do so with the proper air? 

I commend Hermes for his restraint in posting this information and not wanting to make someone look foolish, but I would like to see this pointed out. 

Luke, you posted the following information:

Secular Noble Prize Winner went to test Luke as a historian and found that he couldn't punch any holes:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/1904/ramsay-bio.html
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Sir_William_M_Ramsay_attempt_to_disprove_the_Bible_when_he_was_a_young_archaeologist&src=ansTT

I took a look at the links and discovered something interesting.  While the first link is directly to a nicely done Nobel prize page, the second link is just a quick Q&A regarding the man himself.  So I did a little more digging, because I like to take the time to read them and find out for myself if there is merit to what you say.  But I think what Hermes was warning you about is the following information I gathered: 

"Sir William Mitchell Ramsay (March 15, 1851, Glasgow –April 20, 1939) was a Scottish archaeologist and New Testament scholar. He was the first Professor of Classical Archaeology at Oxford University and pioneered the study of antiquity in what is today western Turkey. 

Ramsay was born in Glasgow, Scotland, the youngest son of a third-generation lawyer, Thomas Ramsay and his wife Jane Mitchell.

He traveled widely in Asia Minor and rapidly became the recognized authority on all matters relating to the districts associated with St Paul's missionary journeys and on Christianity in the early Roman Empire."

Source of the quoted piece... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Mitchell_Ramsay

In all fairness, I found 2 other cites that listed him as a British archeologist, not a Scottish one, and TONS of theistic sites that claimed he was a staunch atheist.  After looking through 5 pages of links regarding this man, all of them were Christian sites claiming he was an atheist.  I couldn't find any unbiased sites to claim he was a theist or an atheist, but I did find one skeptics site that said his atheism was "questionable".  In light of that, I think it's difficult to claim either way with regard to his religion.  I will gladly accept he was an atheist if a neutral site can confirm his beliefs.  But until someone can find a purely historical site that confirms his stance, I don't think we can judge him fully atheist or theist. 

No Nobel prize though. So I kept looking for this elusive Nobel prize and it got more interesting....

"Sir William Ramsay, KCB  (2 October 1852 – 23 July 1916) was a Scottish chemist who discovered the noble gases and received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1904 "in recognition of his services in the discovery of the inert gaseous elements in air" (along with Lord Rayleigh who received the Nobel Prize in Physics that same year for the discovery of argon)."

Ramsay was born in Glasgow, the son of William Ramsay, C.E. and Catherine, née Robertson.  He was a nephew of the geologist Sir Andrew Ramsay."

Source of the quoted piece... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ramsay

Note the birthdays of the 2 DIFFERENT men.  One is Sir William Ramsay, the other, Sir William Mitchell Ramsay.  One a Nobel prize winning chemist, the other, a Brittish or Scottish (conflicting reports on the sites I went to) archeologist who may or may not have been a theist. 

You posted links to 2 different men and tried to pass them off as the same guy.  How could you possibly lose any more credibility? 

Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline LonestarGrandad

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Not afraid of dying, afraid of not living.
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 11:42:43 PM »
Hey Steven,

I am still waiting for my Biblical Answer.  I really want to know the truth.  Why haven't you read my story and explained to me why God hates me so much?  Isn't my personal experience as important as theological discourse?  http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=7021.0
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."  Soren Kierkegaard

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +472/-40
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2009, 12:38:32 AM »
...<snipped research>...

You posted links to 2 different men and tried to pass them off as the same guy.  How could you possibly lose any more credibility? 

This is a priceless fail.  Is it dishonesty, or plain stupidity?  I usually like to give Christians the benefit of the doubt and go with intentional dishonesty, rather than drooling stupidity.  I'm often disappointed.
I always say what I mean. But sometimes I'm a sarcastic prick whose tone can't be properly communicated via text.

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2009, 01:03:21 AM »
A doctor claims Jesus, who is God in the flesh, healed an amputee....  not only did God heal the amputee, but did so personally for an enemy... yet, on this site all you will get is guys that won't do homework at all or will ask someone else to do their homework for them... they won't do it... I saw this when I posted last by Ambassador Pony who is also on this thread, specifically asked someone else to check the material out for him... you are correct Steven, that most don't have open hearts... and most don't see the what is written exactly in the Bible happening since 1900... like that Israel would become a nation again in one day (May 14,1948 after many years of non-existence and also accurately predicted directions in order in how Israel would be filled again).... because they fail to take the Bible in full context and take things out of context between the Jews and Gentiles... I suppose that they don't connect the dots of the table of nations in Genesis 12 with other parts of the Bible... and sadly, most pastors have no idea how to connect Revelation to the OT where it explains vividly most of it... keep your eye on Israel and Iran... we may see Ezekial 38 and 39 in our lifetime... they make no connections between what Jesus did in the temple to how most of these guys are being hosed by the Money Changers (Central Bankers) of today to form the one world government and economy transforming in front of their nose... why, because they only read the Bible in bits and pieces and not as though there is a scarlet thread beginning to end...  question to this site is answered... God personally healed an amputee... thank you and goodnight!
Since your bogus links were already exposed, I won't get into that fiasco. But this load of rubbish needs to be addressed. The book of Luke is just another anonymously written story coming more than a generation after the supposed events. It was written in another country in another language. There is no reasonable way to make a connection between it and any eyewitness. Luke clearly draws from a bunch of sources like Mark and others rather than writing anything he personally knew. Most of the stories, if not all, are taken from oral traditions that grow more mythic and legendary as the years go by. There is no way to verify that Luke was a doctor or knew any apostle or ever had any source material by any one of them. All of the apostles were most likely illiterate Galilean peasants anyway.

