Author Topic: fool [#1487]  (Read 412 times)

Offline DL

fool [#1487]
« on: June 14, 2009, 02:28:32 PM »

Im going to assume that your mad at God because your leg was cut off look God is'nt here to be explained or live your life he is here to be your creator and savior why should the world's christian faith be destroyed just because you have a grudge against your creator of course legs dont spontaneously generate you have to except God performs miracles that cant be explain because part of the grand design is that man should not know of the true source of good and evil

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
Re: fool [#1487]
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »
Holy run on sentence, Batman!

You may assume all you'd like, but you'd be wrong.

because part of the grand design is that man should not know of the true source of good and evil
If we aren't to know of the true source of good and evil, how do you know such a source exists?
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 02:34:17 PM »

Im going to assume that your mad at God because your leg was cut off look God is'nt here to be explained or live your life he is here to be your creator and savior why should the world's christian faith be destroyed just because you have a grudge against your creator of course legs dont spontaneously generate you have to except God performs miracles that cant be explain because part of the grand design is that man should not know of the true source of good and evil

For some reason I'm reminded of that whole angry Vietnam vet stereotype. Kind of like Lt. Dan in Forfest Gump.

No ones legs have been cut off. The video is just saying that god wont heal amputees because he doesn't exist.

At least this wasn't like some replies that say we are angry at the world...  &)
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +311/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 02:38:44 PM »
Im going to assume that your mad at God

To be mad at something, I'd first have to believe that something exists. In concern to what you call "god", I do not. So, I can't be mad at it.

because your leg was cut off look

I have both my legs, thank you. And, even if I didn't, I find it to be irrelevant.

God is'nt here to be explained or live your life he is here to be your creator and savior why should the world's christian faith be destroyed just because you have a grudge against your creator

I do not have a grudge against anyone. Who said anything about "destroying"? Such a strong word. Is that what you think I, or anyone here is doing? Well, some of us may but you can't destroy religion. Once it's born, it's always there. The people who practice said religion may cease but the religion will still be there.

of course legs dont spontaneously generate you have to except God performs miracles that cant be explain because part of the grand design is that man should not know of the true source of good and evil

Uh-huh.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
  • The Forum is made of its members.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 02:43:30 PM »

Heya

I have a question.

Where did you get this inforrmation from?

Agga
I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 08:48:59 PM »
Consider your Subject title.

Consider your religious text;

"But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." --Matthew 5:22
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »

I just want to know what the big secret is?  Why can't god explain his grand design?  Why is this priviledged information?
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 06:15:13 AM »
Look I know it's a little confusing, but if you really want to sign your name, it goes at the end of your post, not in the 'subject title' space.

Re: Re:fool     ....not everything's about you.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »
Hermes beat me to it. Ah, shucks. :(
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 11:28:59 PM »
Hermes beat me to it. Ah, shucks. :(

Low hanging fruit.   :P
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer