Poll

Why wouldn't one with questions about the Bible ask a Godly person instead of posing the questions to those with the same questions?

Don't Ask
1 (100%)
Don't Ask
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: June 15, 2010, 06:48:55 AM

Author Topic: All Questions On This Site Have Biblical Answers. Know The Truth!  (Read 2857 times)

Offline stevenswld

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
Every question on this site has an easy and true answer. Sometimes people ask questions but don't want answers. They simply want to keep the question alive for reasons of their own. Some ask questions as a way to attempt to trick a person. Some like to ask a question in a group environment thinking it has no answer and therefore will have an effect on the group members. The Pharisees did this constantly in an attempt to cast doubt. I will gladly supply the correct answers to all questions on this site and you may be unhappy to find that it supports the truth of GOD instead of providing fuel for doubt. Those with an open heart and mind will welcome the truth and those who have an agenda of falsehoods will do as you would expect of them.

If you actually hope that GOD doesn't exist, you will have your own self defense reasons for that. If you hope he does, you need him. If you wonder if he exists, you need to read the true answers to all this sites questions and then seek him. If you like, I will post every single correct answer on this site and you will be left without any doubt that God is real, alive forever and forgiving. Let me know if you really want the truth. ASK AWAY![/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +74/-7
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
Re: All Questions On This Site Have Biblical Answers. Know The Truth!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 06:54:17 AM »
Why are Jehovah and Jesus invisible, uninvolved, and silent? Why must those use people like you to speak for them? Why do people who claim to speak for them tell us different things?
I've been struggling with racism lately. I recently came to the realization that I tend to dislike people with fake orange skin and stubby fingers.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 06:55:01 AM »
Stevenswld, welcome to the forums.  I recommend using the search function to browse on topics that have probably been discussed in detail on the forums already.  If you are not familiar with the forum software (SMF), please let me know and I'll be glad to offer assistance to get you up to speed.

Search: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?action=search
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Typos are intentional, honest.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 06:55:44 AM »
Might I suggest that you just go ahead and refute Marshall's book? Please bear in mind that many of us are well versed in Christian theology, so simply quoting verses will not suffice.

As Hermes said, it would definitely be worth your reading previous posts.
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"
Popeye (the sailor man)

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 07:10:23 AM »
I will gladly supply the correct answers to all questions on this site...

Thanks for offering to do that, but I have one question. How can the members independently verify the answers you give them as true and correct? That will be an important issue going forward.

Offline stevenswld

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 07:58:13 AM »
They are invisible because they are spirit beings. God uses men to communicate with non-christians because to do otherwise would leave them no free will of choice. God could easily write his name across the sky but doesn't for the same reason. God is building a heavenly family for himself. He wants those family members to choose to be with him instead of forcing proof onto them. No man or woman is perfect and each carries with them their own understanding of his word. This is why some tell you one thing and some another. Jesus himself spoke in parables so that all would not understand his teachings because some of the listeners had evil intentions. Those with good intentions would study what he said and find his meaning while those with evil intentions did not. Those with a pure heart are willing to pursue while those that don't aren't willing. These are those who cast doubt instead of pursuing him in an attempt to feel better about their position. This separates the clean and unclean spirits (you and I) at the time of judgement.

Offline stevenswld

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »
Thanks for offering to do that, but I have one question. How can the members independently verify the answers you give them as true and correct? That will be an important issue going forward.

The answers you receive will be self verified and common sense will prove it to you.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:14:07 AM by Admin 1 »

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Typos are intentional, honest.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 08:11:54 AM »
They are invisible because they are spirit beings.

Or they may be using a technology similar to the cloaking devices in Star Trek, or maybe they're able to slip in to a parallel dimension. Another possibility is that they don't exist. How is your suggestion self-verifiable or common sense?

God uses men to communicate with non-christians because to do otherwise would leave them no free will of choice. God could easily write his name across the sky but doesn't for the same reason. God is building a heavenly family for himself. He wants those family members to choose to be with him instead of forcing proof onto them.

Free will is one of the more difficult issues to address. You'd have to explain why Yahweh was perfectly willing to reveal himself to thousands of people in the Bible, in some cases by talking directly to them? You'd also have to explain why prophets performed miracles? Why was if okay to take away the free will of people in ancient times, yet not okay for modern people? If I were cynical I may claim that it's a lot easier to write about miracles in the past than it is to create a contemporary miracle, particularly if God doesn't exist. How is your explanation self-verifiable or common sense?

No man or woman is perfect and each carries with them their own understanding of his word. This is why some tell you one thing and some another. Jesus himself spoke in parables so that all would not understand his teachings because some of the listeners had evil intentions. Those with good intentions would study what he said and find his meaning while those with evil intentions did not. Those with a pure heart are willing to pursue while those that don't aren't willing. These are those who cast doubt instead of pursuing him in an attempt to feel better about their position. This separates the clean and unclean spirits (you and I) at the time of judgement.