There is not only no "scarlet thread" running through the Bible, it is more inconsistent than just about any other religion's texts. The only connections from the Old Testament to the New Testament are the ones that were intentionally placed their in an attempt to lend it credibility. The attempts to match Jesus to Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53 should be embarrassing to Christians since neither of those OT passages had anything to do with Jesus. One was from David and the other was about Israel, the nation, personified which is a consistent literary device in the OT.

Trying to match up vague passages in the Bible with current events are no more true than when some people try to associate current events with Nostradamus. I think you are the one who needs to do his homework. God is a myth. Thank you and good night!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:05:08 AM by MrFriday »

Offline stevenswld

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2009, 03:50:58 AM »
Sorry to hear that you spent time studying the word and became lost to the love and truth. Many are called but few are chosen. This is nothing new. Maybe you just weren't chosen. This is between you and God alone. God has a way of separating the wheat from the tares.
Every question on this site has an easy and true answer. Sometimes people ask questions but don't want answers. They simply want to keep the question alive for reasons of their own. Some ask questions as a way to attempt to trick a person. Some like to ask a question in a group environment thinking it has no answer and therefore will have an effect on the group members. The Pharisees did this constantly in an attempt to cast doubt. I will gladly supply the correct answers to all questions on this site and you may be unhappy to find that it supports the truth of GOD instead of providing fuel for doubt. Those with an open heart and mind will welcome the truth and those who have an agenda of falsehoods will do as you would expect of them.

If you actually hope that GOD doesn't exist, you will have your own self defense reasons for that. If you hope he does, you need him. If you wonder if he exists, you need to read the true answers to all this sites questions and then seek him. If you like, I will post every single correct answer on this site and you will be left without any doubt that God is real, alive forever and forgiving. Let me know if you really want the truth. ASK AWAY!
As a former minister, I'm pretty sure I already know what all of the answers are. It took me many years but I now know them to be personal interpretations, rationalizations, equivocations, lies and mistakes. Many of the questions simply have no good answer. My prayerful search for answers as a trained theologian eventually resulted in my understanding that the Bible is nothing more than the work of superstitious people of a less sophisticated time. They didn't have profound answers. They had simply built up a mythology that made them feel good.

Yes, I was ordained. I began life as a firm believer. I was born into a family of believers and was taught to believe. And I certainly did believe. The "truth" was inculcated in me from birth. I had no doubts that God exists and Jesus was our savior. I had been "saved" and "born again" as a preteen. I was baptised and attended church, bible study and youth group regularly. When I was fifteen my minister (during a call to repentance) also indicated that some would be called by God to the ministry if they had strong faith. I had a very strong emotional response to this suggestion and later told the minister I felt that I was called to serve God as a minister. So I did eventually become and ordained minister.  But that was the beginning of the end. I seriously studied the Bible and just about anything else of a "spiritual" nature. The more I studied, the more questions I had. The deeper I went, the more I saw what a sham it all is.

I am guessing that these "simple" answers you intend to give have all been given before. You need not wait for people here to ask questions if you think you have the answers. Just go ahead. But first you should do as others have suggested. Look through the site and see if your answers have already been given. Then look at the responses those "answers' received. If you can also answer the objections, you might get somewhere. But you have to remember that they have to be true and verifiable answers. They are not true just because you say they are true. They are not true just because the Bible says them.

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2009, 04:01:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that you spent time studying the word and became lost to the love and truth. Many are called but few are chosen. This is nothing new. Maybe you just weren't chosen. This is between you and God alone. God has a way of separating the wheat from the tares.
The love you speak of in the Bible wouldn't be where God tells people to dash the brains of infants on rocks, would it? I'm really tired of you hypocrites being condescending twits. Sure there are some nice things in the Bible. But there are far more nasty, evil and ridiculous things. I'm not lost. I have found my way after being stuck with a sugar coated turd called Christianity. I have found the truth. You are still stuck in your fantasy world. I'm not interested in your smarmy platitudes. If you want to really discuss why the Bible and Christianity are not the truth you think they are, lets do it. But don't post condescending tripe like this. Put up or shut up. Life has a way of separating the intelligent from the stupid.

Offline LonestarGrandad

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Not afraid of dying, afraid of not living.
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2009, 07:29:40 AM »
Every question on this site has an easy and true answer.  I will gladly supply the correct answers to all questions on this site and you may be unhappy to find that it supports the truth of GOD instead of providing fuel for doubt.

Apparently Steven isn't able to supply ANY answers to my questions.  It's easy to be judgemental and condescending.  It is easy to throw out all the tired old talking points.  But it is very difficult to give any rational reason to the so called actions of the one true God.  Steven, you are as transparent as all the rest of the deluded and superstitious "believers" out there. 
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."  Soren Kierkegaard