Author Topic: God [#1481]  (Read 440 times)

Offline DL

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
God [#1481]
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:32:28 PM »

I just happened to stumble upon one of your videos, "The Best Optical Illusion in the World" and i must say that i completly disagree with you. It is very obvious to me that your videos arn't promoting Christianity at all. But let me ask you this... if God is imaginary, then how do you explane life? How did we get here? I mean, if u had common scence, then you would know that everything couldn't have just happened by chance, there has to be a higher power. which is in fact God. Get back to me on ur thoughts. i would luv to hear what you have to say as long as you are willing to hear what I have to say as well.

[name]

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
Re: God [#1481]
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:55:15 PM »
It is very obvious to me that your videos arn't promoting Christianity at all.
Genius!

if God is imaginary, then how do you explane life?
It began by abiogenesis, which lead to evolution. Study about it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cdk007

f u had common scence, then you would know that everything couldn't have just happened by chance, there has to be a higher power. which is in fact God.
But where did God come from then. I'd like to quote a member named InvisiblePinkUnicorn, because they put it best
"1) All the Big Bang theory says is that at one point a long time ago, all of the matter in the universe was very very very close together, almost at the same point.  It makes not solid claims about what happened BEFORE that.  So techincally, BB Theory doesn't say "somethign came from nothing."  It says "Stuff was close together and before that....we don't know."  

Who's to say that what went "bang" wasn't around for ever. We know time and space had a beginning, and that happened at the big bang, but perhaps what went bang was just chilling there before the bang. Since none of us were around to witness the big bang, I don't know. But there have been many, many tests conducted on the big bang and the early universe[1][2]. Did the big bang cause life? Nope, not at all. But when Christians think about life forming, they are thinking about complex life. Early life forms were not as complex. Follow this link and watch his videos. You'll find them interesting (I hope).
http://www.youtube.com/user/cdk007
 1. http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/
 2. http://hubblesite.org/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:20:13 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 09:29:18 PM »
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the god of Abraham didn't have anything to do with it, he is imaginary.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:31:21 PM »
i would luv to hear what you have to say as long as you are willing to hear what I have to say as well.

After this initial message? No thanks.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:33:50 PM »
Just because we don't know all the answers to all of the questions about how life started does not mean we need to fill in the blanks with God.  Science and evolution is giving us some pretty good answers.  An imaginary sky daddy is not.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 02:00:19 AM »
I just happened to stumble upon one of your videos,

Well stand up for god's sake,    ....kneeling is not required here,               ...........thinking is.

OK?         So let's discuss your "in fact god"

Like ....what's his address?
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 03:43:29 PM »

I just happened to stumble upon one of your videos, "The Best Optical Illusion in the World" and i must say that i completly disagree with you. It is very obvious to me that your videos arn't promoting Christianity at all.

You came up with that all on your own?

But let me ask you this... if God is imaginary, then how do you explane life?

I don't. Life is life. That's it.

How did we get here?

I don't care. What does it matter?

I mean, if u had common scence,

If you had common sense you'd know how to spell "you" and "sense".

then you would know that everything couldn't have just happened by chance,

Perhaps it didn't, perhaps it did. I don't care either way. However, stating one doesn't have common sense 'cause they do not believe as you do is nonsense in of itself.

there has to be a higher power.

Why?

which is in fact God.

Is that a fact? And, where did you get your facts from? Where's the evidence that you have (that isn't scripture from a religion that states such things, and also not "well, look around you" b.s. either) that supports this fact?

Get back to me on ur thoughts.

I care less either way.

i would luv to hear what you have to say as long as you are willing to hear what I have to say as well.

I just read what you had to say.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 04:00:38 PM »
I mean, if u had common scence, then you would know that everything couldn't have just happened by chance, there has to be a higher power. which is in fact God.
You don't understand how "everything" got here, so you claim a higher power.  But not just any higher power, God, presumably one of the many Christian versions of God.  Can you please explain how you took that gigantic leap?
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 09:04:54 PM »
if God is imaginary, then how do you explane life?

Chemistry.

How did we get here?

Me?: From my mothers womb.

Humans in general?: Eons of evolutionary time and change.

I mean, if u had common scence, then you would know that everything couldn't have just happened by chance, there has to be a higher power.

No, there doesn't have to be a higher power for anything when naturalistic explanation do the same or better.

which is in fact God.

Which one of the thousands of god's are you speaking of?  How are you certain that the "higher power" you spoke of is in fact the god that you just so happen to worship?
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Odin

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-3
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 09:07:39 PM »
I just happened to stumble upon one of your videos...

Stumbling, bumbling, rumbling.  You might want to organize your mind, and try again.

Odin, King of the Gods