Why was the Bible originally written in a language that very few people could read? If Jesus intended the Bible to written rather cleverly as a kind of puzzle, this puzzle is hardly going to survive being transcribed and translated. Texts are open to interpretation, but there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that those 'pure of heart' can consistently ascertain a true meaning. The myriad of Christian sects would seem evidence of some inconsistency. How is your explanation self-verifiable or common sense?
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"
Popeye (the sailor man)

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +74/-7
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
They are invisible because they are spirit beings. God uses men to communicate with non-christians because to do otherwise would leave them no free will of choice. God could easily write his name across the sky but doesn't for the same reason.

Wait, I thought you were going to give us answers that would floor us and make us into true believers? Instead, you use the same worn out excuse of "free will" that hundreds before you have used.

Not that I truly expected anything other.

God is building a heavenly family for himself. He wants those family members to choose to be with him instead of forcing proof onto them.

And here is the answer to this: did God take away the "free will" of all those characters in the bible? What about Paul and his Damascus Road experience? The children of Israel when he parted the Red Sea? Elijah when fire shot down from heaven? Thomas when he doubted and Jesus came back to show him he was alive?

All of these characters -- and more -- supposedly experienced Jehovah first hand through miraculous events and direct contact. Yet he went into hiding soon after and has not been seen since.

No man or woman is perfect and each carries with them their own understanding of his word.

Yep. That is because it is just mythology and not truly the word of any god. If an omnimax deity truly wanted us to know about him, the messages would be clear and indisputable. Yet the bible is so far from this that it is easily dismissed as a message from any omnimax deity.

This is why some tell you one thing and some another. Jesus himself spoke in parables so that all would not understand his teachings because some of the listeners had evil intentions. Those with good intentions would study what he said and find his meaning while those with evil intentions did not. Those with a pure heart are willing to pursue while those that don't aren't willing. These are those who cast doubt instead of pursuing him in an attempt to feel better about their position. This separates the clean and unclean spirits (you and I) at the time of judgement.

So, how can we discern which of you has the true understanding of Jehovah's word? How do we know that you truly understand his parables and are not among those who are still confused?

Steven, you offer nothing any more convincing than any other theist before you. In fact, you have been -- so far -- much less convincing than many who preceded you. But continue on, perhaps you will uncover a true nugget of gold worth considering.

I won't be holding my breath.
I've been struggling with racism lately. I recently came to the realization that I tend to dislike people with fake orange skin and stubby fingers.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +74/-7
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 08:51:45 AM »
This separates the clean and unclean spirits (you and I) at the time of judgement.

Missed this the first time around. Nice. Just another Christian looking down his nose at those who don't believe in something that lacks evidence of being reality.

I wonder if people who believe in leprechauns look down on those who do not?

Offline LonestarGrandad

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Not afraid of dying, afraid of not living.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »
OK,  If you have the answers, please read my story at http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=7021.0 and explain to me - if God exists - how He could be so cruel and ineffective.  I am anxiously awaiting your response.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."  Soren Kierkegaard

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +64/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »

The answers you receive will be self verified and common sense will prove it to you.

What denomination do you belong to?
Why are there so many Christian denominations each claiming to have the truth, yet at the same time saying other Christian denominations are wrong?
But why should we trust you have the 'true' answers?
Why might your answers to our questions be different than the answers given by other Christians?
What 'credentials' do you have in the field of religion?
Do you believe in a young earth, or old earth?

[in that order]

EDIT: Changed order of questions.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 11:59:31 AM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 10:43:33 AM »
Stevenswld, have you looked around the forums a bit yet, and have you used the search button to look at issues that interest you?

As I offered before, if you are not familiar with the forum software, I will be glad to assist you with it.

Also, check your Messages for a Greetings Stevenswld message.  It has some pointers and references to additional resources.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +640/-134
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
Another know-it-all Christian.

-Nam
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me

Offline Crocoduck

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Nothing Fails Like Prayer.
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 11:58:03 AM »
1st off you need to explain you religious position so we dont aks questions that dont pertain to you.

which type of jesusism do you follow?
atheism is not a religion... it is a personal relationship with reality.
V00d00Sixxx Youtube Channel

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +74/-7
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 02:01:13 PM »
Why do I get the odd feeling that stevenswld's post count won't exceed 3?

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +64/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 02:06:48 PM »
Why do I get the odd feeling that stevenswld's post count won't exceed 3?

I think because he thinks we weren't really serious about the answers. Ahh, sadly for us we are serious, and really want to know the answers, but once again, someone with the answers has deserted us.

But I remain optimistic. Maybe he just needed to go to bed or work or something, that's why he only made three posts.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline stevenswld

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 11:13:35 PM »

They are invisible because they are spirit beings. Spirits have no material body and that is explained in God's word. I have actually been spoken to by spirits aloud. I have watched as they made objects move about and disappear and then reappear elsewhere. Common sense answers are understood by individuals with common sense and not by those without common sense. I don't answer rhetorical questions and neither did Christ. Some are prevented from understanding due to their evil intentions in asking rhetorical questions. I hope this helps.

