Author Topic: MrJones007  (Read 396 times)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +640/-134
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
MrJones007
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »
...should be banned (perhaps not forever) for making this statement:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=7089.msg161213#msg161213

His entire purpose was to anger people. In essence: to troll. Now, I have nothing against people wanting to anger people but it should be done in discussion rather than constant postings and ignoring everyone's comments to them while they still just make constant comments that ignore everyone 'til they get what they want: to anger people. Then, when they are reading to discuss the topic, it's at their choosing rather than in a civil and respectful manner as we all conform to on this website.

How is anyone not to expect such things from MrJones007 in the future on any topic MrJones007 starts? As he stated: he and his friends at work had a good laugh at everyone's expense.

Just a suggestion.

-Nam
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: MrJones007
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »
Nam, I agree a suspension of some sort has merit, though I take it from the message you linked to that MrJones007 might have some interesting (if misguided) ideas.  I take his (?) comments as the equivalent of someone using hate speech at a pro-free speech event to promote ideas intended to inflame and not enlighten just to see who can be shown to be a hypocrite on some level.  It's a joy ride.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +74/-7
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »
Mr. Jones is a joke who will ban himself by lack of participation soon enough.
I've been struggling with racism lately. I recently came to the realization that I tend to dislike people with fake orange skin and stubby fingers.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:46:48 PM »
I completely agree Nam. All MrJones007's attempt is to just be a nuisance. Considering that i believe that his thread should be locked or put in the bottomless pit. And yes he should also be banned.

He contributed nothing to this site, he's just making an embarrassment of himself. Kind of like a mime who thinks he's better than everybody when everyone else is just mocking and teasing him. He is but a joke.

Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Inactive_A

• Reader
  • Darwins +5/-3
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 03:02:36 AM »
There is no rule that says you can't embarass yourself.

There are rules about flaming and trolling though.
He's suspended and the thread locked. Thank you for reporting it.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 03:22:45 AM »
There is no rule that says you can't embarass yourself.

There are rules about flaming and trolling though.
He's suspended and the thread locked. Thank you for reporting it.

thank you AdminA.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.