Author Topic: Please respond [#1489]  (Read 342 times)

Offline DL

Please respond [#1489]
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »
Dear writer(s), I have a question for you. I know you get this a lot, but I have a
response to all your '10 questions'. Before you stop reading, you may be interested
in what I have to say because at 17, I am your target audience. While I am no
Philosopher, I believe you raise valid questions and I would like to answer them in
a simple, non-evasive way. I am a devoted follower of Jesus, but I believe that
Christians should not bury their head in the sand, and that what I believe is just
as viable as what you do. I should say that is fair, wouldn't you? Rest assured,
there will be no abuse or ridicule, and I simply wish to answer the questions you
have asked me. I only go about it this way because I would fill up the forum with
what I have to say! If it is possible, and you would care to read, drop me a return
email. I do not want to write a response if no one will read it! Awaiting your
reply, your fellow thinker, [name]

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
Re: Please respond [#1489]
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:56:58 PM »
Your best bet is to join the forum as soon as possible so we can talk directly with you.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:58:59 PM »
Plenty of people will read it here, trust me. Join up... I personally think that people are taken more seriously when they join the forum to post their answers than people who just send their answers via PM.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 08:24:13 PM »
what I believe is just as viable as what you do. I should say that is fair, wouldn't you?

Only if you can support your statments and beliefs with evidence. If not, it would not only be unfair to say that, but dishonest and delusional.

Welcome and I hope you sign up so we can settle the matter, intellectually.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Odin

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-2
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »
I am a devoted follower of Jesus, but I believe that
Christians should not bury their head in the sand, and that what I believe is just
as viable as what you do. I should say that is fair, wouldn't you?

http://www.smiletrain.org/site/PageServer

OK, let's have it.  Why would your heinous god, and his son Jesus, allow this to happen?  And why does Jesus hate children with cleft palate?  his father, god, never heals a child with cleft palate.  god, if omnipotent and omniscient, knows these kids will be born this way.  They are healed by the hands of man, not god or Jesus.

Now, your turn.  Why does god hate these children?

Odin, King of the Gods

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:03:41 PM »
If you come to the forums, and you humbly follow one rule, you will find that you are generally welcomed for your honesty and you can ask and expect answers on nearly any topic;

“I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said that I didn't know.”

--Mark Twain
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 08:26:37 AM »
Now, your turn.  Why does god hate these children?

That's a great "when did you stop bashing your wife?" Odin  ;D ;D ;D

.......................And fellow thinker  welcome, join the forum, prepare to have the think tank stretched.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 08:59:02 AM »
I believe you raise valid questions and I would like to answer them in
a simple, non-evasive way.

Join up so we can chat.  Most of us are quite civilized - well we can be if you are  ;)
Git mit uns