Or they may be using a technology similar to the cloaking devices in Star Trek, or maybe they're able to slip in to a parallel dimension. Another possibility is that they don't exist. How is your suggestion self-verifiable or common sense?

God uses men to communicate with non-christians because to do otherwise would leave them no free will of choice. God could easily write his name across the sky but doesn't for the same reason. God is building a heavenly family for himself. He wants those family members to choose to be with him instead of forcing proof onto them.

Free will is one of the more difficult issues to address. You'd have to explain why Yahweh was perfectly willing to reveal himself to thousands of people in the Bible, in some cases by talking directly to them? You'd also have to explain why prophets performed miracles? Why was if okay to take away the free will of people in ancient times, yet not okay for modern people? If I were cynical I may claim that it's a lot easier to write about miracles in the past than it is to create a contemporary miracle, particularly if God doesn't exist. How is your explanation self-verifiable or common sense?

No man or woman is perfect and each carries with them their own understanding of his word. This is why some tell you one thing and some another. Jesus himself spoke in parables so that all would not understand his teachings because some of the listeners had evil intentions. Those with good intentions would study what he said and find his meaning while those with evil intentions did not. Those with a pure heart are willing to pursue while those that don't aren't willing. These are those who cast doubt instead of pursuing him in an attempt to feel better about their position. This separates the clean and unclean spirits (you and I) at the time of judgement.

Why was the Bible originally written in a language that very few people could read? If Jesus intended the Bible to written rather cleverly as a kind of puzzle, this puzzle is hardly going to survive being transcribed and translated. Texts are open to interpretation, but there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that those 'pure of heart' can consistently ascertain a true meaning. The myriad of Christian sects would seem evidence of some inconsistency. How is your explanation self-verifiable or common sense?
[/quote]

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 11:20:34 PM »
Why was the Bible originally written in a language that very few people could read?

lack of education.
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 11:24:08 PM »
Stevenswld, if you need help using the quote function take a look at your Messages and the link I provided in the message I sent to you.

If you click the Modify link located in the upper right hand corner of your message, you can make changes to your old messages.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +74/-7
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 11:37:07 PM »
They are invisible because they are spirit beings. Spirits have no material body and that is explained in God's word. I have actually been spoken to by spirits aloud. I have watched as they made objects move about and disappear and then reappear elsewhere.

Stop. Next...

Common sense answers are understood by individuals with common sense and not by those without common sense.

How do these two first quotes compare? You speak of seeing things moving by spirits and then mention "common sense"?

You are starting off VERY poorly on this forum.

I don't answer rhetorical questions and neither did Christ.

Do you even know what a rhetorical question is?

Some are prevented from understanding due to their evil intentions in asking rhetorical questions. I hope this helps.

So rhetorical questions are evil?

Are you making stuff up as you go along?

Move along folks. The bottom of the barrel has been removed, we are now digging in the dirt.

Offline stevenswld

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 11:51:43 PM »
The Old Testament was originally written in the language of his chosen people. After Jesus came, the Gentiles were included for salvation by Christ and this required translations for the various Gentile groups.

They are invisible because they are spirit beings. [/quote]

[/quote]

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 11:53:39 PM »
Stevenswld, please fix your quoting.  I can't tell where your comments start and end and who you were quoting.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +72/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 11:54:41 PM »
This is a sig mine. The sigs are all near the surface too, no need to dig deep or blast.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +74/-7
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »
Hermes, does it matter? We have obliterated god's army, and all we have left is a lowly foot soldier who is too timid to fight. Steven is doing his best, but alas, his best is a joke.

Offline stevenswld

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 12:04:47 AM »
In order to preserve the possibilty of choice and faith, God will not  offer to come again and get back up on the cross and die for you again. He won't perform a host of miracles and come every few decades to keep repeating himself. He requires that you believe by faith because having faith is a qualifier. The same is true for curing amputees. If he comes and heals amputees and all the non-believers see that, they will believe by sight instead of by faith.

They are invisible because they are spirit beings. Spirits have no material body and that is explained in God's word. I have actually been spoken to by spirits aloud. I have watched as they made objects move about and disappear and then reappear elsewhere. [/quote]

Stop. Next...

Common sense answers are understood by individuals with common sense and not by those without common sense.

How do these two first quotes compare? You speak of seeing things moving by spirits and then mention "common sense"?

You are starting off VERY poorly on this forum.

I don't answer rhetorical questions and neither did Christ.

Do you even know what a rhetorical question is?

Some are prevented from understanding due to their evil intentions in asking rhetorical questions. I hope this helps.

So rhetorical questions are evil?

Are you making stuff up as you go along?

Move along folks. The bottom of the barrel has been removed, we are now digging in the dirt.

[/quote]

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +72/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 12:05:59 AM »
You're humiliating yourself, Steven.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +640/-134
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
You're humiliating yourself, Steven.

I think his "poll" showed that from the start. Even more hilarious that no one has participated in the "poll".

:P

-Nam
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +367/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 02:40:10 AM »
Steven, have you considered the possibility that these "spirits" you've heard are merely hallucinations created by your own mind?
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles